No Glacier Viewing on September Encore Cruises!

1 hour ago, wacruiselover said:

@ClevelandCruisin I just checked the NCL website and the October itinerary is just like the one for September - no glacier viewing. You might want to check what they are showing for your specific date. They gave me no notice and it changed about mid-day Friday. I check their site often to see if I can save any money - and I was not expecting an unannounced change.

Screenshot 2021-07-11 133656.jpg

This is mine, straight from the website

image.png.1ea3134d2e678db460be3e2465207787.png

I'm sure the port schedule can also be wrong, but this could explain the August glitche. According to this site, the Encore isn't scheduled to arrive into glacier bay until September 7, and then it looks like she visits each week.

Port schedule | CLIA Alaska (akcruise.org)

image.png.f525447b7cbbc4d6c75e330fcb3f0a5f.png

This site is confirming (not to say they both aren't wrong):

Cruise Ship Schedule Calendar Combined Ports (secureservercdn.net)

image.png.c3c68893502f2410ab7a7d79a5e0bd8c.png

Edited by BermudaBound2014

6 hours ago, wacruiselover said:

Tuesday is not listed although I am pretty sure we will have a Tuesday that week 🤪.

Go to the cruise on NCL.com and View Cruise.  Click Itinerary map link at bottom of itinerary days list.  Glacier Bay is included.  Looks you'll be there on Tuesday, the day before Juneau.

image.jpeg.796cf23433b470d87d4d1b8c668e6db3.jpeg

9 hours ago, wacruiselover said:

@aubreyc1988 I am on the Sept 4th sailing and yes, your posted itinerary is what I received from NCL with the notice that we would be on the Encore instead of the Bliss. It was shown in my confirmation from my travel agent also. Sept 4 was the first cruise of the new itinerary - the ones in August still show the Dawes glacier. The change came on Jul9 9 when I was checking prices. NCL dropped the Glacier Bay stop from the cruise description and the cruise title. If I check the Cruise Itinerary Overview for my booking and for new customers, it goes from Monday to Wednesday - Tuesday is not listed although I am pretty sure we will have a Tuesday that week 🤪.

I assume that as others have said NCL is still trying to firm things up - but at the risk of really leaving a bad taste with cruisers who have already had enough of the COVID disruptions. In case you missed it in my first post, we have had 3 cruises cancelled over the last 15 months. We do have another cruise on the Bliss scheduled for April 30 but I am doubting I will go on the one Sept 4 if they do not visit any glaciers except for Mendenhall which we loved on our last cruise and I intend to see on our next cruise

even if they cancel Glacier Bay, they will go to some other glacier. I've had more than 3 cruises cancelled and we all just got to be chill about things, and get on the ship! 

I DO think we are going to Glacier Bay tho

I just did an online chat session with NCL and the agent indicated that Tuesday is still showing as Glacier Bay in her system.  She said she confirmed this with "Guest Services".  But she agreed that NCL.com shows Tuesday as missing from the itinerary.  She indicated that she had "reported the issue".

Now, whether she has all the facts and this is accurate info remains to be proven.  

Edited by MeHeartCruising

It's back! I did a chat with NCL earlier this morning and the agent confirmed that Glacier Bay was still happening on Tuesday. Checking my reservation on the app and on the web it now shows the day will be spent as originally planned. Thank you for all who offered encouraging words!

Moderators - feel free to close this thread if desired.

• Like 2