Marella and Scottish Ports

2 hours ago, Jayneykul said:

We have been allocated a “sunset” balcony on the back we love those cabins on celebrity so hoping this will be the same no boarding time though

Maybe we won’t get our cabin allocation until we arrive at the port. That’s ok but I would really like to know what time to arrive. 

Just now, sandancer said:

Maybe we won’t get our cabin allocation until we arrive at the port. That’s ok but I would really like to know what time to arrive. 

Just a thought, and forgive me if I am stating the obvious, but have you logged onto the online check in page to see if it is shown there?  

https://www.marellacruisecontrol.tui.co.uk/

2 hours ago, sandancer said:

FYI. Just heard from TA. Boarding starts at 3pm. So if anyone was hoping for lunch ?????  

I hope they are misinformed, as I have a boarding time of 1pm 🧐

54 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Just watching the sail away now. 1hr 15mins late. I don’t suppose anyone onboard cares much about that. It’s a lovely evening. River is like a millpond. 

Yes, went down to see it, good to see I will have the sun on my side of the ship when we set sail on Tuesday 🙂 

Edited by davemorton

I’m sure they are staggering the check in times given current conditions. 
Given that we are a late booking and no history with Marella, we are probably way down the list. I don’t care about the lunch, we usually don’t bother. I just want to get on a ship. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

This is obviously just a shake down cruise really hope all goes well for them. Noted they went up river prior to open water. Fingers crossed 🤞 

What I dont understand is why is there a days gap between this sailing returning, and the next one going.  

3 minutes ago, davemorton said:

What I dont understand is why is there a days gap between this sailing returning, and the next one going.  

Deep cleaning? They won’t want to take any chances for these first cruises.
Were you at the Customs House?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandancer said:

Deep cleaning? They won’t want to take any chances for these first cruises.
Were you at the Customs House?

I first went to the beach at S/Shields, but when I heard it was delayed until 7, I went to the Customs house.  I think I did spot you, but you were one of two people.  Either had a BMW jacket on, or sitting on the bonnet of your car with your better half (red or blue, cant remember, my memory is shot). 🙂 

Edited by davemorton

2 minutes ago, davemorton said:

I first went to the beach at S/Shields, but when I heard it was delayed until 7, I went to the Customs house.  I think I did spot you, but you were one of two people.  Either had a BMW jacket on, or sitting on the bonnet of your car with your better half (red or blue, cant remember, my memory is shot). 🙂 

Red car. Straight from work so in work uniform with NHS Lanyard. 

12 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Red car. Straight from work so in work uniform with NHS Lanyard. 

Ahh, yes.  Glad I didnt go and say hi to the bloke in the BMW jacket. 😄

I was standing on the corner to your right with the older woman (my mother who I am taking away with me)  Also an NHS worker for 30ish years, but cant get any blue light benefits as she foolishly opted out of the pension as just relied on my dads.  Hey ho, it was how things were in those days. 🙂 

Edited by davemorton

10 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

This is obviously just a shake down cruise really hope all goes well for them. Noted they went up river prior to open water. Fingers crossed 🤞 

All the cruise ships do that, either at arrival or departure, I imagine the state of the tide plays a part too. The river is wider upstream giving enough room to turn around using the thrusters. Azura did it when she left a few days ago.

4 minutes ago, Jayneykul said:

How did you get your boarding times please? We don’t have 1 and parking info?

I printed mine off using the link I posted above.  I dont think they have communicated this that well to people. 

15 minutes ago, sandancer said:

We have nothing other than our travel agents confirmation. They said it was 15.00. Still don’t have cabin number or any joining instructions. Tried live chat but no luck there either. 

Might be worth sending them a direct message on the book of faces, I have heard of people getting replies from there.  They are probably just trying to work out your upgrade 😉 

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

No involvement with the book of faces. 
I will call TA in the morning. 

Fully understand your concerns, and its easy for me to say, but don't worry if you have no luck with you TA just aim to arrive for early check-in you can always wait, parking I believe is OK but when I booked we had an allocated arrival time and they have transport from the parking, apparently you drop your luggage off then park up but I am not certain as our cruise was cancelled so we have never been from Newcastle.