Using NCL Airfare Promotion

taylortime05

5 minutes ago, Zippeedee said:

I’m a little over 300 days out and nothing is on my summary either. I did read that due to cancellations and changes they are busy rebooking hundreds of flights. We’re probably at the end of a long line for booking.

That makes sense!  Thank you.

On 6/28/2021 at 11:56 AM, hallux said:
  • Deviation requests up to 2 days pre/post cruise will be credited $25 USD per person per deviation for guests 1 and 3-8 on the reservation. No other deviation requests will be permitted

So if we come in 1/2-days early a couple in a cabin would get only a single $25 credit (never noticed they excluded Guest #2)?   Does that mean the included transfer cost would be halved since you aren't using it?  I suppose simpler would be to just remove the transfer completely.

9 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

I suppose simpler would be to just remove the transfer completely.

You would still need to remove the transfer, even with the deviation.  I deviated in October 2019 and they still charged for the transfer (which I used as I stayed in a hotel near the airport and just shuttled back to the airport using the hotel shuttle).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

So if we come in 1/2-days early a couple in a cabin would get only a single $25 credit (never noticed they excluded Guest #2)?   Does that mean the included transfer cost would be halved since you aren't using it?  I suppose simpler would be to just remove the transfer completely.

I have deviated 2 days prior and 2 days post cruise on my Epic Barcelona to Athens upcoming in October.  I removed the transfers at both ends and will get my own way from the airport.  Am really curious to see what my flights will be but as long as they get there, I don't really care (and I know I am going to lose 1/2 a day in Barcelona just because of how long it will take me to travel).

• Like 1

Well, just an FYI for those who are curious..............I did the pre-cruise deviation on two upcoming cruises today over chat.  For the two of us, we received a single $25 credit and half of our ground transport fees were removed.   All good with me!!

On 6/28/2021 at 7:05 AM, 300dtc said:

People are talking about a deviation?? Is this something you ask for? How does that work? We are flying to lax from Pittsburgh to leave from San Pedro. Would they fly us in day before? Never used their air before. 

Depends on where you are going.  We were going to South America and there was no problem getting a deviation.  Now we are booked the South Pacific Islands in 2022 and said we couldn't deviate there.

29 minutes ago, alibubba said:

South Pacific Islands in 2022

Is your departure from Tahiti? If so, it's b/c of the regulations set out by that Island's govt not due to rules by NCL.  Most anyone can  do a deviation of 1-2 days either end of the cruise. 

@alibubba If it's been a while since you've booked the cruise, you may want to check out Tahiti's status. 

https://www.airtahitinui.com/us-en/french-polynesia-entry-requirements-air-tahiti-nui

Good luck and enjoy your cruises.  

Edited by All-ready2cruise

46 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Is your departure from Tahiti? If so, it's b/c of the regulations set out by that Island's govt not due to rules by NCL.  Most anyone can  do a deviation of 1-2 days either end of the cruise. 

@alibubba If it's been a while since you've booked the cruise, you may want to check out Tahiti's status. 

https://www.airtahitinui.com/us-en/french-polynesia-entry-requirements-air-tahiti-nui

Or because they are using a charter, so everyone is on the same flight(s).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

No, we are doing back to back, so we fly in from Portland, Oregon then do the islands and leave from New Zealand.  Would love to get in two days ahead.  Will check again with our agent once we finish our March cruise and things may be more open.  Thanks for the advice. By the way, we lived in Guelph, Ontario for a year and a half while my husband was working for a company there.  Loved our time in Ontario.

Edited by alibubba
  • Like 1

Found some interesting information regarding NCL's Flights (https://www.ncl.com/air-service-standards).  I'm assuming this applies to all NCL flight arrangements, including the airfare promos.

Besides the info on layovers on flight connections and layovers, this caught my eye:

If you purchase a post-cruise shore excursion, we book a return flight at least two hours after the conclusion of the tour.

I'd wanted to do a post-cruise excursion on a previous cruise but didn't want to book the excursion until after I got my airline info - when I called to see if I could request a later flight, they told me I'd get what I get. 

Don't know if this is a new policy but I'm gonna try it on my cruise from Italy.  I called to make the reservation and the port transfer was automatically removed - worst case scenario is that I have to cancel the excursion and re-book the transfer.  So for an additional $28 (difference between transfer and excursion) I get a full day tour of Rome.

• Like 2

Hi Has anyone booked airfare through NCL when traveling domestically?  I've booked from Nashville to Miami at a good price ($225 rt) for the week of Thanksgiving.  When I price flights myself they're all over $300.  I'm just curious on what other's experiences have been.  I'm flying in the day of the cruise so I'm prepared for an early morning flight 🙂

Yes, we're booked for our upcoming NCL cruise on September 19 from Miami. We made final payment on Monday and within minutes, received our flight details. Currently we're flying in early from DC to Miami the day of embarkation. Flying home we were supposed to go direct from Miami back to DC, but just this morning they changed it to FLL to LGA, LGA to DCA. And with 60 more days to go, it could change again. (They also mix and match airlines, we're on American outbound and Delta on the way back.)

I sail in 52 days.  Final payment was made on day 61.  Still no flight details.  Domestic.  In hindsight I wish I had not selected air through NCL.  Even at 52 days it would not have been much more expensive to book the flights of my choice separately.  This is solo though.  BOGO probably would've been a different story.

11 minutes ago, SomewhereGirl said:

I sail in 52 days.  Final payment was made on day 61.  Still no flight details.  Domestic.  In hindsight I wish I had not selected air through NCL.  Even at 52 days it would not have been much more expensive to book the flights of my choice separately.  This is solo though.  BOGO probably would've been a different story.

Ours was $199 round trip for 2. It's *possible* I could have found something that cheap on my own, but I highly doubt it, and there's an opportunity cost for doing my own research and booking, so it was far cheaper for us to have NCL do the air. As you said, solo would be different.

2 hours ago, SomewhereGirl said:

It’s not unusual to get flights around 45 days out we had one flight show up at 30 days. It is so much cheaper for us to use NCL it’s worth the little annoyances 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SomewhereGirl said:

I have added air as a solo for two cruises next year. They gave me half off for the BOGO.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Zippeedee said:

I have added air as a solo for two cruises next year. They gave me half off for the BOGO.

Yes I did get my airfare for half off so it's $100 round trip and if I booked a roundtrip separately today it would be $144.  So for a couple that would be $200 vs $288 for my route.  It all depends on the route.

I just thought with so few ships sailing in the next 60 days that the air would have been ticketed more quickly but maybe that department isn't staffed at this point like it would be if all ships were sailing.  I would also think that they would ticket by sailing date but if people on later sailings have already been ticketed then I just don't know.  🤷‍♀️

15 minutes ago, SomewhereGirl said:

Yes I did get my airfare for half off so it's $100 round trip and if I booked a roundtrip separately today it would be $144.  So for a couple that would be $200 vs $288 for my route.  It all depends on the route.

I just thought with so few ships sailing in the next 60 days that the air would have been ticketed more quickly but maybe that department isn't staffed at this point like it would be if all ships were sailing.  I would also think that they would ticket by sailing date but if people on later sailings have already been ticketed then I just don't know.  🤷‍♀️

There are way too many unknowns these days to make any assumptions about how things should be. I get what you’re saying, but for now, forget anything about “I would think X right now.” Too many variables, lawsuits, etc. It’s all going to be somewhat unpredictable for the next few months or so. Just hang on. 😊 

• Like 1

We are 136 days out and just received word that our flights have changed (from Kim) small change and to the better! 2 hour layover in Amsterdam versus 1..and gives seat selection for a fee ..also remember checked baggage will be extra..I had guessed AA from flight itinerary given by ncl but happier with KLM..Orlando to Amsterdam /Amsterdam Rome decent times too!

4 minutes ago, Hadacareer said:

We are 136 days out and just received word that our flights have changed (from Kim) small change and to the better! 2 hour layover in Amsterdam versus 1..and gives seat selection for a fee ..also remember checked baggage will be extra..I had guessed AA from flight itinerary given by ncl but happier with KLM..Orlando to Amsterdam /Amsterdam Rome decent times too!

Did you book your air using a NCL promo or did you book directly through NCL Air?  It's unusual for NCL to reach out regarding flights if you have booked with the promo.

At 136 days out and not to final payment yet, your flights are not actually ticketed so could still change, for better or worse.  As to baggage fees, most international flights from the US include at least 1 checked bag, KLM included (except light air).

Hopefully you will get the flights you want.  Airlines are scrambling now to ramp back up to pre-covid levels so lots of cancellations and schedule changes.

My late January cruise has tentative flight info but the info for my October cruise has disappeared.

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

Did you book your air using a NCL promo or did you book directly through NCL Air?  It's unusual for NCL to reach out regarding flights if you have booked with the promo.

At 136 days out and not to final payment yet, your flights are not actually ticketed so could still change, for better or worse.  As to baggage fees, most international flights from the US include at least 1 checked bag, KLM included (except light air).

Hopefully you will get the flights you want.  Airlines are scrambling now to ramp back up to pre-covid levels so lots of cancellations and schedule changes.

My late January cruise has tentative flight info but the info for my October cruise has disappeared.

Using the promo Bogo and it was klm that reached out about luggage good to know 

I would like to do a 2 day pre-cruise deviation for my Hawaiian cruise - Fly from New York to Hawaii, but instead of flying back to New York at the end of the cruise, fly to Las Vegas to meet up with friends. Has anyone been able to use NCL BOGO airfare with 2 different airports?

2 hours ago, julig22 said:

It does on list hand luggage and accessory no checked baggage and also says no option to buy extra checked for that flight

2 hours ago, DPJAF said:

I would like to do a 2 day pre-cruise deviation for my Hawaiian cruise - Fly from New York to Hawaii, but instead of flying back to New York at the end of the cruise, fly to Las Vegas to meet up with friends. Has anyone been able to use NCL BOGO airfare with 2 different airports?

Yes, they will just charge half of the "sale" price for each airport.  But it's one of those things where you have to get a rep that knows how it works - I've been told no before and had to get a supervisor involved.  But I've done it a few times.