Carnival to announce Sept and Oct sailings tomorrow (7/13)

pogoism9

It seems like carnival is waiting for the july 18th date to pass, where as the cdc will no longer be in charge of making decisions for the cruise lines in florida , i could be wrong, but i don't think  it's a coincidence that there holding off there announcements for sept and oct cruises until next week, if i was a guessing man, i'm gonna predict that they lower the 95 percent vaccinated policy to 80 percent, so more people with children can be exempted, especially since they announced that all unvaccinated people over the age of 12 will have to have travel insurance, i think families will book with more confidence, knowing there's a higher percentage that there child or children will be exempted 

Just got off the phone with Carnival and was finally able to move out our final payments a week to get past the announcement.

Now I am just hoping for great news from this announcement!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, K&RCurt said:

Just got off the phone with Carnival and was finally able to move out our final payments a week to get past the announcement.

Now I am just hoping for great news from this announcement!

Yay!  Glad that worked out for you.

With the recent court-ruling staying the injunction and allowing the CDC CSO "rules" to stay in place, I bet Carnival now feels far more comfortable making announcements about Sept and Oct - basically, more of the same in terms of 95% vax, mask requirements (or lack thereof), kids activities/clubs, etc, I suspect.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

With the recent court-ruling staying the injunction and allowing the CDC CSO "rules" to stay in place, I bet Carnival now feels far more comfortable making announcements about Sept and Oct - basically, more of the same in terms of 95% vax, mask requirements (or lack thereof), kids activities/clubs, etc, I suspect.

I suspect you are correct.

I am also wondering if Carnival changes out the Pride for the Legend as the Legend starts cruises from Baltimore at the end of October and I don't think it has anything going on before that.  I may be mistaken but I think it would be a 1:1 switch out with cabins also.

2 minutes ago, K&RCurt said:

I am also wondering if Carnival changes out the Pride for the Legend as the Legend starts cruises from Baltimore at the end of October and I don't think it has anything going on before that.  I may be mistaken but I think it would be a 1:1 switch out with cabins also.

I'm pretty sure the Legend doesn't come to town until mid November. First sailing on the site that shows up is 11/21. It's currently en route for dry dock to get it's Mardi Gras makeover, so it's possible all that could be done by Sept if they were to pull the trigger. The room situation would be 1:1 as they are effectively the same ship

21 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Right.  They know they can't let a lot of kids travel unless they do test cruises.  I don't know if some of the cruises they already did would qualify.  If not, then families are almost out of luck for cruising for awhile unless they get an exemption.

1 hour ago, K&RCurt said:

I put this hypothesis out there too.  It wouldn't surprise me at all. 

1 hour ago, K&RCurt said:

I just want to know if the Pride is going to sail in October and what the vax requirements will be.  However, substituting the Legend fresh out of dry dock works for me.  One can only hope.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, davy jones said:

I just want to know if the Pride is going to sail in October and what the vax requirements will be.  However, substituting the Legend fresh out of dry dock works for me.  One can only hope.

I'm going to gather with the CDC being given a stay of the CSO, we're looking at a 95/5 situation still.  I'm sailing in Oct as well. Bubble tours have started showing up for my November stop in Nassau 

3 hours ago, BroadwayGirl said:

I'm going to gather with the CDC being given a stay of the CSO, we're looking at a 95/5 situation still.  I'm sailing in Oct as well. Bubble tours have started showing up for my November stop in Nassau 

How can you tell they are bubble tours? My September 18 Mardi Gras sailing doesn't seem to have any that are bubble tours, at least any that I can tell.

On 7/15/2021 at 3:16 PM, PaperSniper4 said:

Let's hope we both are going to be pleasantly pleased in a month or so! I've got a shortie out of NOLA in December. We are retired, so if it doesn't go no problem, other that being disappointed, as we have two cruises scheduled in 2022. But, dangit, I really would like to feel a shp under my feet again, it has been since November 2019!

Doug

I really hope you are able to go!  

On 7/17/2021 at 6:57 PM, tmack8983 said:

It seems like carnival is waiting for the july 18th date to pass, where as the cdc will no longer be in charge of making decisions for the cruise lines in florida , i could be wrong, but i don't think  it's a coincidence that there holding off there announcements for sept and oct cruises until next week, if i was a guessing man, i'm gonna predict that they lower the 95 percent vaccinated policy to 80 percent, so more people with children can be exempted, especially since they announced that all unvaccinated people over the age of 12 will have to have travel insurance, i think families will book with more confidence, knowing there's a higher percentage that there child or children will be exempted 

Well that post didn’t age well.