Any luck with check-in for your cruise that's coming up?

kokopelli-az

We checked in yesterday for our August 1 Equinox. They must have released a lot of cruises at once. We were able to get the coveted noon boarding time but we are in a Celebrity Suite.

I read on another website that will go unnamed that our sailing is 70% full??? Not sure I believe that and I know this isn’t a completely reliable source… what are the current sailings at?

We also have a TA, but checked in ourselves. No luggage tags, not availabile to print

Edited by cangelmd

Just now, cangelmd said:

We checked in yesterday for our August 1 Equinox. They must have released a lot of cruises at once. We were able to get the coveted noon boarding time but we are in a Celebrity Suite.

I read on another website that will go unnamed that our sailing is 70% full??? Not sure I believe that and I know this isn’t a completely reliable source… what are the current sailings at?

The first Edge sailing was 40%.

On 7/4/2021 at 9:21 AM, JamieLogical said:

No one on the roll call for the 7/25 Equinox sailing is able to check in. In fact, we are playing a fun game right now where we are all taking bets on what date check-in will open. Today is my date in the pool, so fingers crossed!

Yesterday I was able to check in for Equinox Aug 15.
Surprised that 7/25 are not able to yet.

On 6/30/2021 at 2:55 PM, Reijo said:

I appreciate this topic.  We're on the 8/15 Equinox sailing and also unable to check in.  QUESTION.....is there an advantage to using your iPhone to check in over a desktop?  Is there a big difference.

I am on the same cruise. Was able to check in yesterday. Used the desktop not the app.

52 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

We also have a TA, but checked in ourselves. No luggage tags, not availabile to print

No luggage tags?  Can you order by mail?  Or does someone hand write them when you board?

7 minutes ago, zitsky said:

No luggage tags?  Can you order by mail?  Or does someone hand write them when you board?

I’m not in front of my computer, but I recall it was more not ready yet, check back. Did not see an option to order.

Also what I was able to print was only the actual Express Pass, not the old multi-page cruise contract that ended with the luggage tags. I guess they don’t want you reading those Terms and Conditions.

They DO want you to use the app and so they can scan the Express Pass - I just like paper copies.

40 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

I’m not in front of my computer, but I recall it was more not ready yet, check back. Did not see an option to order.

Also what I was able to print was only the actual Express Pass, not the old multi-page cruise contract that ended with the luggage tags. I guess they don’t want you reading those Terms and Conditions.

They DO want you to use the app and so they can scan the Express Pass - I just like paper copies.

For my NCL cruise I made a small binder with all the info.

I wish X would hurry up and get all the ships on the app.  But that costs money to update computer systems. 

17 hours ago, zitsky said:

We are checked in (Aug 8 Equinox) but at "view luggage tags" it says "pending, so come back later to print a copy".   Previously, we were always able to order the luggage tags mailed so I don't know at this point if you can actually request them to be mailed or have to "print a copy".  

And for anyone who does not actually have their luggage tags upon arrival at the pier, there are blank tags there to complete and put on your luggage.

34 minutes ago, kokopelli-az said:

We are checked in (Aug 8 Equinox) but at "view luggage tags" it says "pending, so come back later to print a copy".   Previously, we were always able to order the luggage tags mailed so I don't know at this point if you can actually request them to be mailed or have to "print a copy".  

And for anyone who does not actually have their luggage tags upon arrival at the pier, there are blank tags there to complete and put on your luggage.

I have never sailed Celebrity, but I know when I sailed NCL that if you forgot your luggage tags, the porters had blank ones and magic markers to write your room number. So as long as you know your room number, you should be okay.

The check-in button finally showed up today (Jul 9) on the App. (Equinox Aug 8 sailing).  I already checked in via the Celebrity website on Jul 7 and at that time, up until today, there was no way to check in on the App.   It appears you may be able to check in a little earlier using their website.