Galley location on Marina

AlaskaNewbie68

Good morning, we are on Marina April 2023 (hopefully!) in an extended verandah B3 on deck 7. Trying to ascertain where the galley is (is it below us?)...May seem like an odd question, but my husband suffered strokes after an aortic dissection in 2015 and his olfactory senses were affected. Trying to avoid any possible food smells in the cabin. Thank you very much. 

Michele

3 hours ago, AlaskaNewbie68 said:

Good morning, we are on Marina April 2023 (hopefully!) in an extended verandah B3 on deck 7. Trying to ascertain where the galley is (is it below us?)...May seem like an odd question, but my husband suffered strokes after an aortic dissection in 2015 and his olfactory senses were affected. Trying to avoid any possible food smells in the cabin. Thank you very much. 

Michele

The aft B3 cabins are on deck 7 and are directly above the GDR dining room’s seating area (deck 6). 

Why not Google the deck plan?

26 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

The aft B3 cabins are on deck 7 and are directly above the GDR dining room’s seating area (deck 6). 

Why not Google the deck plan?

Thank you. I do have the deck plan, but I don't see the actual GALLEY location, just the DR.  I assume the galley is near the DR, just not sure where exactly. I thought maybe if someone had been on a galley tour they would know. Thanks, again. 

3 minutes ago, AlaskaNewbie68 said:

Thank you. I do have the deck plan, but I don't see the actual GALLEY location, just the DR.  I assume the galley is near the DR, just not sure where exactly. I thought maybe if someone had been on a galley tour they would know. Thanks, again. 

No such tours on O ships.

On Marina, the GDR Galley is forward of and below the GDR seating area.

I think the galley is  next to Jacques   there is  a door between Jacques & the aft elevators  though  I cannot say  about any smells  ... it is not an issue  so you tend not to remember

Never noticed  a smell on deck 7   we have been on the port side  7114  & a B4  further forward

Will it be an issue when dining ?

Inside  Red Ginger  & Jacques there may be smells from the kitchens  there  as they are in the  restaurant

Polo & Toscana share a galley

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

I think the galley is  next to Jacques   there is  a door between Jacques & the aft elevators  though  I cannot say  about any smells  ... it is not an issue  so you tend not to remember

Never noticed  a smell on deck 7   we have been on the port side  7114  & a B4  further forward

Will it be an issue when dining ?

Inside  Red Ginger  & Jacques there may be smells from the kitchens  there  as they are in the  restaurant

Polo & Toscana share a galley

Thank you! He has been fine when in restaurants (including Red Ginger) and when eating. The brain is a mystery for sure...it's amazing how one can recover from serious injury, yet still be left with these baffling after effects. 

1 minute ago, AlaskaNewbie68 said:

Thank you! He has been fine when in restaurants (including Red Ginger) and when eating. The brain is a mystery for sure...it's amazing how one can recover from serious injury, yet still be left with these baffling after effects. 

Yes how true

Good that you are able to continue travelling 

Enjoy

• Like 1