What I really LOVE...

DenaInWyo

Is the fact I'm planning a cruise, and I'm nearly 100% certain that this one is actually going to SAIL!

There's so much crap out there right now, between cell phones and the CDC, but none of it makes me feel like my trip won't happen.  Sure, there's that small chance, but....FINALLY!  I booked a cruise and am most likely actually getting on the ship!  After all the days I spent at work thinking "I should be in Roatan right now, I should be eating a Guy's burger right now, I should be watching the ocean glide by right now", I finally finally feel like I can get excited about my cruise.

That's all 🙂

• Like 7

My last cruise was September 2019, had my cancellations all started up in April 2020. Since then I have retired, pretty much stayed at home, got Moderna vaccine as soon as they were available to me. I have been gardening, cooking, and planning and looking forward to cruising again. I had lots of time on my hands and rebooked all canceled cruises and added a few more on top of that and booked more than I should have.

Now that my first cruise back is only 3 weeks, a mere 21 days away I am starting to panic. I’ve gotten rusty at cruise planning. The luggage has been long emptied out and we’re starting from scratch again. I’ve been watching live videos from both the Breeze and Horizon.  Learning the new protocols to help make return as smooth as possible.  

I have not gone on a cruise yet that I didn’t forget something. Once I packed no bras and went the week with just the one I was wearing to board. Another time was the phone/camera charger. What will I forget this time, it’s a BTB with different roommate for each leg.  I have been caught up in the excitement and have ordered door banner and t-shirts. Travel is easy, will just drive down in the morning. Yes, I am currently suffering from cruise OCD. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, DenaInWyo said:

Is the fact I'm planning a cruise, and I'm nearly 100% certain that this one is actually going to SAIL!

There's so much crap out there right now, between cell phones and the CDC, ..

That's all 🙂

Cell phones? You mean using the app? 

I think many of us cant wait. Wish I booked before sept. I'm so impatient. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tree.critter said:

My last cruise was September 2019, had my cancellations all started up in April 2020. Since then I have retired, pretty much stayed at home, got Moderna vaccine as soon as they were available to me. I have been gardening, cooking, and planning and looking forward to cruising again. I had lots of time on my hands and rebooked all canceled cruises and added a few more on top of that and booked more than I should have.

Now that my first cruise back is only 3 weeks, a mere 21 days away I am starting to panic. I’ve gotten rusty at cruise planning. The luggage has been long emptied out and we’re starting from scratch again. I’ve been watching live videos from both the Breeze and Horizon.  Learning the new protocols to help make return as smooth as possible.  

I have not gone on a cruise yet that I didn’t forget something. Once I packed no bras and went the week with just the one I was wearing to board. Another time was the phone/camera charger. What will I forget this time, it’s a BTB with different roommate for each leg.  I have been caught up in the excitement and have ordered door banner and t-shirts. Travel is easy, will just drive down in the morning. Yes, I am currently suffering from cruise OCD. 

One bra for the entire trip would have been a pain.  LOL.  One time I forgot conditioner and the ship didn't sell any.  Another time I forgot deodorant. We were in Galveston by the beach and couldn't find any at the local stores, so I ended up getting the last small container at a hotel store.  Anyway, since then I use a packing list.  I keep the packing list in my portable net hamper that I also take on the cruise.  It works for me.  Have fun on your cruise!

The fact the first voyages went off without major bumps is massive encouragement for cruisers.  We sail in exactly 28 days and I feel very confident we will not only sail but have an amazing time, even with any changes or hiccups.

• Like 3