Waitlist

PSahoy

I am on one for a 10/22 cruise. All cabin categories are waitlist. Does anyone know if/when it clears the fare is what was published when I was waitlisted or what it is at the time of clearance?

12 minutes ago, PSahoy said:

Thanks. And is it likely that far out the whole ship is really fully booked or that they’re holding cabins back? Just a guess is appreciated.

My understanding it they are not holding cabins back in 2022.  Yes, they likely really are sold out.  

Work with your TA, if the Waitlist situation isn’t bad, perhaps there could be a Guaranteed booking level or levels and in that case you are locking in the current prices because July 1 they will all be going up. 
Good luck.  

42 minutes ago, PSahoy said:

I am on one for a 10/22 cruise. All cabin categories are waitlist. Does anyone know if/when it clears the fare is what was published when I was waitlisted or what it is at the time of clearance?

My TA puts me on the waitlist with a deposit and then gets a number as to where I am on the waitlist.  I assume you didn’t get a number?

2 hours ago, PSahoy said:

Thanks. And is it likely that far out the whole ship is really fully booked or that they’re holding cabins back? Just a guess is appreciated.

The most popular and/or unusual O itineraries often book full within 2-3 weeks of announcement.

16 hours ago, KS&JW said:

My understanding it they are not holding cabins back in 2022.  Yes, they likely really are sold out.  

Things change all the time.  You need to check often as we just got a cabin wait listed the day before.  Best time to find out is when we get to final pay and people always drop out. Good luck. 

1 minute ago, nursinadream said:

Hi Flyer, What's an example of popular or unusual itinerary?

Not Flyer but we have found the itineraries offered only once or twice a year and usually on the smaller ships....roundtrip from Miami up the Amazon,  cruise up to and into the Arctic Circle are a few examples of ones we have booked and were wait listed very quickly after opening.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nursinadream said:

Segments of the ATW are often unusual and/or only offered once so quickly sell out. 

28 minutes ago, nursinadream said:

As others are already responding: On O, it is often R ship itineraries (e.g., Nautica or ATW segments on Insignia).

That said, whatever is the O ship, itineraries that are somewhat “unusual” often involve longer single segments or “extended journeys” exceeding several weeks. In general, O cruises that visit areas/ports like Cape Horn, the Amazon, Easter Island, Iceland, the Seychelles et al. (no - not all on the same itinerary 👀- unless it’s the ATW) sell out VERY quickly.

One of our booked future 2022 O cruises, a 45 day “extended journey” of ATW segments sold out within days of bookings opening. It’s CPT-LIS + LIS-NYC in May/June. Others that always sell fast are circumnavigations of Australia, NYC-SF (or LA) or reverse Panama Canal cruises (even though not too exotic).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, basor said:

Not Flyer but we have found the itineraries offered only once or twice a year and usually on the smaller ships....roundtrip from Miami up the Amazon,  cruise up to and into the Arctic Circle are a few examples of ones we have booked and were wait listed very quickly after opening.

Thanks Basor and Flyer for your replies.  Don't believe I've seen a cruise up to the Arctic Circle.  Can you point to one?  Flyer how does one monitor those itinerary releases that are unique or popular?  Thanks all.  I've learned so much on the CC Forum.

Deb

35 minutes ago, nursinadream said:

Thanks Basor and Flyer for your replies.  Don't believe I've seen a cruise up to the Arctic Circle.  Can you point to one?  Flyer how does one monitor those itinerary releases that are unique or popular?  Thanks all.  I've learned so much on the CC Forum.

Deb

In normal times, O itineraries are usually announced twice a year (spring and fall though  exactly when may vary). 
From your second O cruise onward, you will be O Club members and get advanced notice of new itineraries. The right TA will know about them even sooner (as will O Club Ambassadors onboard).

That said, it can be “too much of a good thing” if you’re opposed to killing trees and receiving a zillion hard copy mailings from O.

Best strategy is to get the email notices which occasionally include links to the interactive PDF brochures for the newest itineraries but opt out of the snail mail brochures and catalogues (unless you’re into making photo collages).

Also, get on the e-mailing list(s) of your preferred TA specifically for Oceania since O has rotating “quiet sales” among them that might have cruises of interest to you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nursinadream said:

Deb

The Arctic circle ones are usually part of  a Norway itinerary

We did one several years ago  BRRR 😉

Here is one  in 2022

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/grand-voyage-cruises/reykjavik-to-london-SIR220816A/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%23marketing_region%3Dgreenland|northernfjords%26time_frame%3D2022-8%26ship%3DSIR%26sort%3Dfeatured%3Adesc%26page%3D1%26pageSize%3D10

2 hours ago, nursinadream said:

Deb

We were booked on this one for this August  (which was canceled) and now booked on same cruise for next August 2022 - Oceania Cruises 32-days from Oslo, Norway to London (Portsmouth), United Kingdom on Sirena

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

The Arctic circle ones are usually part of  a Norway itinerary

We did one several years ago  BRRR 😉

Well being a year round Naples, FL resident some BRRR sounds pretty good to us especially by Aug-Oct when we're really roasting.  I checked those itineraries and see they are all WAITLISTED like Basor said for 2022.  I'll get in touch with agent soon and put a hold on one of those.  Anybody want to give me a wild guess for a chance?

3 minutes ago, nursinadream said:

Well being a year round Naples, FL resident some BRRR sounds pretty good to us especially by Aug-Oct when we're really roasting.  I checked those itineraries and see they are all WAITLISTED like Basor said for 2022.  I'll get in touch with agent soon and put a hold on one of those.  Anybody want to give me a wild guess for a chance?

Watch for the new  schedule for 2023  & jump fast   😉

10 minutes ago, nursinadream said:

Join me on this Marina itinerary. Oslo, Norway to London June 2022. I’m #3 on the PH 1 waitlist, but I might just settle for my B1 veranda stateroom. 
https://www.oceaniacruises.com/northern-fjords-cruises/oslo-to-london-MNA220629/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%23time_frame%3D2022-6%26ship%3DMNA%26sort%3Dfeatured%3Adesc%26page%3D1%26pageSize%3D10

22 minutes ago, basor said:

We were booked on this one for this August  (which was canceled) and now booked on same cruise for next August 2022 - Oceania Cruises 32-days from Oslo, Norway to London (Portsmouth), United Kingdom on Sirena

Thanks for the link.  I see there's some availability on that one.  That's a fine option for us.

Deb

3 minutes ago, nursinadream said:

Thanks for the link.  I see there's some availability on that one.  That's a fine option for us.

Deb

Yes - it shows OV has availability...you can always book one of those and waitlist for a different cabin category, if you want.  It is 14 months away and I am sure there will be cancelations.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, basor said:

Yes - it shows OV has availability...

Looks like  a great cruise

we loved the Kiel canal  transit

OV  deck 4 are great for that  cruise  too cold to sit out on the balcony

Be sure to take hat mitts & maybe a face covering  you face can freeze in minutes  outside

• Like 2