Carnival Legend Aft

thesmiths

deck 4 you are above the dining room, which really shouldn't be an issue

deck 8 you are under lido pool deck, so I wouldn't book there.

Looking at pictures and videos of those rooms, I don't think there are really any size differences between balconies on those decks, so I would go with Deck 6.  Deck 4 you might get slightly more vibration from the engines, as I have read (no personal experience) that there is vibration on the aft of the Spirit class ships.

Edited by bstel

The lower the deck, the bigger the balcony is. Yep, a bit of vibration when docking & undocking. Not a deal breaker. We love deck 4. Middle of row is usually bigger too. Bummer on the aft wrap…absolutely best balcony on Carnival thus far. 

I have heard numerous people say that deck 4 is the best because there is an overhang from above so you have shade and cover from rain.  I have adjoining deck 4 vista suite and aft on the Pride booked on B2B Europe cruises next summer. I sure hope they sail...

The only 3 times I've had balcony cabins was on Spirit-class ships, twice in aft cabins.

Had 4230 on Miracle.  Yes, it still gets hot back there.  Some vibration but not terrible.  My biggest issue was that in the morning, the smell of bacon came wafting up from the MDR, which made me ravenous.  Not something I needed when I was already eating about 4x what I normally eat! 😄

Had 4232 on Pride.  Much more vibration at all times.  I think she was known to be having azipod issues back then.  Last night, heading back to Baltimore, the vibration was 10x worse than it had been.  Don't know if that was due to the slower speed or what.  It was awful.  It was like being sound asleep and someone coming and shaking you by the shoulder to wake up.  Over and over and over all night.  I had a 6 hr drive home and I had was petrified that I was going to fall asleep at the wheel, despite plenty of caffeine.  

Was that a fluke?  Maybe, but I know I won't risk booking there again, just in case.  I typically sail solo and don't have an unlimited budget, so booking a balcony cabin is a big deal for me.  If there's a next time, I'll opt for a regular balcony, midship.

9 hours ago, Mt Lassen said:

There is a difference in the stateroom. Deck 5 is one room other decks are bedroom and a separate living room. Deck 4 has the best balcony. 

My cabins on Miracle and Pride were one room.  Exactly the same as any other balcony cabin except with a deeper balcony.  At least that's what they're like on Spirit-class ships (which includes Legend).  No idea about other ship classes.

I use cruisedeckplans dot com to look at cabins and I always use their Deck Drag function to see what's above and below the cabin I'm interested in booking.  They also have many actual photos and videos that cruisers have uploaded.  I find it to be a very helpful site.