Unassigned balcony cabin less than a month before sailing

julmops

Hi all,

we are booked on 3rd August sailing on Regal from Southampton and we have a BE balcony but still remains unassigned with less than a month to go … anyone else experiencing this issue ?

many thanks !
julmops

2 minutes ago, julmops said:

Hi all,

we are booked on 3rd August sailing on Regal from Southampton and we have a BE balcony but still remains unassigned with less than a month to go … anyone else experiencing this issue ?

many thanks !
julmops

It’s not really an issue, guarantee bookings can be assigned a stateroom at the port.  I believe Princess do intend to assign rooms at least a week before sailing on the UK Seacations. 
Sister company P&O are doing the same, I got my room details with them about a fortnight before sailing.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

guarantee bookings can be assigned a stateroom at the port

In actual fact,  @julmops should see the cabin assignment appear in the Cruise Personalizer and the MC App before arriving at the port.  Some people think this is what happens if they don't login and check their booking close to departure date.  I'd keep an eye on it because, once a cabin is assigned, you might see another one in the same category available that you might prefer to switch to.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, julmops said:

Hi all,

many thanks !
julmops

We are sailing a couple of weeks later than you, and can't wait to see where they've put us! That was the only hesitation about booking that you couldn't actually pick a cabin. Oh well, at least we get to cruise and determined to enjoy every minute, regardless of where we rest our head. We are fortunate to have had such a grand selection of cruise lines sailing from the UK, even if we are all on a bit of a lucky dip! 

Please post again once you get your cabin assigned, and Good luck! 😬

In the past cabin assignments have shown up withinb minutes to booking to as late as the 24 hours before the cruise.

In most cases the assignments are made in the week before the cruise.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, julmops said:

Thanks all for your answers ! Princess definitely works differently from other cruise lines but it’s a first for us so patience is the key word 😉 

We are on a Royal Caribbean cruise scheduled to sail in about 30 days and have a guarantee cabin with NO assignment.  I am sure it will come when things settle down.  With cruise ships sailing at a limited capacity, I am thinking cabin juggling might have something to do with it this year.  It is just not Princess.

2 hours ago, Italy52 said:

We are on a Royal Caribbean cruise scheduled to sail in about 30 days and have a guarantee cabin with NO assignment.  I am sure it will come when things settle down.  With cruise ships sailing at a limited capacity, I am thinking cabin juggling might have something to do with it this year.  It is just not Princess.

No limited capacity on the seacations anymore, Princess are now selling the insides too

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, antsp said:

No limited capacity on the seacations anymore, Princess are now selling the insides too

Princess are sailing at reduced capacity on sailings until end of 2021, the reply they posted regarding this 

Princess Cruises

Mike, all of our sailings through 2021 will have reduced capacity. We are still offering cabin accommodations from inside through suites so that all price points are available, just not at full capacity within each category.
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

Princess are sailing at reduced capacity on sailings until end of 2021, the reply they posted regarding this 

Princess Cruises

Mike, all of our sailings through 2021 will have reduced capacity. We are still offering cabin accommodations from inside through suites so that all price points are available, just not at full capacity within each category.

I didn't think that things had changed.  We also have a reservation on Princess for August 2021 and although we have an assigned cabin, we are still not able to print out luggage tags leaving me to believe that perhaps there might be a possibility of some last minute shuffling of cabins due to reduced capacity sailing.  Thanks for reconfirming what I thought about capacity.

On 7/6/2021 at 8:51 AM, julmops said:

Hi all,

many thanks !
julmops

Our experience with guarantees is they don’t get assigned until one or two weeks before sailing. If you want your medallion mailed, obviously they have to program the medallion for your assigned cabin so I’m thinking you’ll get it during that time frame.  Keep watching the Personalizer or the app. It will just suddenly be there one day. Im always antsy to see where they put us too. We usually pick our cabin unless it’s a last minute booking and have to let them.  

1 hour ago, RRFan said:

If you want your medallion mailed, obviously they have to program the medallion for your assigned cabin so I’m thinking you’ll get it during that time frame.

The Medallion does not have the cabin number programmed on it, so its mailing does not depend on when a cabin is assigned.

• Like 1

We had our cabin assigned for 31st July sea action during Sunday’s football and advise by email! At least I was  more excited than my husband was with the football result! As for arrival group, I think was was available about a week previous to that. We picked Group A 11.15 to 11.45 a.m. and all we need now is to pick up our medallion when we arrive in Southampton at check in as it is not posted to us who are U.K. sailings. Luggage labels showed our cabin number also once we had our email.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Stokie33 said:

Just wondering how far in advance of a seacation as anyone been able to sort a check in time as ours still isn't available 

We are going on Regal on 9th September and we have managed to book our check in times on the App 2 days ago. Dont know if it was allowed earlier than others because we are Elite or not but it just suddenly appeared so keep checking App.

10 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

We are going on Regal on 9th September and we have managed to book our check in times on the App 2 days ago. Dont know if it was allowed earlier than others because we are Elite or not but it just suddenly appeared so keep checking App.

Majortom 10, is there no priority boarding for the Seacations?  I am confused as I don’t recall them saying there wasn’t, I understand about having to book arrival group through the app, but thought there might be a Priority option, it seems not.

I’ve been checking every day for the 30th August sailing on the Sky,  do they have to load the cruises to the system? I guess they could be adding all of the Regals cruises before loading Sky. 

1 hour ago, Pink-belle said:

Majortom 10, is there no priority boarding for the Seacations?  I am confused as I don’t recall them saying there wasn’t, I understand about having to book arrival group through the app, but thought there might be a Priority option, it seems not.

I’ve been checking every day for the 30th August sailing on the Sky,  do they have to load the cruises to the system? I guess they could be adding all of the Regals cruises before loading Sky. 

No idea to be honest about priority boarding we have had big problems with the App and finally got it working and filled in all personal details. Check every day and it came up that we could book boarding times. Like I said dont know if that was only available earlier than others to us on Regal as Elite. We can now also book in advance dining times in MDR same time every night or different times for each night. Not sure if we will book that because we would like to see what entertainment is available each night and at what time before we commit to dining times.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, julmops said:

Stateroom been assigned this morning 😉 

Brilliant! Are you happy with your assignment?

Not long for us hopefully.🤞 We sail mid August. Can't wait. 

Do let us know how everything is once you are onboard.

3 minutes ago, alpha whiskey said:

Brilliant! Are you happy with your assignment?

Not long for us hopefully.🤞 We sail mid August. Can't wait. 

Do let us know how everything is once you are onboard.

We got what we paid for … BE category balcony but we are at the very aft of the ship on deck 15, which we are happy with 😉

Just waiting to be able to pick up an arrival time, for which we still get an error message on the app.

• Like 1