95% Vaccinated

drolltroll

5 minutes ago, bdever said:

The appeal failed in the Atlanta Federal Court where the CDC appealed it to after the Federal judge in Florida denied the injunction?

No. The court date has not even been set. This one is a ways off and it is not going to be a document discussion. The appeals court could just send it back down to the Judge and we know how that will go. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

No. The court date has not even been set. This one is a ways off and it is not going to be a document discussion. The appeals court could just send it back down to the Judge and we know how that will go. 

The CDC filed an emergency motion this morning for relief and that's supposed to be ruled on first.

Edited by lobster1313

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/2021/07/08/cdc-asks-court-to-put-florida-cruise-ruling-on-hold-after-judge-refuses/

It clearly states Merryday rejected the request to put a stay on his injunction. The court of appeals have not done anything yet to my knowledge and I have searched news all over. If you have a link stating facts different, please share. 

What I did fine funny is this quote from the attorneys of the CDC: " It also argued that the injunction will “exacerbate the spread of COVID-19.” If the attorney and the CDC made this statement, they are more stupid than they ever were. The CDC has allowed Delta to run rampant already with no cruises sailing. Until they stop 100% of that, the cruise lines will do nothing to make it worse. The CDC has already allowed that with airlines and schools alone.

Edited by BoozinCroozin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lobster1313 said:

Ok. That's just the initial injuction in Tampa. I was thinking you were saying the appeals court ruled and they're based in Atlanta.

No that’s what I was thinking Firefly333 said and that is why I asked for clarification.

• Like 1

State of Florida v. Secretary, Department of Health and Human Services, et al
Plaintiff / Appellee: STATE OF FLORIDA
Defendant / Appellant: SECRETARY, DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES, DIRECTOR OF THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION, CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION and UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Not Classified By Court: SERVICE
Case Number: 21-12243
Filed: July 6, 2021
Court: U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Nature of Suit:

Other

TIME SENSITIVE MOTION to stay pending appeal filed by Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Secretary, Department of Health and Human Services and USA. Motion is Opposed. [9429786-1] [21-12243] (ECF: Alisa Klein) [Entered: 07/07/2021 06:14 PM]

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, stellarose said:

and now a booster. I want to sail in December !!!! teachers got their shots in February  . oy vey

Was just reading about that earlier. Apparently some preliminary info out of Israel is indicating that the Delta variant is reducing the efficacy of Pfizer jabs. I guess they are working on a booster already.

Story here: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/israel-said-the-delta-variant-is-making-pfizers-covid-19-shot-less-effective-medical-experts-say-its-too-soon-to-worry-11625768481?mod=home-page

• Thanks 1

Just now, cruisingguy007 said:

Was just reading about that earlier. Apparently some preliminary info out of Israel is indicating that the Delta variant is reducing the efficacy of Pfizer jabs. I guess they are working on a booster already.

Story here: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/israel-said-the-delta-variant-is-making-pfizers-covid-19-shot-less-effective-medical-experts-say-its-too-soon-to-worry-11625768481?mod=home-page

like I need more to stress about this Mardi Gras trip in December. oy vey.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Lol, I'm sure it will be fine, just figured you'd possibly appreciate the information.  

as I have learned through this time period.  take each day as it comes and breathe.  I can't stress until I need to stress.  

• Like 1