Missing Future Cruise Credits (granted during initial Operational Pause)

logan25

After almost 16 months of being landlocked, I am on the verge of booking a Norwegian cruise.  While I have CruiseNext certificates to utilize, two of my FCCs issued from a (Jewel in South Pacific) cruise truncated Spring 2020 are missing.  All passengers onboard were promised 150% refund in the form of FCCs.  Even though said 150% FCCs were never visible online to me, NCL Customer Service reassured me (in May 2020) they are loaded to my account and told me the face values and said they could be applied to any cruise sailing by end of 2022.

Fast forward to July 2021, said 150% FCCs still are not visible to me so I cannot apply DIY.  Customer Service agents (two) tell me no such 150% FCCs (really 100% and 50% split) are seen at their end either.  Second agent contacted the resolutions department and after quickly referencing the February 2020 cruise data found the FCCs...but they are expired!!!!   Considering NCL has yet to sail ANYWHERE with paying passengers, this is beyond frustrating.  

I was advised to complete a case submission form (which I will certainly do promptly after venting) and request extending said "missing" FCCs.

@logan25

said they could be applied to any cruise sailing by end of 2022.

Could I suggest you refer back to the original letter (if given while on board) or email (if notified that way) and look for the date by which they had to be applied to a booking,   It may be earlier that the date by which the cruise had to take place (End of 2022).

NCL has changed my FCC so many times it is hard to keep track. They also told me I was not entitiled to FCC the way they were awarded even though that is what they advertised at the time. I hope you have luck and if you have any information how to follow up with NCL please pass it along. 

I wasn't onboard that cruise but was scheduled to be on the Jewel on 3/20/20 - so just missed.  In the FCC award letter, dated 3/22 it says "These future cruise credits are valid for one year from the issue date and applicable to all published sailings through December 31, 2022."

So you had a year to use them to book a cruise, although IMHO they should still let you use them, all things considered.  You might try contacting Katty Byrd | VP Guest Services

kbyrd@ncl.com