Electrical outlets for cpap on Norwegian Encore

Aquadesiac

Hi! The last time we sailed Norwegian was in 2013 and we weren't cpap users then. Now both the DH and I get the joy of those nightly torture devices and finding an outlet to plug them into on both sides of the bed in a lowly balcony cabin is good trick. When we went on a world cruise in 2018 on the Pacific Princess, we discovered there was a european outlet under the head of the bed. We were able to use a converter and run our cpap cords under the bed instead of stringing them across the cabin where they pose a trip hazard.

Does anyone know if there is a similar hidden gem of an outlet on the Norwegian Encore? We're heading for Alaska in September along with my octogenarian parents who also use Cpaps. How do you handle the issue? Are those tiny looking bedside tables adequate to set a cpap on? 

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Aquadesiac said:

Hi! The last time we sailed Norwegian was in 2013 and we weren't cpap users then. Now both the DH and I get the joy of those nightly torture devices and finding an outlet to plug them into on both sides of the bed in a lowly balcony cabin is good trick. When we went on a world cruise in 2018 on the Pacific Princess, we discovered there was a european outlet under the head of the bed. We were able to use a converter and run our cpap cords under the bed instead of stringing them across the cabin where they pose a trip hazard.

Does anyone know if there is a similar hidden gem of an outlet on the Norwegian Encore? We're heading for Alaska in September along with my octogenarian parents who also use Cpaps. How do you handle the issue? Are those tiny looking bedside tables adequate to set a cpap on? 

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! 

Unfortunately not. In a standard room, the only outlets are on the desktop across the sofa,,, nowhere near the bedside. The exact distance will vary based on room configuration. The pictures below show the three US outlets (and one European outlet) closer to the balcony door,,,, far away from the left nightstand. 

We use CPAPs and carry three light weight extension cords (15', 12' and 6') to accommodate any NCL room configuration. If you need distilled water, contact the NCL Access Desk (link below) and request it. About 90% of the time, the water is not delivered per request, so call your room steward to get a bottle. When we sail, it is humid enough and we leave our humidifiers at home (one less thing to deal with).

https://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising

Norwegian Encore 

image.png.e43c7b7c40ae866f4e4830553da4f3d6.png

image.png.6eb73720e781c233ae3471068f8b978c.png

image.png.1a24f441a4f06e629ec4effcb15d141c.png

Not a CPAP user, but have travelled with one... Get some magnetic hooks to string your extension cord at ceiling height.  It will look weird but you won't trip in the dark trying to get to the bathroom.  

• Like 1

In addition to bringing your own extension cord(s) and/or getting one "loaned, if a available) from Guest Services - since you need to connect 2 CPAP ... I recommend getting and packing 1 or 2 of these (by GE) 3-prong Power Tap wall cube, UL-listed and 15 amp rated at the bedside table (yes, they are fine & steady to put CPAP on it). 

It is light & compact, runs cool under load, and ideal for ship's power outlet; and, it has no surge protection circuit. Each cube (grey color on the right side) safely provides 3 power tap

You will find them on Amazon (link) https://smile.amazon.com/GE-3-Prong-Extra-Wide-Grounded-47038/dp/B07ZK64JL1 and I suggest getting a 5 pack, under $13 w taxes shipped (Prime) free. Home Depot has similar ones to pickup in person, priced higher 🤔  I use these for our digital electronics & smart home applications, with one of the free tap for a multi-port USB QC3.0 charger. 

PXL_20210630_203725159.jpg

Edited by mking8288