Unassigned balcony cabin less than a month before sailing

julmops

Just now, julmops said:

We got what we paid for … BE category balcony but we are at the very aft of the ship on deck 15, which we are happy with 😉

Just waiting to be able to pick up an arrival time, for which we still get an error message on the app.

Cross posted, aft area is my favourite, so I would be happy with that.

I would be concerned about the error message.  I don’t get an error message, I get a pop up saying come back closer to sailing. 

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

No idea to be honest about priority boarding we have had big problems with the App and finally got it working and filled in all personal details. Check every day and it came up that we could book boarding times. Like I said dont know if that was only available earlier than others to us on Regal as Elite. We can now also book in advance dining times in MDR same time every night or different times for each night. Not sure if we will book that because we would like to see what entertainment is available each night and at what time before we commit to dining times.

Thank you, for reply, I’ll keep up the daily check to see if it is available.

Booked Club Class on this one so hoping that means I don’t have to worry about dining times. 

30 minutes ago, julmops said:

We got what we paid for … BE category balcony but we are at the very aft of the ship on deck 15, which we are happy with 😉

Just waiting to be able to pick up an arrival time, for which we still get an error message on the app.

Cabin assigned but like you also unable to select an arrival time.

We have been in contact with Princess by phone and webchat, and all they said was that an update to the App was coming so wait for that ... well that finally came along today ... app updated and we still get the same error so no help there.

Contacted Princess again - Rochelle said they would send our query onto the US ... so I wont hold my breath!

Edited by castlebello
rubbish typing!

4 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

I’ve been checking every day for the 30th August sailing on the Sky,  do they have to load the cruises to the system? I guess they could be adding all of the Regals cruises before loading Sky. 

We are also on this one, first time on princess and first time in a suite so really looking forward to it.

7 hours ago, caribill said:

The Medallion does not have the cabin number programmed on it, so its mailing does not depend on when a cabin is assigned.

Why wouldn’t it?  It only opens your own door. It has to be programmed for that particular passenger. 

1 hour ago, RRFan said:

Why wouldn’t it?  It only opens your own door. It has to be programmed for that particular passenger. 

The Medallion only has a reference number that is assigned to you. 

On board sensors read that reference number communicating it to on board computers which know which cabin you are in and allows your door to be unlocked.

If you are on a B2B in different cabins for each segment, you do not need a new Medallion for the second segment as all they do is change what cabin you are in in the computer.

Similarly, when you enter or leave the ship, the Medallion does not have your photo, but the sensor the crew uses to check you on or off the ship communicates with the ship's computer which then sends your photo to the staff member.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, caribill said:

The Medallion does not have the cabin number programmed on it, so its mailing does not depend on when a cabin is assigned.

That makes sense too. With all of the problems with the app, I thought that might be giving their IT Dept too much credit 🤣