Canadian Exchange Rate - Is the NCL rate still at 1.338?

marbleski

I just went through the process of price comparison the other day for NCL and ended up booking in USD as I had CruiseNexts in that currency to use up.

In looking at the NCL site which only displays Canadian dollars (really should be able to choose like you can on Royal's site) I can't say for certain but based on my calculations (completely unscientific) it appears to be in the neighbourhood of 1.25. 

In USD their airfare is coming in at $149 and in Canadian it is $186.24. Likewise, their airport transfers are $75 USD but is $93.76 Cdn. 

Best bet would be to give them a call or start a chat on their website to verify. 

12 minutes ago, JillK said:

I just went through the process of price comparison the other day for NCL and ended up booking in USD as I had CruiseNexts in that currency to use up.

In looking at the NCL site which only displays Canadian dollars (really should be able to choose like you can on Royal's site) I can't say for certain but based on my calculations (completely unscientific) it appears to be in the neighbourhood of 1.25. 

In USD their airfare is coming in at $149 and in Canadian it is $186.24. Likewise, their airport transfers are $75 USD but is $93.76 Cdn. 

Best bet would be to give them a call or start a chat on their website to verify. 

Thanks for the reply.  Much appreciated.

They did have a change in exchange a couple of weeks ago, there was a thread about it at the time.  Many of us had our booked cruises repriced to take advantage of the new exchange rate.  I saved $1400, which was well worth the call to my PCC.  It does take a bit of time calling, though, since the US prices for cruises haven’t changed, I think the PCC has to get approval from a supervisor to do the repricing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bookbabe said:

Thanks for the reply. It looks like the rate is now at 1.25.  You should be able to confirm the current rate by logging into your upcoming cruise and doIng a mock booking for a $100 usd on-board cruise credit.  It should now cost $125 Canadian down from $134  prior to the most recent updated exchange rate .