Carnival to announce Sept and Oct sailings tomorrow (7/13)

pogoism9

19 minutes ago, lobster1313 said:

I got an extension a couple of weeks before final payment for my September cruise.  

Very odd.

Do you think I should call back and see what another agent says?

1 hour ago, tkportersat said:

It's not so much hope as I'm tired of worrying about it.  Vacation is supposed to be relaxing and get you away from your daily stress.  All this back and forth and uncertainty is getting me to the point of almost wanting to call it.  I will wait just so hopefully I can get a refund/credit but I'm starting to think of other options.  

Let's hope we both are going to be pleasantly pleased in a month or so! I've got a shortie out of NOLA in December. We are retired, so if it doesn't go no problem, other that being disappointed, as we have two cruises scheduled in 2022. But, dangit, I really would like to feel a shp under my feet again, it has been since November 2019!

Doug

39 minutes ago, K&RCurt said:

Very odd.

Do you think I should call back and see what another agent says?

Do you have a PVP? If so call them first and if not try again.  I wasn't able to extend the date for a different cruise that I used a TA

With Carnival (ok, it's not just CCL!) if you don't get an answer which seems correct, or if it's not what you want - call, and call again!

There's basically nobody that you can reach on the other end of the line that knows the correct answer to all questions. Most will give you a correct, or close to correct answer, some will just fake it (and sound authoritative in the process).

Tom

• Like 3

Not going to lie, this delayed announcement has me very nervous for our 9/26 Pride cruise out of Baltimore.  I looked at the first couple October cruises and there just aren't the same rooms available that I'd want.  We got lucky on a great deal for 2 aft balconies.  This one also falls on our anniversary so there's that.

8 minutes ago, Anung Un Rama said:

Not going to lie, this delayed announcement has me very nervous for our 9/26 Pride cruise out of Baltimore.  I looked at the first couple October cruises and there just aren't the same rooms available that I'd want.  We got lucky on a great deal for 2 aft balconies.  This one also falls on our anniversary so there's that.

That's great! Hope you all have a great celebration. I have a suggestion for you. This is what I did when I boarded the Dream back in 2019. I went to Guest Services to add a g.c. to our S&S account, and the g.s. lady asked if this was a special occasion. I told her that this is our 50th anniversary cruise present to each other. She immediately gave me 2 drink coupons, and at dinner our wait staff gave us an anniversary cake(which was quite good). When we went back to the cabin, we had a bottle of champagne & a bowl of chocolate dipped strawberries. Was I ever impressed!

20190727_190709.jpg

20190727_171034.jpg

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

That's great! Hope you all have a great celebration. I have a suggestion for you. This is what I did when I boarded the Dream back in 2019. I went to Guest Services to add a g.c. to our S&S account, and the g.s. lady asked if this was a special occasion. I told her that this is our 50th anniversary cruise present to each other. She immediately gave me 2 drink coupons, and at dinner our wait staff gave us an anniversary cake(which was quite good). When we went back to the cabin, we had a bottle of champagne & a bowl of chocolate dipped strawberries. Was I ever impressed!

20190727_190709.jpg

20190727_171034.jpg

May I ask, what is a gc?

I ask because our Son and his wife's anniversary occur during our cruise

Just now, K&RCurt said:

May I ask, what is a gc?

I ask because our Son and his wife's anniversary occur during our cruise

gc = abbreviation for Carnival Gift Card.  I forgot to mention in my other post that the goodies we received were free. No cost to us at all. 

1 hour ago, lobster1313 said:

Do you have a PVP? If so call them first and if not try again.  I wasn't able to extend the date for a different cruise that I used a TA

My ta called and asked for a extension for my self 11th cruise and said they told him no. He tried. I wanted to wait for protocols. .lol which we still dont have. At least I have a better idea now, but I too wasnt allowed to extend my final payment.

On 7/13/2021 at 12:09 PM, ceilidh1 said:

I think you are forgetting the huge chunk of families that sail on Carnival, though. Most of us parents have been vaccinated, but kids not yet eligible! Who knows how soon this might change, but for now that has to be a big chunk of folks that can't sail!

Wife & I take several weeks @ year.  Mostly when children aren't sailing.  November, Dec - February.  Very few kids and ships are normally sold out.  IMHO children come into play only about 3+ months a year. 

8 hours ago, K&RCurt said:

John HealdGood morning, yes that is correct she did say this but unfortunately things have changed a little bit and so we need a bit more time. We will definitely have to use on this in the next few days and at the start of next week you should be able to understand exactly what is going to happen.

Next few days?  Good grief.  They can at least tell us which ships they will not have sailing in September. It's July 15.  If they really don't know what ships are sailing in September, they are in deep trouble.  

• Like 3

Might the uptick in COVID cases be the cause for delays? Carnival may not want to rush to getting the majority of it's fleet back by October if only vaccinated people can cruise.

Edited by toad455

1 minute ago, toad455 said:

Might the uptick in COVID cases be the cause for delays? Carnival may not want to rush to getting the majority of it's fleet back by October.

That could enter the discussion, but as this will be our life for the foreseeable future, this is what the protocols are there to handle.  People on cruises are going to test positive for Covid.  The plans today are going to pretty much be the same as the plans in July of 2022.  Their only decision to make is how many % of vaccinated do they want.  (I had a long day at work, and I'm trying to plan a September vacation; forgive my glibness).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My husband and I caved this morning and moved our October booking to next year. We have a two-and-a-half year old son still in diapers and had bought an OV cabin. With what’s looking like a greater and greater likelihood that Carnival won’t be able to get the children’s programming back up and running by this fall, we decided to bail out and dump the stress about getting an exemption or trying to contain and entertain a lively, noisy little wrecking ball for hours and hours in a 185 square foot non-childproofed cabin. Let alone persuading him to keep his mask on when out and about in the ship saying “Hi!” to everyone he sees.

Happily enough, we were able to trade up to an obstructed balcony, longer cruise, and ports we haven’t visited before for only $500 more dollars which isn’t due for another year. It was painless.

Edited by Noami
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, dandeck said:

Wife & I take several weeks @ year.  Mostly when children aren't sailing.  November, Dec - February.  Very few kids and ships are normally sold out.  IMHO children come into play only about 3+ months a year. 

You obviously don't cruise on Disney. You left out Christmas break, Fall break, Thanksgiving, Spring break, Mardi Gras, week, New Jersey week. New Hampshire weeks and random short holiday weeks. It's not limited to Summer. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, pogoism9 said:

So this morning Heald mentioned that they are planning to announce September ships and the new protocols on Monday, but warned it could be Tuesday.

Conveniently AFTER my final payment date!  GRRR

13 hours ago, MrMarc said:

I wonder if the uncertainty caused by the lawsuits and appeal have anything to do with it.  It's hard to plan when you don't know what the rules are going to be.

That would certainly be my guess.  Judge Merryday's order for Florida cruises (which basically makes the CDC's CSO null and void there) goes into effect Monday unless the appeals court intervenes before then.  I'm guess they are waiting to see what happens with that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pogoism9 said:

So this morning Heald mentioned that they are planning to announce September ships and the new protocols on Monday, but warned it could be Tuesday.

or Wednesday...or Thursday...or Friday, or maybe very, very, very soon the beginning of the next week.  Christine Duffy assures us.  For certain the middle of November we should know the September/October  protocols.  It's Mrs. CDC. 🤪

39 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

Some excellent logistics points for sure that we don't think about right away. My home state apparently is having a huge uptick in CV cases (I steer clear of the news, so I rely on what others tell me).  A nurse friend of mine says she wouldn't be surprised at all if we are banned from traveling out of state. She said the CV situation at the hospital where she works is very bad.....again, but this time because of unvaccinated people.  😢  We have cruises for SEP/DEC.  We are fully vaxxed, but we wouldn't be able to get to the ship. No idea what our options would be if that were to happen re: cancelling/rebooking. I guess I won't worry until it's time to worry. 

That is one of my fears. I have a land vacation scheduled July 31. I'm worried my husbands job may cancel his vacation out of state. The higher ups at his place are getting nervous, so hoping for the best.

On 7/12/2021 at 6:52 PM, embarkation75 said:

Maybe big to some, but nobody should be shocked given the reality we are headed toward another big fall/winter covid surge. Cruiselines have to do what keeps them profitable and that means vaccination dominant cruises.

It will be every winter, of course, the same as fir almost every other respiratory virus development. Nothing new.  So, we have a choice to either live with it or stop living.

• Like 2