Aft Club Balcony Suite vs. Regular Aft Balcony Cabin on Breakaway

Dgoddess61

We are currently booked in Aft Club Balcony Suite on the Norwegian Breakaway.  We booked it June 25th and then the additional 2 points per night became available but NCL can't help me receive this offer unless I re-book and there are only 2 of these cabins on the entire ship, so to take advantage of additional points I'd have to move down to a regular Aft Balcony cabin.  I've been very happy with a Aft Balcony cabin on Breakaway on past cruise and if I rebook the next time I sail we would be platinum.  If I keep existing reservation I will be 1 point shy of Platinum.  Is the Club Suite worth loosing additional points, thoughts? (Photo is of our Aft Balcony on deck 9 from prior cruise)

DSC00170.JPG

I believe the only two Aft Club Balcony Suites are on Deck 10, right?  They are both wheelchair accessible.  If you don't require that cabin, I've heard they can 'bump' you if someone needs that type.

Other than that, Club Balcony just has a couple of slight perks that come with that category,.

• Like 1

if the points are important to you, i suggest you rebook to the one that will meet what you want.  there probably isnt much difference, but i think the cost for the regular aft balcony is less than the club.  all the club really is, is a renamed mini suite with a couple of extra perks.  if you plan on doing a lot of cruises now and into the future, may as well get to platinum as fast as possible. 

that being said, (and we are platinum +) the only real perk i use is the extra free bag of laundry, and the 15% off shore excursions. along with the $50 off, it saves some money. also the 2 additional dinnerts dont hurt

What is their reasoning for not letting you rebook in the cabin you are already in?  You will have to pay any difference in price, but it may be worth it. 

For the Breakaway, deck 9 has the deepest aft balconies. Deck 10 is towards the smaller end of the spectrum. So the additional space you get from an aft mini suite on deck 10 in width, you could lose in depth. 

I personally would get the extra points first and then consider the price of aft balcony vs aft mini suite. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sand and Seas said:

I believe the only two Aft Club Balcony Suites are on Deck 10, right?  They are both wheelchair accessible.  If you don't require that cabin, I've heard they can 'bump' you if someone needs that type.

Both M1s (10316/10916) are wheelchair accessible staterooms. By booking one when accessibility  isn't needed, the stateroom is not available to book by someone who actually needs one. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Both M1s (10316/10916) are wheelchair accessible staterooms. By booking one when accessibility  isn't needed, the stateroom is not available to book by someone who actually needs one. 

Just so you know my hubby is permanently disabled so even though not in a wheel chair having more space to maneuver helps, and we would qualify for use of this room.  We have re-booked to a regular Aft Cabin for the savings and extra latitude points leaving the M1 cabin available for someone else.

27 minutes ago, Dgoddess61 said:

Just so you know my hubby is permanently disabled so even though not in a wheel chair having more space to maneuver helps, and we would qualify for use of this room.

In that case, I would hope that an accessible aft-facing stateroom (9922/11914/12910/13908/14878) is available. They are larger than the standard aft-facing balcony staterooms and have larger bathrooms. 

27 minutes ago, Dgoddess61 said:

We have re-booked to a regular Aft Cabin for the savings and extra latitude points leaving the M1 cabin available for someone else.

You do still have the option of bidding on the M1. You have nothing to lose if you use the $800 you saved in the rebook. If you win, you get the stateroom that you originally booked and the points.  

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Thanks 1