world cruise 2022 tale of tales

poodle664

Not merged.  This thread is titled WC 2022 tale of tales and was started by Poodle664, now has 99+ replies.  I can only get on by clicking on H of HappyLadyTraveler and selecting one of her replies to this thread.  The other thread I get to by Home-Categories-ROLL CALLS-Silversea Cruise Line Roll Calls-Silver Whisper=Silver Whisper 2022 World Cruise, started by Silver Specter and has only 41 replies.  

On 11/6/2021 at 9:24 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

duplicate "world cruise 2022 tale of tales" threads merged

8 minutes ago, HappyLadyTravels said:

My TA is advising that I must have a Yellow Fever vaccine for WC2022.  No over night stays planned in Africa, but will have day time tours.  Anyone else being advised that a Yellow Fever vaccine is required?  Thank you.

On the 2019 World Cruise we were required to have the Yellow Fever vaccine.   Because we were both over 65 that vaccine was not recommended for us.  Instead we got a certificate (attested by a travel medicine doctor) that we were contraindicated.   We had no issues with hassles with that certificate. 

On 11/11/2021 at 11:16 AM, DCCruiser57 said:

On the  SS facebook page a WCer posted that the HD called him and they discussed several issues - most importantly was that the revised/updated itinerary would be posted in 4-5 days.

Thursday next week is what I have heard.

Edited by Silver Spectre
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skyhoosier said:
On 11/12/2021 at 3:34 PM, mysty said:

On the 2019 World Cruise we were required to have the Yellow Fever vaccine.   Because we were both over 65 that vaccine was not recommended for us.  Instead we got a certificate (attested by a travel medicine doctor) that we were contraindicated.   We had no issues with hassles with that certificate. 

South America also requires Yellow Fever - Argentina, Brazil, Ecuador and Peru.  Guess I thought everyone had YF vaccine as many countries in the past required it and it is good for life.  

1 minute ago, skyhoosier said:

A bit more re-jigging on the WC Cape Town to Mahe and Mahe to Aqaba has just arrived. Now leaving Cape Town late on the 24th, an extra SA stop, 3 days in Zanzibar but stop in mainland Tanzania removed, Madagascar gone as previously announced and Praslin/La Digue added to this leg and removed from the Mahe to Aqaba one. One extra Saudi port added.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

A bit more re-jigging on the WC Cape Town to Mahe and Mahe to Aqaba has just arrived. Now leaving Cape Town late on the 24th, an extra SA stop, 3 days in Zanzibar but stop in mainland Tanzania removed, Madagascar gone as previously announced and Praslin/La Digue added to this leg and removed from the Mahe to Aqaba one. One extra Saudi port added.

Silver Spectre, what is the extra South African stop?

• 2 weeks later...

Strange that we are stopping first in Richards Bay and after in Durban, since we are heading north and Richards Bay is north of Durban, meaning we have to double back.  I suppose the port must have already been full and couldn't accommodate our date changes.  

14 minutes ago, HappyLadyTravels said:

Anyone else see the notice from Barbara M (Silversea) about delaying the final cruise payment for WC2022? 

FOR OUR GUESTS ON WORLD CRUISE 2022:
I just wanted to let you know that we are monitoring very carefully the news on the Omicron variant.
Still we remain fully committed to operate the WC 2022!
The team is working on the following:
  1. You will receive an email notifying you of an extension of the imminent final payment deadline
  2. The itinerary team is working on a plan C (guess it is C but lost count) skipping South Africa
  3. As soon as we have 2 you will receive a proposal to stay on the (third) version of the WC 2022
Hope this helps, please bear with us for a couple of days to work on the above (among everything else).
Happy sunday to all of you!
May be an image of text

16 minutes ago, HappyLadyTravels said:

Still hoping WC2022 will proceed.  Looks like many possible sea days. Anyone play Mah Jongg or dominos? In the past has Silversea offered Bridge classes? 

Bridge classes for beginner and intermediate level have always been on the WC and the most recent Bridge Director is scheduled to be onboard. BTW, have you heard anything about the delay to final payment or didn’t it materialise.

40 minutes ago, HappyLadyTravels said:

Hi Silver Spectre. I received notice that the final payment is due December 30, 2021. My luggage is due to be picked up December 28th. Happy to know about the bridge classes, assuming this cruise proceeds.

Wow that’s really late. In my mind there will either be major changes coming soon or it will get cancelled.

38 minutes ago, WesW said:

Mr. Silver; Silversea is planning to keep the WC as is, but has an optional voyage if needed.

Hope WC 2022 goes as is, but who knows in this Covid era. 

I imagine they'll be telling the booked guests what they alternate is so that they can make a decision as to whether they want to still go based on all the information?

• Like 1