John Heald is requesting input for Children's Clubs on restart

1 minute ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Hmmm only certain hours but during the day they can just offload them onto the Camp and not worry. 

Many of the kids don't considered being offloaded. It's just as appropriate for kids to be in the program as to being anywhere else. The kids programs entertains the kids and allows the parents to escape some responsibility and still share cultural family experiences at the same time while on a vacation. It's a kids camp at sea. Just like anyone would get excited over a particular piano bar entertainer or comedian they get excited about camp on a ship.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tap_out said:

I gotta ask what is the difference of the kids being in school vs the kids club? Its ok for them goto school? But I do understand this is a cruise and not education. Carnival is just playing it safe cant say I blame them. I do think parents should be offered a refund though. 

To me, no different.  I never had a problem with unvaccinated kids.  I just think that the Carnival crew would be challenged to make sure the kids were kept apart and had their masks on at all times.  Unvaccinated people don't both me in the least, personally.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

While I agree that parents should parent, the kid's clubs are a very big part of the cruise experience, for the young ones. They don't want to spend all day in the pool, or on a lounger. The decision to close the clubs was made two days ago, for cruises leaving this week, so after final payment, and after the exemptions were made. Until that point, Carnival had been saying that the clubs would be open as usual. At this point, its really too late to change plans for most people. 

Fortunately, I have no skin in this game. I'm waiting until after cruising has really started before booking my next one. Even though I am now going on my second year where I currently would be on a ship.

It sure is! Adults may be fine sitting around all day eating and drinking but kids certainly will not. That is not a fun vacation for them, hanging out with other kids and doing kid activities is. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Sam Ting said:

Not surprising they closed it. Why would they put their employees in harms way, directing someone to babysit a bunch of unvaccinated kids running around for hours and hours?  

The same reason why schools, daycares, restaurants, stores, malls, movie theaters, etc are all open to kids and 'putting their employees in harms way'. With the vaccine any risk is pretty much completely mitigated.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Cammyho said:

The same reason why schools, daycares, restaurants, stores, malls, movie theaters, etc are all open to kids and 'putting their employees in harms way'. With the vaccine any risk is pretty much completely mitigated.

That’s completely different. Their employees are not out to sea, where there are limited medical facilities  

• Like 1

Does not matter to us.  Yes, it would be nice to have them open for when we cruise but not a real biggie.  Our kids don't spend more than an hour or two in there every day anyways.  We like to have the kids with us for our vacation together.  I won't let them get vaccinated so we will see what happens with that.  My wife is a teacher and school was open all year.  Zero issues at the school.  The protocols and guidelines worked for her particular school.  No hospitalizations.  No serious illnesses.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sam Ting said:

That’s completely different. Their employees are not out to sea, where there are limited medical facilities  

I feel like with all the protocols and testing cruise employees have to go through now, they're probably in a much better position and 'safer' than most people on land working around kids.

• Like 2