Canadian Cruisers

Patches353

Just found this part of Cruise Critic and got excited to talk to other Canadian cruisers.

I have a cruise booked in Decembe as well as a sort of back to back in July/August of 2022.

Thank you for the link to the official Ontario vaccine proof.

I did read about how Carnival is saying that mixing Astra Zeneca with something else isn't acceptable.  I was thinking that showing just my second document shows that I am fully vaccinated and doesn't say that I got AZ as my first dose (I got Pfizer for my 2nd).

As many others I'm eager to hear what is opening on July 21st.

On 7/6/2021 at 8:04 PM, CruisingCanucksTwo said:

We just booked a cruise in mid-August!!!  We have checked with Carnival about requirements and have confirmed that our provincial certificate for 2 doses will suffice to get on the ship.  The latest health questionnaire from CCL has removed the question asking if you have travelled internationally in the last 14 days - instead it now asks if you have travelled outside USA or CANADA!!! Meaning cruise lines are considering Canadians 'in the bubble'.  (with CCL you have to be fully vaccinated.)

Thank you!!! this is exactly what we were wondering.   We are stressing at this very moment regarding our cruise in November.  Please keep us updated on your experience with your covid documents.  ENJOY!

The Canadian government is now opening up cruising in Canada as of Nov.1/2021!!  Now this is clearing too late for the cruise industry to sail into Canada, it is an improvement from the original February 2022 date.

It also it paves the way for the travel restriction against Canadians travelling on cruise ships - meaning our health/travel insurance would now cover Canadians travelling abroad on cruise ship.  With the winter travel season coming up for Canadians - it means we should soon be able to take all those cruises we've already booked (10 for us!) or were waiting to book.

This is big news and hopefully will be followed in the weeks/months ahead about the border opening to non-essential travelers.  Fingers crossed! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, kafraser78 said:

Thank you!!! this is exactly what we were wondering.   We are stressing at this very moment regarding our cruise in November.  Please keep us updated on your experience with your covid documents.  ENJOY!

Big news came out last night that will make you happy!  Jill and I hope to get a video out today to explain ALL the different things we are learning and going through trying to get on our August cruise and into the USA to do so....I'll let you know when it's up.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CruisingCanucksTwo said:

The Canadian government is now opening up cruising in Canada as of Nov.1/2021!!  Now this is clearing too late for the cruise industry to sail into Canada, it is an improvement from the original February 2022 date.

It also it paves the way for the travel restriction against Canadians travelling on cruise ships - meaning our health/travel insurance would now cover Canadians travelling abroad on cruise ship.  With the winter travel season coming up for Canadians - it means we should soon be able to take all those cruises we've already booked (10 for us!) or were waiting to book.

This is big news and hopefully will be followed in the weeks/months ahead about the border opening to non-essential travelers.  Fingers crossed! 

A really good news for Canadian cruisers !

4 hours ago, CruisingCanucksTwo said:

Big news came out last night that will make you happy!  Jill and I hope to get a video out today to explain ALL the different things we are learning and going through trying to get on our August cruise and into the USA to do so....I'll let you know when it's up.

Are you on youtube?  If so, what is your channel called?

Latest video up trying to sort out how we get to an August cruise.

Of course - just as we finish recording, there's new breaking that land-crossings could open up mid-August.  Follow along and we'll keep you updated as we hear the news and find out first hand what it takes to get on our cruise!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Going to the US is no problem. Coming home will be the kicker.

Not true. You currently can't drive to the US; it is not clear whether that prohibition will be lifted when fully vaccinated Americans are allowed into Canada, tentatively scheduled for mid-August. (I assume that it will, but that doesn't come from Trudeau.) As a Canadian, you can always get back in; the rules around quarantining have changed but right now if you are fully vaccinated you need a PCR test within 72 hours of ? (departure for flying, not exactly sure what the timing is if you are driving across the border) another test on arrival, and if that is negative you are done.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

Not true. You currently can't drive to the US; it is not clear whether that prohibition will be lifted when fully vaccinated Americans are allowed into Canada, tentatively scheduled for mid-August. (I assume that it will, but that doesn't come from Trudeau.) As a Canadian, you can always get back in; the rules around quarantining have changed but right now if you are fully vaccinated you need a PCR test within 72 hours of ? (departure for flying, not exactly sure what the timing is if you are driving across the border) another test on arrival, and if that is negative you are done.

Sorry, I was thinking flying to US as you only need an Antigen test.

Coming home to to Canada you can also use the Rapid ID NOW NAAT tests which are FREE at all Walgreens. Media only tells you PCR tests. Always check the govt website list:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying-canada-checklist/covid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada#getting-tested

Edited by ilovetotravel1977

Contrary to what I've posted , Canadians are protected/insured by Celebrity in case they test positive at the end of the cruise. I've been informed by another travel agent than mine. This is really good news for me upcoming cruise October 29th.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/ITK/Healthy_At_Sea_Policy_Cheat_Sheet_2.pdf

7 minutes ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Sorry, I was thinking flying to US as you only need an Antigen test.

Coming home to to Canada you can also use the Rapid ID NOW NAAT tests which are FREE at all Walgreens. Media only tells you PCR tests. Always check the govt website list:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying-canada-checklist/covid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada#getting-tested

Some cruise companies will offer these tests onboard at the end of the cruise ?

1 minute ago, netpj said:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

This is the link to the webpage which was updated today.  No indication they will lift the no cruise (level 4) advisory for Canadian cruisers by November.  That has implications for insurance in particular.

Well, I am guessing they wouldn't amend it until Oct 31 for cruise ban lifting Nov 1.

1 minute ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Possibly. But that is definitely something to find out ahead of time as it could impact which cruise you decide on. Someone told me Carnival is providing testing until the end of August.  Not sure about the rest.

Celebrity is also offering the test. I wouldn't want to go in a pharmacy to get tested. Too complicated.

Another thing to consider is if you are doing b2b (we are) out of the states, consider whether to disembark between cruises. You will required by the CDC to take another test before you will be allowed back on board. You have been out of the US.

2 hours ago, Robjame said:

Another thing to consider is if you are doing b2b (we are) out of the states, consider whether to disembark between cruises. You will required by the CDC to take another test before you will be allowed back on board. You have been out of the US.

Go check out ParoDeeJay on youtube. They are on the Horizon doing a B2B and have a video posted on the process.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Go check out ParoDeeJay on youtube. They are on the Horizon doing a B2B and have a video posted on the process.

Wow. Previously we had watched Alyssa and Griff  who were taken off the ship and reported on a B2B cruiser who had been removed as well. I thought that process was bad but Parodeejay's experience makes me reconsider our b2b.