Recent Monarch Experiences

ladylawyer

Was also on the 2/17 cruise in Cabin 1062 a JS. A few comments

As with Mz Kitty we also had noise from Deck 11 above us, most significant when people were running, not overly annoying, but you could hear it. I had read on another post that when the crew was cleaning the deck it was very loud, but did not experience that at all (possibly not cleaned)

The noises I heard was more like clanging, banging, rolling things across the floor type noise. At all hours of the day and night.

Like I said, it didn't ruin things for me, but it was a bit annoying at times.

(We've been in JS 1068 before and didn't hear any noise.) Strange!:confused:

In December, we were in 1064, under the pool deck. I had heard that there would be the noise of moving deck chairs. We heard nothing. I suspect that the noise you heard, MszKitty, was the Windjammer. I've gotta believe that there's far more foot traffic and chair movement there, than on the pool deck (how many times do you have to reposition your chair, fagawdsakes).

I

I saw a pool attendant removing towels from saved deck chairs. See people it does happen.

Noticed in the cruise docs it states that chairs left unattended for 30 minutes with have their items removed by the Pool Patrol :D Not sure when they added that in. I too have seen them takes items away which is good to see. Hope it starts to happen more often.

Was it really warm enough to swim or even lay out? I may have to rethink my suitcase which is already packed :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

Noticed in the cruise docs it states that chairs left unattended for 30 minutes with have their items removed by the Pool Patrol :D Not sure when they added that in. I too have seen them takes items away which is good to see. Hope it starts to happen more often.

Was it really warm enough to swim or even lay out? I may have to rethink my suitcase which is already packed :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

I didn't notice people wearing swimsuits or going in the pool. I noticed more people using towels to cover up with.

Oh wait....now that I think about it... I do recall there were quite a few people in the hot tubs.

Didn't any of you guys who just got back go to Dueling Pianos in Boleros????

I, personally, never made it to dueling pianos, but others in my group did and they said they had a great time.

I've been on the Monarch 4 times in a years time, and I've never made it to dueling pianos. I've always heard good things about it. Each time I say I'm going to go, and then I get sidetracked doing something else.

BonVoyage

Dawna

There were people at the pool, in the pool. It was nice and sunny in the afternoon but it would get cool as the day went on. I packed for warm and cool temperatures and I am glad that I did.

There were people at the pool, in the pool. It was nice and sunny in the afternoon but it would get cool as the day went on. I packed for warm and cool temperatures and I am glad that I did.

Sometimes I'm oblivious to whats going on around me....LOL

Hi all,

Regarding Papa's and Beer, my husband is 62 and I am 47 (no spring chickens) and we make a point to always go there when in Ensenada. The difference is we sit outside downstairs and enjoy people watching and the great guacamole, chips and margarita's. Ok, so every once and awhile when we have friends with us, we go upstairs for a minute or so......oh to be young again!

Chris

Hi all,

Regarding Papa's and Beer, my husband is 62 and I am 47 (no spring chickens) and we make a point to always go there when in Ensenada. The difference is we sit outside downstairs and enjoy people watching and the great guacamole, chips and margarita's. Ok, so every once and awhile when we have friends with us, we go upstairs for a minute or so......oh to be young again!

Chris

I'm over 47 by a couple years, but that doesn't stop me from going upstairs and watch all the crazies....LOL! Your only as old as you feel. ;)

I didn't notice people wearing swimsuits ...

I think I'd be more likely to notice people hanging out by the pool WITHOUT wearing swimsuits!!! :) :)

I saw the Dueling Pianos when I was on the Monarch last a couple of years back...Great show...better than the shows in the big room...

Do me a favor someone, take a walk around deck 2 on the bottom and see if there is any smell. Thanks

Was in cabin 2078. Didn't have much problem with odors. A couple of times it did smell a bit funky in the bathroom, but I noticed that only happened when the ship wasn't moving. Not sure why. But that's the only place I noticed it. And I spent a lot of time in my cabin. Practically all my time in fact.

What I really liked about that cabin was it's close proximity to the medical area seeing how that's where I spent most of Sunday. Just a short trot down the stairs and there you were.

Was in cabin 2078. Didn't have much problem with odors. A couple of times it did smell a bit funky in the bathroom, but I noticed that only happened when the ship wasn't moving. Not sure why. But that's the only place I noticed it. And I spent a lot of time in my cabin. Practically all my time in fact.

What I really liked about that cabin was it's close proximity to the medical area seeing how that's where I spent most of Sunday. Just a short trot down the stairs and there you were.

I am sorry to hear that. I hope you are feeling better.

I am sorry to hear that. I hope you are feeling better.

Thanks, I'm doing fine now. Was just one of those things that happen. I plan on booking another cruise someday on the Monarch again so I can really enjoy it. I liked what I did see and experience.

Grandma had a tough time with both kiddos though, so I think it will be a couple of years before we have another parents weekend. Let the kids get a little more self sufficient first, then Grandma can handle it!:)

I just got off the MONARCH on Friday. The cruise went well. Service good and food good. We were in the Royal Suite and had a water problem in the bedroom area. The floor kept getting wet from something leaking underneath. They worked on it the entire cruise and supposedly they had it fixed when we got off. We also were not able to get water that was very hot. Many of our group on Deck 9 complained that their toilets wouldn't flush a lot of the time. The last night of the cruise, all of us on Deck 10 were kept awake with whatever was happening on Deck 11. The public bathrooms were dirty and half of them were out of order. The ladie bathroom between the pool and the Windjammer was out of order the entire cruise.

Even with these problems we had a great time and would go on the Monarch again.

Archived