Luggage Tags Now Have "Platinum"

Lee Cruiser

I just pulled up my booking information for September using the direct link from another post and noticed that my luggage tags now have "PLATINUM" on them.  It doesn't say "Priority" as they did before, but at least they have added something back on there.  When he was talking about the VIFP gift, John Heald said today that they were going to try to provide expedited luggage.  Wasn't sure how that was going to happen without some distinction on the tags, but now I know.

Edited by Lee Cruiser
  • Like 2

That is interesting - thanks for mentioning that.  I had recently printed out our luggage tags for our cruise in 2 weeks, and neither "Platinum" nor "Priority" were on the luggage tags. I just logged back in and pulled up my docs/luggage tags again, and now it is there.  

1 hour ago, Lee Cruiser said:

I just pulled up my booking information for September using the direct link from another post and noticed that my luggage tags now have "PLATINUM" on them.  It doesn't say "Priority" as they did before, but at least they have added something back on there.  When he was talking about the VIFP gift, John Heald said today that they were going to try to provide expedited luggage.  Wasn't sure how that was going to happen without some distinction on the tags, but now I know.

Please post direct link here if you would be so kind...

5 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Please post direct link here if you would be so kind...

Where ###### is your booking number. Make sure you're logged into your Carnival account first. 

https://www.carnival.com/booked/document?BookingNumber=######&IsPrintLuggageTagsSelected=true&IsPrintPassFlightSelected=false&IsPrintCruiseInfoSelected=true

Edited by Wanna_Cruize
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Yes mine say Diamond for my August cruise.. However the date for the Health Assessment is now moved again back to 3 days before the cruise. It was 16 days out the same as the online check-in.

Having "Priority" on my luggage tags never seemed to make any noticable difference on the delivery times of my luggage. I am skeptical that saying "Platinum" on them will make any difference. 

The porters just load the bags on to the luggage carts with all the others and it makes it to my room when they get around to it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

Having "Priority" on my luggage tags never seemed to make any noticable difference on the delivery times of my luggage. I am skeptical that saying "Platinum" on them will make any difference. 

The porters just load the bags on to the luggage carts with all the others and it makes it to my room when they get around to it.

Totally agree. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stobe1 said:

Any time we had FTTF or since we turned Platinum,  the porters always put our luggage in a separate cart labeled Priority or something like that.  We always had our luggage before the ship sailed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

Any time we had FTTF or since we turned Platinum,  the porters always put our luggage in a separate cart labeled Priority or something like that.  We always had our luggage before the ship sailed.

Same here. The last several cruises they were at our room when we got back from lunch or shortly after. We were unpacked and able to have some rest before muster drill.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PittsburghGirlee said:

I'm confused.....I cruise on Aug 7th Mardi Gras and cannot access ANY of my docs????  How are you seeing and printing out Luggage Tags???  All of my options on My Cruise Manager for this cruise is grayed out and not available.

TIA

PG

We are sailing on the Horizon on 7/10/21, and check in and docs. were available 16 days prior to sailing and Health Assessment form 3 days prior to sailing.

Thinking it might be the same on your cruise.

24 minutes ago, PittsburghGirlee said:

I'm confused.....I cruise on Aug 7th Mardi Gras and cannot access ANY of my docs????  How are you seeing and printing out Luggage Tags???  All of my options on My Cruise Manager for this cruise is grayed out and not available.

TIA

PG

We are not accessing it from that page. You log in, but then use a direct link to access your documents. Wanna cruize explains it above. 

Edited by Lee Cruiser

I'm looking back at some old luggage tags (PDF's) that I have, some said PRIORITY, some said VIP. Could not find any that said "Diamond" - but that does show on all my old boarding docs.

The tags for our 8/7 Mardi Gras sailing just say PRIORITY. Perhaps it just denotes suite vs non-suite?

Oh well, tomayto - tomahto

Tom

12 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'm looking back at some old luggage tags (PDF's) that I have, some said PRIORITY, some said VIP. Could not find any that said "Diamond" - but that does show on all my old boarding docs.

The tags for our 8/7 Mardi Gras sailing just say PRIORITY. Perhaps it just denotes suite vs non-suite?

Oh well, tomayto - tomahto

Tom

That's interesting.  I wonder why they don't put diamond.  Though I'm guessing the "Priority" means just that for diamond guests, rightfully so, and then platinum may receive some expedited service.

2 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

That's interesting.  I wonder why they don't put diamond.  Though I'm guessing the "Priority" means just that for diamond guests, rightfully so, and then platinum may receive some expedited service.

If only it meant that they'd ignore the cases of beer and bottles of liquor in there - now THAT would be Priority! lol

(My smuggling days are over, btw)  😄

Tom

• Haha 1

My Sept Horizon cruise and my May Mardi Gras now both say PRIORITY in red. I have always found sense we became Platinum that our luggage has been delivered sooner and always before early dinner as we both like to dress even on first night. I know cruise casual is the first night theme. 

19 hours ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

Where ###### is your booking number. Make sure you're logged into your Carnival account first. 

https://www.carnival.com/booked/document?BookingNumber=######&IsPrintLuggageTagsSelected=true&IsPrintPassFlightSelected=false&IsPrintCruiseInfoSelected=true

thank you!!  i just printed up my "platinum"  (yeah!!!) luggage tags.  thanks again!!!

Just saw a FB group post that Carnival sent a letter to those diamond and platinum guests cruising soon asking them to reprint their luggage tags to make sure the words diamond or platinum were on there. They said this would assist with expedited luggage delivery!

• Like 1

How does this priority luggage stuff work, when my husband is Platinum, but I won’t be platinum until after my next cruise in July? Do they allow couples priority luggage and embarkation/debarkation together regardless of one’s status?  Thanks! 

19 minutes ago, June Bug said:

How does this priority luggage stuff work, when my husband is Platinum, but I won’t be platinum until after my next cruise in July? Do they allow couples priority luggage and embarkation/debarkation together regardless of one’s status?  Thanks! 

If you two are in the same cabin - then all the luggage going to that cabin will have equal priority - same for check-in.

Tom