Covid on Adventure

As someone who is vaccinated, I have zero concern with a break through case.  The chance of a serious case (for myself, in my 40's and relatively healthy) is almost nil.  

What I'm most concerned about - for the Florida cruises where unvaccinated can cruise (adults, not just kids) - is that there will most likely be more than 2 in a cruise.  And then the press will pick it up and it will become a big deal, and then my cruise in January will be cancelled.  Or worse, the cruise lines can't recover from the bad press because they were forced to allow a much larger portion of unvaccinated that have a much larger chance of contracting covid (or had it undetected prior to boarding) too early to their return to the US.

I understand vaccinated can test positive, but again, that occurrence is significantly less than those that are vaccinated. The numbers will be greater with a greater number of unvaccinated passengers.  I just hope the protocols continue to be followed and CDC does not use the increased numbers to enforce a new no sail order.

I am not referring to the AOS cruises from Bahamas as they are requiring all adults over 18 to be vaccinated.  The number of unvaccinated are very small.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, L454S said:

But, if you are vaxxed, why do you care???????? Why the hand wringing????? Just let it go, move on and enjoy ..........

How many times to people have to explain that they don’t want their cruise cut short or have more restrictions put in place while on the cruise because some unvaccinated person tests positive? No need to tell me about the contract that says they can pretty much change whatever they want. Everyone already knows this or should.

• Like 5