Ocean Ready Passport Information

isosika

Yesterday I was filling out the Ocean Ready information for our cruise in 2022.  As part of that I updated our passport information as we had to renew our passports that would expire later this year.  The passport number had changed so that information was updated, as well as the expiration date.  However, I did not see an option for replacing the photo, absent removing all of our old passport information, which I would assume would also remove the photo and you would just start over.

Has anyone encountered this and what was your solution, if any?

5 hours ago, isosika said:

Yesterday I was filling out the Ocean Ready information for our cruise in 2022.  As part of that I updated our passport information as we had to renew our passports that would expire later this year.  The passport number had changed so that information was updated, as well as the expiration date.  However, I did not see an option for replacing the photo, absent removing all of our old passport information, which I would assume would also remove the photo and you would just start over.

Has anyone encountered this and what was your solution, if any?

If you are talking about the security photo, you should be able to change it.    Just log into the medallion, click on my account and it gives you the option to change your photo.  They want the picture to be no older than a month from the date of your cruise.  I think they really just want something current so if you look the same as you did last year, you don’t really have to update that picture.  My DH’s beard is a lot longer than in his last picture so we definitely wanted to swap that one out for a more recent photo.  
Your passport photo is just a picture you take of your passport from your mobile device.  

• Like 1

security photo - just let them take it when you go thru check-in at the port - might take an extra minute or so if they have to pull you aside ... but ... during that 'minute' how many people will board ahead of you ???

I was talking about the photo of the passport itself, not of me.

The system allows you to change your passport number and the expiration date, which I did.  When it came to the photo of the passport itself, there was no way to edit the old passport photo out and take a picture of the new one.  There was a button that allowed you to remove everything on that page and I suspect that is what will need to be done to replace the photo of the passport.  However, since that picture is so small, perhaps no one could tell the difference.

I was just curious to see if anyone had any ideas of how to do this.  Surely, I cannot be the only one whose passport expired and new information had to be entered into the ap.

Thanks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I'd just delete it and re-enter.  The photo allows the app to auto-fill the data fields and then you just have to look them over to make sure captured correctly.

isosika

This is what you need to do.  It is pretty easy.

Edited by Mary Ann 2