Shows on Oasis and Quantum Class

Does anyone know if there has been any changes to the way you book shows and entertainment own Oasis and Quantum Class? Specifically looking for Symphony if that matters. 

Its been awhile since I was on Anthem and Harmony. When I was on them, you booked most of the shows through the cruise planner.
I was recently told by a RC CS Rep that all shows are now booked after boarding, That just doesn't sound right to me.
Nothing against the CS Rep, but their info isn't always accurate 

50 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

Does anyone know if there has been any changes to the way you book shows and entertainment own Oasis and Quantum Class? Specifically looking for Symphony if that matters. 

Its been awhile since I was on Anthem and Harmony. When I was on them, you booked most of the shows through the cruise planner.
I was recently told by a RC CS Rep that all shows are now booked after boarding, That just doesn't sound right to me.
Nothing against the CS Rep, but their info isn't always accurate 

That is what is listed in the cruise planner as well. We are allegedly on Symphony in October

35 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

That is what is listed in the cruise planner as well. We are allegedly on Symphony in October

You are able to book your shows through the cruise planner? 

I believe shows are or at least have been available to book 60-75 days before you sail, that said we are on Oasis September 5th and so far nothing yet. I keep hoping as that would be one more sign that we will be sailing, I keep going back and forth that we will actually get to go. Ours will be the first Sailing for Oasis, but will they bring it to Bayonne for 2 months? Fingers and toes are crossed.

• Like 4

We have always booked shows through the planner for Oasis and Anthem ships.  I am 48 day out from my Alaska Ovation cruise and still no entertainment is available to be booked. I would be interested to hear if booking them after boarding is the new plan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am on Allure in mid August. For a while cruise planner said to try again later. Now this message appears. 

D97FFBB7-BC94-4602-AC8A-1D57F6D3C4EE.jpeg

I am assuming that because of limited capacity and designated spaces for those vaccinated versus unvaccinated reservations for the entertainment might not be needed. 

Edited by jacobtsf

I believe, the theatre cast (actors and technical) was not retained through the shutdown. Royal might be scrambling to recall the cast and put theatrical shows back together across the fleet, doesn't mean they'll be able to in such short notice. I fully expect spotty availability of shows for couple of months with ships that will be sailing first getting priority.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, coldflame said:

I believe, the theatre cast (actors and technical) was not retained through the shutdown. Royal might be scrambling to recall the cast and put theatrical shows back together across the fleet, doesn't mean they'll be able to in such short notice. I fully expect spotty availability of shows for couple of months with ships that will be sailing first getting priority.

That preposterous. Sure, cast was let go, but they are back now. No scrambling.

I have solid 3rd hand info that the Mama Mia cast and Aqua cast are back on Allure.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I have solid 3rd hand info that the Mama Mia cast and Aqua cast are back on Allure.

😂  But what about Cats?  From past posts, I know you have a vested interest in Cats.  🙃

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, barbeyg said:

😂  But what about Cats?  From past posts, I know you have a vested interest in Cats.  🙃

Haven't heard anything, but I don’t think we're on Oasis for a while 😺

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

THANK YOU!   Wonderful news!!   We and friends were hoping that "Mama Mia" especially will be on Allure.....just booked for Feb 2022!    We were on this ship in Feb 2019 and LOVED the theater experience and the Aqua & Ice shows!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Haven't heard anything, but I don’t think we're on Oasis for a while 😺

Things might have changed, but I believe Cats was going to be discontinued (the per person we spoke to in the ship, said the 10-year contract with ALW was up, and probably not going to be renewed) when the dry-dock happened.

23 hours ago, cruise1957 said:

I believe shows are or at least have been available to book 60-75 days before you sail, that said we are on Oasis September 5th and so far nothing yet. I keep hoping as that would be one more sign that we will be sailing, I keep going back and forth that we will actually get to go. Ours will be the first Sailing for Oasis, but will they bring it to Bayonne for 2 months? Fingers and toes are crossed.

We are pulling for you as we are on the 9/26 cruise. I'm more worried about them having enough crew for the ship. Keeping my eyes crossed also.😃

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Awesome.  I was on the Allure in January 2019 and loved the show.  Will be back on the ship in December 2021 - and my daughter will be so excited about seeing that show.

39 minutes ago, coldflame said:

Things might have changed, but I believe Cats was going to be discontinued (the per person we spoke to in the ship, said the 10-year contract with ALW was up, and probably not going to be renewed) when the dry-dock happened.

This is year 7, it aint going anywhere, anytime soon. 

At last drydock Royal exercised it's right to extend for 5 more years. That was 2019. 

ALW did rewrite to shorten it to around 90 minutes at that time

Edited by John&LaLa

On 6/27/2021 at 12:52 PM, jacobtsf said:

I am assuming that because of limited capacity and designated spaces for those vaccinated versus unvaccinated reservations for the entertainment might not be needed. 

I just got off Adventure on Saturday and even though our ship was only at 25% capacity, we had to make reservations for all the shows.  Before the pandemic, reservations were never even needed on this class of ship so I’m assuming every ship will need reservations for shows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

At last drydock Royal exercised it's right to extend for 5 more years. That was 2019.

Ah good news then! We're fans of the show and were a bit bummed when we spoke to one of the entertainment coordinators.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We’re currently booked for Allure at the end of August and there’s no entertainment showing in the cruise planner, nor can we Checkin..

I assume because the test cruise hasn’t been completed yet.

I was told Check-in is now at 30 days and they will email you when check in is ready... 
I am not waiting on an email... I will start looking about that time frame

• Like 1