Anyone knows where to get a RT-PCR Covid test in Toronto, Ontario, Canada for a reasonable price?

gam888

We are sailing on the Adventure of the Seas this July. Although the Bahamas government does not require fully vaccinated travelers to have a negative Covid test to enter into their country. It is a Royal Caribbean's requirement to have a negative RT-PCR test to get on the ship. By chance, does anyone from Toronto, Ontario happen to know where to get this test for a reasonable price? I did some research and it ranges from $175-$200 Canadian per person, including a certificate that we need to show.  So it adds up for both of us. Thank you in advance.

I've researched pricing in Ottawa with almost identical results. I really don't think that you are going to find anything more reasonably priced for the foreseeable future, even in the GTA. It might be more beneficial focussing on turnaround times, as one of our hospital affiliated testing sites is very close to home, is one of the cheapest, but doesn't guarantee the timeliness of the results.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 1

Thank you Fouremco for replying my post. I might have double posted this. I originally posted this question on the Royal Caribbean board and it got re-directed to this forum. 

5 minutes ago, gam888 said:

Thank you Fouremco for replying my post. I might have double posted this. I originally posted this question on the Royal Caribbean board and it got re-directed to this forum. 

Glad to help. Don't worry about double threads they happen from time to time. You can ask the mods to join the threads if you want.

It is crazy to me that you have to pay for PCR tests in Ontario. They won’t do asymptomatic testing? That is awful, catches lots of cases by doing that too!

In NS I was getting a PCR once a week during the school year because I was exposed to so many students. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1novascotian said:

It is crazy to me that you have to pay for PCR tests in Ontario. They won’t do asymptomatic testing? That is awful, catches lots of cases by doing that too!

In NS I was getting a PCR once a week during the school year because I was exposed to so many students. 

We can have the tests done for free if we are required to for our job, have been exposed or might have been exposed.

The tests are not free if it is for travel and you are asked at the free testing facilities if the test is for travel purposes.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fouremco said:

I've researched pricing in Ottawa with almost identical results. I really don't think that you are going to find anything more reasonably priced for the foreseeable future, even in the GTA. It might be more beneficial focussing on turnaround times, as one of our hospital affiliated testing sites is very close to home, is one of the cheapest, but doesn't guarantee the timeliness of the results.

In Ottawa we can get the test at Shoppers Drug Store.  There is also a clinic in the Professional building over at the Riverside Hospital.  Prices around $200.00

8 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

In Ottawa we can get the test at Shoppers Drug Store.  There is also a clinic in the Professional building over at the Riverside Hospital.  Prices around $200.00

Yes, there are a lot of testing sites in Ottawa, all within a range of about $180-$200. Some have excellent turnaround times that are guaranteed, whereas others have good times but won't guarantee them, a non-starter for travel.

On 7/12/2021 at 11:53 PM, 3Shelaghs said:

“Switch” at Pearson and a few Shoppers Drugmart. Be prepared! Tests for travel are big prices.

We had "Switch" perform our 8 day test after returning to Canada.  That was 2 weeks ago and I still have not received the results.