Refundable Deposit for RCC

latebuyer

Has anyone experienced not being able to get a reasonable refundable deposit fare on an rcc cruise for a solo rate? They are quoting me the cost of 2 people for the refundable rate when i ask for a quote. The customer services representative says it may be too far in advance (dec 22). Yet i was able to book a refundable at a decent cost for an april 22 cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 1:29 PM, christinand said:

Has anyone experienced not being able to get a reasonable refundable deposit fare on an rcc cruise for a solo rate? They are quoting me the cost of 2 people for the refundable rate when i ask for a quote. The customer services representative says it may be too far in advance (dec 22). Yet i was able to book a refundable at a decent cost for an april 22 cruise.

I'm not sure I understand your question.... the normal price for a solo is the same as the rate for two people.

If you want a refundable rate, you could try booking through a travel agent who may have access to group rates that are fully refundable up until the final payment due date.

When booking under a group rate, you have to pay the "two person" deposit amount up front (for example, $500 on a weeklong cruise), whereas if you're booking a regular rate you can pay the deposit for only one person ($250 for a 7-day).

Thank you. What i have looked at are solo cabins on radiance ships. The non refundable is around 1200 and the refundable is 2900. Something just doesn’t seem right. Yet i know have booked a cabin at a decent refundable price before.

I was told the reason why the refundable rate is so high is that there are only 3 solo cabins on the ship so they can charge a premium. I was thinking of eventually booking as a refundable and then changing it to non refundable when there is only one of the rooms left. Is there any drawbacks to doing this except you don't know if the non refundable rates will go up?

4 hours ago, christinand said:

I was told the reason why the refundable rate is so high is that there are only 3 solo cabins on the ship so they can charge a premium. I was thinking of eventually booking as a refundable and then changing it to non refundable when there is only one of the rooms left. Is there any drawbacks to doing this except you don't know if the non refundable rates will go up?

As the rooms get booked, the non-refundable rates will surely go up.

I often find that the double "single supplement" fare on a regular inside is less than the single person fare on a solo room... especially since my TA is likely to have a group rate available, which then automatically makes it a refundable fare, too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/2/2021 at 9:49 PM, christinand said:

Thanks, yes i don’t like the sept 30/22 sail by date. I’m hoping they get complaints and change that.

The dates have been changed recently:

Book by 10/31/21, new cruise booked by 4/30/22, good for cruises through 12/31/22.  What I do is just move the cruise and money to a new cruise and don't mess with a future cruise credit. I've done this multiple times in the past year.

So, technically if you book by 10/31/21 you don't lose any money if you cancel or change your cruise.  They are also allowing refunds instead of FCC's too, from what I've read.

I don't book "solo" cabins on RCCL, as they are smaller.  I book any cabin I can afford at a solo rate.  Caveat:  I get a Crown and Anchor discount because of my loyalty level.  

I now have inside virtual balcony, ocean view, spacious balcony, junior suite cabins booked.