Island L702 cabin question

coconutmonkey

Has anyone sailed in a Lido cabin, especially L702, on the Island Princess?  Is there a lot of hall traffic for the teen zone ? 
Are the balconies open to above and can the Sanctuary see down on them?

Many thanks.  I have never sailed on the Island Princess and am trying to pick a good cabin for a 14 day sailing.

I haven't stayed in any of the cabins in this location, but since you don't have an answer yet, I'll give it a shot. Looking at the deck-drag on Cruise Deckplans, it looks to me like people in the Sanctuary could look down on your balcony. I'd also guess that there would be a lot of hall traffic for the teen zone, but that would vary wildly depending on how many teens were on board. That cabin might work just fine for you, but I don't think I would book it due to the possible traffic. The exposed balcony isn't a concern for me.

Thanks Sea Hag for your thoughts.  We are concerned with noise and traffic from the teen zone and it is an August cruise we are looking at so I think we'll change decks.  Am currently thinking about the balconies on the Promenade Deck 7.  I am hoping this is a better choice.

We were in L724 for a canal cruise over Thanksgiving.  The most noise from the teen center was when it was open to adults - almost no kids on board - skee-ball is noisy!   The location is very good, but open to above isn't our preference.

We have heard very good things about E736/E737 - booked E736 for a canal cruise but upgraded to L724.  Also consider E732/E733 - OV's right out onto the aft deck which is rarely used.

5 hours ago, coconutmonkey said:

Thanks Sea Hag for your thoughts.  We are concerned with noise and traffic from the teen zone and it is an August cruise we are looking at so I think we'll change decks.  Am currently thinking about the balconies on the Promenade Deck 7.  I am hoping this is a better choice.

It might be. I'd steer clear from Pr718, Pr722, Pr719 and Pr723. These have a white space between them in pairs 718/722 and 719/723. I don't know what that white space it, probably some kind of service area, but I always steer clear of any with white spaces on any side. Sometimes there's a lot of noise from these areas.

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

It might be. I'd steer clear from Pr718, Pr722, Pr719 and Pr723. These have a white space between them in pairs 718/722 and 719/723. I don't know what that white space it, probably some kind of service area, but I always steer clear of any with white spaces on any side. Sometimes there's a lot of noise from these areas.

The white service area between these two cabins is indeed a service area.  It is an area where the ice machine(sharing the same wall as PR718), dishes are kept, etc.  It is like a mini kitchen for the cabin stewards.  It is not in constant use and was often closed.

The noise level is very low in comparison to the service area between PR728 & PR729 which has two white spots - a staff stairwell and linen storage for staff.

We did enjoy our cabin in this area of the ship and often used the promenade as a shortcut especially after the shows.  It is amazing how fast you can reach your cabin by going outside on to the promenade!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SouthAltaCruisingFamily said:

The white service area between these two cabins is indeed a service area.  It is an area where the ice machine(sharing the same wall as PR718), dishes are kept, etc.  It is like a mini kitchen for the cabin stewards.  It is not in constant use and was often closed.

The noise level is very low in comparison to the service area between PR728 & PR729 which has two white spots - a staff stairwell and linen storage for staff.

We did enjoy our cabin in this area of the ship and often used the promenade as a shortcut especially after the shows.  It is amazing how fast you can reach your cabin by going outside on to the promenade!

Good to know on the service areas, and I totally agree with the going outside to escape the crowd. We've never had a Promenade cabin, but we have ducked outside to go down the ship quickly many times in other circumstances.

We have had both L718 and L719 on an Alaska cruise.  They are completely uncovered and Sanctuary above, though the only time it was busy was on glacier days.  We used the hallway through the Spa to get to the buffet, so if the weather is bad you don't have to go outside.  At the time of our cruise, they were fairly new cabins and we enjoyed them very much.  This was a B2B and we switched cabins after the first portion.