Waitlist

PSahoy

14 hours ago, Rumpymuffin said:

#23 on the B1 wait list for a July 2022 cruise on Sirena. Also, #25 for a B2 and #26 for an A2 or A3. Has anyone that far down on the wait list ever gotten a stateroom? Crossing my fingers... 🤞

The position on a wait list means little until the penalties for deposits kick in.  When people start dropping out that's when you move up quickly on the list.

• Like 3

We are #3 on the waitlist for a PH2 for an October 2022 cruise.  We have a good TA who is optimistic about it.  Once the penalties start kicking in I think we'll move up that list quickly.

On the subject of TA's, we've had a bad one who claimed they book a lot of O cruises but their service was horrible and they gave us no perks whatsoever.  We've now found a good one. It pays to shop around. 

Sunlover12,

If you really want that PH, also Waitlist PH 1 and 3. Extra insurance 😁. If you move up you can always keep the PH 2 Waitlist request active.  You are right, FP dates and life changes will generate some movement but on an R Class ship there are fewer PH’s available. Good luck and enjoy French Polynesia, it is beautiful. 
B and G

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mauibabes said:

Sunlover12,

If you really want that PH, also Waitlist PH 1 and 3. Extra insurance 😁. If you move up you can always keep the PH 2 Waitlist request active.  You are right, FP dates and life changes will generate some movement but on an R Class ship there are fewer PH’s available. Good luck and enjoy French Polynesia, it is beautiful. 
B and G

I inadvertently omitted that we're also waitlisted #3 on PH1. This is for a Mediterranean cruise in October 2022 on an R class ship. We have a confirmed booking for the French Polynesia cruise in March.

Thanks for the well wishes.

We inquired about the waitlist for a TA in 2014, was told we had to have a deposit for the category that we wanted. We placed a deposit on a PH1 (lowest number on the list), got an email the next day with a PH1 cabin already assigned. Wow how fast.  Then figured why not waitlist for an OC suite, and while we were talking my TA said that 11080 ( oceania suite aft with wrap around balcony) just became available. What a great trip and wonderful suite.

• Like 1

OH and I are waitlisted for a cruise in November 2022 Singapore to Sydney. Booked direct with O for the five lowest cabin categories and we were told it was a good chance we would get offered a cabin.  How do you find out what number you are on the waitlist.  Anyone know, please?

Your Waitlist positions should be printed on your Booking Statement for all 5 Categories as of the date of your deposit. Updates are available thru your TA as Oceania will normally only talk directly with your TA as your representative. 
Since you are Waitlisted on one of the R Class ships, the number of potential Staterooms is smaller than the number of B Verandas. 
If your TA said you have a good chance, then they know you have a low number in one or more of the categories. 
Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Mauibabes

15 hours ago, GrammieK said:

Why is 11080 (or 11083) better than deck 12 Oceania suites?

can’t beat an aft view

Cute round window in bathroom

Huge wrap around balcony

more secluded

just my opinion...

k

Thanks a lot.  We have only had deck 12 so we will try one to those 2 next time.  

8 minutes ago, GrammieK said:

There are only 2 with that configuration and they go quickly!  For our upcoming cruise they were already booked, so we are trying a 12th deck one. We’ll have to compare notes afterwards!

k

sounds like a plan.  have a great day

We are on waitlist  for OC suite in December 2022.Whilst talking direct to oceania, they told us we were number 2. Handed immediately over to our agent and told we are number 1. My husband just calls Oceania from time to time  and they tell you where you are.

Had OC suite once before on deck 12 and loved the privacy and quiet of those very few cabins, also the quick access to the bar during the day, but would really love deck 11 for the wraparound balcony.