westiegirl

Westiegirl

We are booked on a cruise to Australia/New Zealand on the Statendam in November for our 4oth Anniversary. We have never sailed with HAL before and would be grateful if any of you experienced cruisers could answer a couple of questions for me. I have been told that the Lido Restaurant closes at 7-30, is this correct. Also is it ok to cancel our booking in the Rotterdam restaurant any evening if we want to. Thank you , I have looked back to see if these questions have been asked before but could not find them. Sorry if these are obvious, but are so new to this. :confused:

We never visited the Lido in the evening, so I can't answer that question. I'm sure someone will be along soon who can.

Yes, you may elect to not have dinner in the dining room anytime you wish. It's always good, though, to either drop by and let the Maitre d' know, or tell one of your tablemates so they won't wait for you to arrive.

Hi Westie,

I believe the Lido closes around 7:30. The hours it is open for dinner is not very long.

By any chance is "Westie" for one of those adorable dogs? :)

From all the daily programs from various cruise ships that I have, the Lido closes on most of them at 8:30 for dinner. A couple say 8. So check your daily program.

Anytime we are not going to be dining in the dining room because we have reservations for the Pinnacle, we always tell our waiter and his assistant - usually the night before.

thank you for your help. yes we would of course cancel the booking first. Just wanted to know in case.

It isn't that you formally have a reservation for Rotterdam Dining Room.

Every passenger is assigned to a table and a dining time. That 'assignment' is for each night of your cruise.

If you elect to go to Pinnacle and you know in advance you will not be coming to the dining room the following night, it is nice to tell your tablemates and stewards so they do not wait for you to arrive.

If, at the last minute, you decide you wish to go to Lido for dinner. You do not have to 'formally' cancel any reservation for the dining room. There would be no issue if you simply go to Lido or have Room Service or whatever and do not appear in the dining room. That would be a case of .......you wouldn't have known in advance you would not be in the dining room.

Don't worry about it. Courtesy, of course, when possible and practical.......if not, no problem.

thanks, I know what we are doing now, didnt want to put anyone out. We are looking forward to our cruise so much. November is a long way away though. The long flight from uk is not quite such a treat though !! Thank you all again for your prompt replies.

Archived