Seattle Pier for HAL Cruises to Alaska in August, 2021?

Smokeyham

Hi,

We are looking to book a parking spot at the pier while we are on our HAL Alaska cruise in August, 2021.  Can anyone advise if HAL ships will still be going out of Pier 91?  This is the pier recommended by Cruise Seattle Parking for HAL.   https://cruiseseattleparking.com/#/home.

Many thanks,

Port of Seattle published schedule is linked below for the June 16 version. It is best to visit the cruise  page of the Seattle port for an updated file between now and August.

https://www.portseattle.org/maritime/cruise

https://www.portseattle.org/sites/default/files/2021-06/2021 Sailing Schedule Updated 6.16.21_0.pdf

1 minute ago, Cruise4food said:

Port of Seattle published schedule is linked below for the June 16 version. It is best to visit the cruise  page of the Seattle port for an updated file between now and August.

https://www.portseattle.org/maritime/cruise

https://www.portseattle.org/sites/default/files/2021-06/2021 Sailing Schedule Updated 6.16.21_0.pdf

Thank you!  That is very helpful.  I have bookmarked the site.  For now, it looks like it will still be Pier 91.

48 minutes ago, Smokeyham said:

Hi,

We are looking to book a parking spot at the pier while we are on our HAL Alaska cruise in August, 2021.  Can anyone advise if HAL ships will still be going out of Pier 91?  This is the pier recommended by Cruise Seattle Parking for HAL.   https://cruiseseattleparking.com/#/home.

Many thanks,

Yes, HAL is, and has always been, home ported in Seattle at Smith Cove Cruise Terminal aka Pier 91 and gets the west berth (Princess is usually there simultaneously and gets the east berth). NCL gets the downtown berth known as pier 66. There is plenty (or plentong as the Indonesians like to say 😉 ) parking available there and, once you park and secure the family phaeton, you have the option to "hoof" it (using your own mark one horsepower) to the terminal building or go in style and pick up a shuttle 😉 

Cruise Terminal Map Pier 91 | Port of Seattle

Parking Information - Cruise Terminals of America

For crew of 2,100-passenger cruise ship, frenetic 'turnaround day' in  Seattle starts and ends the journey | The Seattle Times

Seattle Cruise Port Terminal Pier 91 (Smith Cove) Boarding Cruise Ship to  Alaska (4K) - YouTube

Port of Seattle Cruise Terminal Info, What You Need to Know

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@Copper10-8, curious when the pic of the taxis and Eurodam was taken. When we were there in June 2019, the taxi lines were in front of the Terminal, well organized, but we were there on a Monday, with only a single ship (Amsterdam). I guess they could need a bigger line on a weekend with two ships.

Good morning, almost afternoon, from a very warm (dare I say hot) Pacific Northwest!

We've sailed from Seattel for years and we use the Seattle Cruise Park at the Armory. They are very accomodating and their rates are good! There is a shuttle to the port and they give you a business card for  when you return so you have contact info if needed. My husband is unsteady on his feet and needs assistance and the drivers have been excellent. They get him seated, help me hail the wheelchair person and make him feel taken care of. I'd highly recommend them. We'll be parking there in August and September! 

Karen

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

@Copper10-8, curious when the pic of the taxis and Eurodam was taken. When we were there in June 2019, the taxi lines were in front of the Terminal, well organized, but we were there on a Monday, with only a single ship (Amsterdam). I guess they could need a bigger line on a weekend with two ships.

Morning Bruce! That pic came from a Seattle Times article from Aug 2018 as Shipwalker has also posted. When I was last in Seattle with Oosterdam in 2017, pic #4 was the way taxis were routed southbound, then around the concrete barriers (pic #5) and to their pickup locations facing north again. The line of nine taxis visible in the newspaper article appears to be a bit of an "optical Aleutian"  because cars can not line up all the way along the starboard side of the ship since that's a secure area only accessible by port workers, contractors and crew going from, and going back to, their ship. That picture, btw, was taken early after Eurodam's arrival back in Seattle that day before disembarking pax were allowed off with the available taxis lined up ready to receive them.

Like many ports, Smith Cove uses two separate gangways, one for passengers (the tower visible in the same newspaper pic all the way in the back on the far left, which is hydraulically adjustable), and a second gangway that closely simulates a trek up to the summit of Mount Everest (when you're walking up with luggage 😉) for crew which is hauled into position (the gangway, not the crew members) by a crane. You can just make out that crew gangway in the same pic, just to the left of the yellow and black pole. 

Hope that all makes sense!

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1