Price Increase

Laszlo

1 minute ago, basor said:

The online booking never lets you book cruise only but gives you the price.....it does allow you to check no air so your booking will show the price of the cruise with no air but Olife.....we check the website to get an idea of pricing and then let our TA book everything - easy peasy.

It has been like this for years so not glitchy

I do the same. I have never ever booked cruise direct through a cruise line for reasons like this.

30 minutes ago, susiesan said:

How's this for unreasonable:

April 4, 2022 11 night Riviera. I booked June 30 in outside cat C for $2899 pp cruise only. On O web site they are selling it for $4199 cruise only. The online TA's show it as $2899. Why would anyone book direct with Oceania and pay 30% more?

Wrong!  $4199 is O Life with air. Cruise only s $2899 - just like your booking.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, susiesan said:

I tried to go through the booking process and it may read $2899 cruise only on the price page but that does not come up when I tried to do a dummy booking. Perhaps the online booking is being glitchy.

Today someone posted on our roll call that they were having trouble booking online due to website issues. I suggested they post their request for help here on the main Oceania forum where we have the benefit of several seasoned and helpful CC members.

So, yes, perhaps the website is glitchy. 

57 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Today someone posted on our roll call that they were having trouble booking online due to website issues. I suggested they post their request for help here on the main Oceania forum where we have the benefit of several seasoned and helpful CC members.

Traditionally the website is down for several hours every Saturday night.....there was no glitch for the issue she was talking about....

1 hour ago, PhD-iva said:

Saturday - website maintenance day.

15 minutes ago, Roccaforte said:

Our February 2022 Riviera cruise in a PH2 has gone up $100 per person.  Glad I booked last month.  Doesn’t seem like too much but still better for me😁.

Even on the shortest (7 day) Riviera cruise in February 2022, that’s only a <2.5% price hike.

This is a very interesting thread and caused me to check on the effect of the July 1 price increase on our booked cruises.

The brochure fare for our 10 day Miami - Miami cruise in March has gone down $300 pp. Yet when you factor in the applicable early booking discounts and the decreased air allowance, the net effect is actually an increase of $50 pp. Nice bit of marketing when a cheaper price can actually be worse.

Edited by Robjame
  • Haha 1