Resort for a day?

Karen Lynn

Assuming (hoping?) that Grand Cayman might open to cruise passengers by December 21 , are there any resorts that offer day passes to those passengers?
I have found Holiday Inn does but wondering if there might be another a bit more 'luxe' ?

Many thanks!

There is very little chance that Cayman will be open to cruise visitors in 2021.

On the remote chance that it is, that means that land visitors will be allowed on island by that point, and most hotels will be fully booked, provided that the government announces opening soon enough for tourists to make plans.

While you could contact the Ritz or Westin (the Kimpton likely wouldn’t even consider day rooms) which are the two “poshy” hotels along Seven Mile Beach to ask about day rooms, you will likely discover that no one there knows if or when tourism of any kind will open up and they are unable to give you any kind of a definitive answer.

In pre-covid times, few hotels in Cayman would allow day visitors, especially not during peak times like the Christmas holidays.  Post-covid, who knows what will happen.  They could be so desperate for cash that they say yes to anyone and everyone, or they could be so booked up that they won’t even consider it.

As an FYI, two of the three beach clubs (Royal Palms and Calico Jacks) along SMB that used to cater to cruise visitors have closed.  Coral Beach may still be open, but who knows for how long.

A few years back I tried to book a day pass in Grand Cayman's with miserable success.  Called all the major hotels most said NO.   The one I think it was the Westin said I could purchase a day room wanted almost $400.  Would not sell a day pass without the room being booked.  If I remember correctly the room was mine from 11am till 4pm.  Just went to the Royal Palms for the day, very nice   To bad they have closed for good.