Insurance issues

flingham

34 minutes ago, smollett said:

Maybe this is a stupid question… but the insurer recommended by P&O on their website seems pretty good value. Why spend ages reading small-print on other sites and getting special certificates when you could just get that?

That’s exactly what I did… and the conversation at departure was ‘I used your ensurer, here’s the certificate/dates’. Job done. 

I can appreciate if you’ve already got a yearly policy it’s worth seeing if that’ll cover (at no extra cost)… but I’m left thinking with some of these threads that people just like to make their lives difficult. 🤷‍♂️

If you are on a waiting list for even a fairly minor procedure, try and get cover without searching. I'm left thinking,,..............🤔👖

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smollett said:

Maybe this is a stupid question… but the insurer recommended by P&O on their website seems pretty good value. Why spend ages reading small-print on other sites and getting special certificates when you could just get that?

That’s exactly what I did… and the conversation at departure was ‘I used your ensurer, here’s the certificate/dates’. Job done. 

I can appreciate if you’ve already got a yearly policy it’s worth seeing if that’ll cover (at no extra cost)… but I’m left thinking with some of these threads that people just like to make their lives difficult. 🤷‍♂️

I suspect the value of P&Os insurance policy providor depends on your  age and how many pre existing conditions you might have.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I suspect the value of P&Os insurance policy providor depends on your  age and how many pre existing conditions you might have.

Do they ask your existing conditions or is it just a blanket cover for all please?

Guest Snaxmuppet

I have never heard of travel insurance that is a blanket cover. Every time I have looked for cover I have been asked about pre-existing conditions and as some conditions are going to be very expensive should a claim be required I can't see blanket cover working... but I could be wrong!

33 minutes ago, davemorton said:

Do they ask your existing conditions or is it just a blanket cover for all please?

They do ask for existing conditions Dave. I've used them for my Iona cruise in August. I haven't got any major health issues (yet!) But I declared all and they charged me £46.80 for the week. Jane.x

• Like 1

In the end it wasnt a problem for me after the initial confusion within cruise insurance industry and whether UK Staycations/Seacations were covered or not Staysure agreed to cover the cruises under the annual cruise policy I have so it cost me nothing extra.

Guest Snaxmuppet

StaySure sound like a pretty decent company tbh. We have taken just enough cover for this cruise but I think I'll look into taking an annual policy with them once we start travelling again.

3 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

I have never heard of travel insurance that is a blanket cover. Every time I have looked for cover I have been asked about pre-existing conditions and as some conditions are going to be very expensive should a claim be required I can't see blanket cover working... but I could be wrong!

My annual insurance is blanket cover - no pre existing conditions need to be declared. The only proviso is that you are physically fit to travel. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ataraxia said:

My annual insurance is blanket cover - no pre existing conditions need to be declared. The only proviso is that you are physically fit to travel. 

My parents have a similar policy too. Don't need to notify of any pre existing conditions but they're all covered. Only caveat is that you mustn't have been advised not to travel by a Dr, consultant etc. 

41 minutes ago, Ataraxia said:

Is that the civil service/Local authority insurance?

Just now, majortom10 said:

I tried them for an annual quote and it was very expensive compared to other quotes we had received so I gave them a miss.

I think its something like the Civil Service sports club or similar but includes public authority workers and others.When I looked the price for over 65 s seemed reasonable (I think it was about £300 but I only considered it because it includes medical conditions as long as you are fit to travel.At the moment we get insurance through our bank but  may consider it in the future

3 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I think its something like the Civil Service sports club or similar but includes public authority workers and others.When I looked the price for over 65 s seemed reasonable (I think it was about £300 but I only considered it because it includes medical conditions as long as you are fit to travel.At the moment we get insurance through our bank but  may consider it in the future

Yes it is the same one as I enquired with because I worked in public sector in an emergency service. Every quote is personal  and varies with companies but for me in early 60s with no great medical issues it was very expensive but for others it might be good value.

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet

Just a quick FYI...

Just boarded Britannia... we were asked to show our insurance details and they checked it quite thoroughly.

Just a little bit of important information for those of you who have insurance as a 'perk' with your Nationwide FlexPlus account.

We cruised with MSC in May and discovered that on the UK Insurance website there is a personalised Confirmation of Cover letter available just to download and print off.  I have just looked again as I decided to print off a newer version for our cruise next Thursday and on the first page there is now a specific paragraph that confirms your cover for UK cruises.

Apologies if everyone already knew this and I'm just catching up☺️ 

On 7/10/2021 at 8:18 AM, davecttr said:

Indeed they do and my contribution is I bought a single trip policy from CoverforYou, all online no phone call needed and you end up with downloaded documents including cover for staycation and cruises to nowhere. Choose Europe (restricted) as your destination as it includes the UK 🙂

Thanks Dave. Just booked staycation cruise insurance for 4 nights cruise online with CoverForYou -£20.50 for myself and my wife inc medical disclosures. £59.72 was the cost for P&O Holiday Extras. The covering letters are very useful as proof of cover if needed at the Port.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/11/2021 at 5:21 PM, Snaxmuppet said:

Just a quick FYI...

Just boarded Britannia... we were asked to show our insurance details and they checked it quite thoroughly.

When we boarded on Sunday they just asked have you got insurance. MSC last month asked us to point out the Covid cover clause and the uk cruise cover on the document. Very variable as to process. 

• Thanks 1

AXA are stopping Travel Insurance this year and concentrating on Health, shame as I did have an annual policy that gave blanket cover without declaring any health issues, as long as Dr stated  fit to travel.

Interesting  that Cover for you is also underwritten by AXA.

1 hour ago, LifeonMars said:

AXA are stopping Travel Insurance this year and concentrating on Health, shame as I did have an annual policy that gave blanket cover without declaring any health issues, as long as Dr stated  fit to travel.

Interesting  that Cover for you is also underwritten by AXA.

I have a cover for you policy, what are your sources, I could not find any reference on line

10 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I have a cover for you policy, what are your sources, I could not find any reference on line

I was informed through my broker Towergate Health and Protection that 2021 will be the last year for renewal as AXA ppp Travel Insurance is finishing and AXA are concentrating on Health, hence the name change to AXA Health.

7 hours ago, LifeonMars said:

I was informed through my broker Towergate Health and Protection that 2021 will be the last year for renewal as AXA ppp Travel Insurance is finishing and AXA are concentrating on Health, hence the name change to AXA Health.

Thanks for the info.

Oh well, be looking for a new insurer next year then.

Edited by davecttr