world cruise 2022 tale of tales

poodle664

15 hours ago, turtlemichael said:

I imagine they'll be telling the booked guests what they alternate is so that they can make a decision as to whether they want to still go based on all the information?

I agree.  I can’t remember when, maybe last week or the week before, but Ms. Muckermann let folks know on Facebook that SS hoped to have a revised WC itinerary within a couple of days.  So, I would imagine it’ll be coming very, very soon.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

I agree.  I can’t remember when, maybe last week or the week before, but Ms. Muckermann let folks know on Facebook that SS hoped to have a revised WC itinerary within a couple of days.  So, I would imagine it’ll be coming very, very soon.

It was last Sunday. There is currently a request to BM to hurry up and let the WC’s know what the alternative arrangements are, and yes she did ask for a couple of days grace whilst they worked it out. It’s probably been held up by all the jollying on the Moon for the last couple of days. See @zqtchas on the other thread for more comments on the corporate jolly.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, skyhoosier said:

Have we lost the Dinner under the Stars at Petra on 30 March?  I don't remember it being removed but I can no longer find it on the special WC's events.  😢

I don't believe it was Petra, but Nambia.  And since they cancelled Nambia, we have lost that event.

Pages 35-36 along with photo

https://issuu.com/silversea/docs/07_wc2022_low_res_global

PETRA: DINING UNDER THE STARS Stars sparkling overhead, you’ll be treated to an exquisite dinner, light show and live music and entertainment as you gaze in awe at the dramatic rocks and statues of Petra lit up by torches in the black of night.

Just now, skyhoosier said:

Pages 35-36 along with photo

https://issuu.com/silversea/docs/07_wc2022_low_res_global

PETRA: DINING UNDER THE STARS Stars sparkling overhead, you’ll be treated to an exquisite dinner, light show and live music and entertainment as you gaze in awe at the dramatic rocks and statues of Petra lit up by torches in the black of night.

That is a World Cruise Collection tour that you pay for.  World Cruise Events are complimentary.

Yes.  I uploaded both my husband's and mine; his came back accepted and mine was rejected.  The next step is to go after 24 hours to the link they provide to get the mobility pass with a QR code.  I find no QR code or mobility pass.  Maybe it needs more than 24 hours?

14 hours ago, skyhoosier said:

Yes.  I uploaded both my husband's and mine; his came back accepted and mine was rejected.  The next step is to go after 24 hours to the link they provide to get the mobility pass with a QR code.  I find no QR code or mobility pass.  Maybe it needs more than 24 hours?

I applied for the mobility pass this week and I received the acceptance letter in three days.  They said to wait until the next day for the QR code and it appeared just as they said.  I printed out two copies and also have it saved on my phone.  We do not leave for Santiago until February, but I like to  be ahead of the game, given some of the problems others have had.

I tried in 24 and 48 hours for my husbands with nothing and today it appeared!  Like you, I printed out 2 copies as well as sending it to phone.  Now to wait for them to look at my latest documents of proof to see if this time they can read the QR code.

On 12/20/2021 at 3:36 PM, skyhoosier said:

Have we lost the Dinner under the Stars at Petra on 30 March?  I don't remember it being removed but I can no longer find it on the special WC's events.  😢

I am glad someone else noticed that this one is gone gone gone…they took it out many weeks ago.  We had been to Petra before but were really looking forward to this evening event.  

On 12/29/2021 at 8:18 AM, skyhoosier said:

As were we, and I can't see why it should have been removed since they still have daytime Petra events  for sale.  We too have been but this would have been awesome.

We did cancel after the last delay in final payment.  We don’t want to be on a ship to nowhere.  Not all SS fault but they should have done the right thing and offered a full refund without Africa in the itinerary.  We will try again in 2024.  All the best!

I see that SS are keeping senior management away from the Whisper for the send off, and have banned non-critical visitors in the hope that the ‘bubble’ can be maintained Covid free. I do wonder whether they may still decide that segmenters are also be a risk too far and keep us off too.

• 3 weeks later...

Things are fine, only 3 positive passenger PCRs last time so the procedures are working.  Chile substituted panoramic bus tours for our excursions, keeping us in our own bubble and not allowing anyone off the buses or away from the authorized tours.  Most of the expedition team and entertainers had already quarantined prior to getting on last stop, so only those who hadn't, are isolating now. Weather was brilliantly sunny and warm yesterday but we are now getting further south so I hope they distribute the parkas soon!  All stops have had full provisioning so no one is running out of drinks or food!  As usual, the staff are beyond excellent.