Cruising with an only child who is 13

gojigirl

We are considering taking a 4 day cruise on Celebrity Summit 9/2.  My daughter is an only child and 13.  Is this a bad idea since it may be a time of year there are not a lot of teens, and also, I'm concerned she may not be able to click with anyone and will be painfully bored.  In my experience with an only child on cruises, it's difficult because most kids have siblings they hang out with.  Just wondering if anyone has experience with the celebrity teen club, is it boring, is it clicky, and do teens go the week of labor day?  I'm considering a suite which is over 5K, so I'm nervous about spending all that money if my daughter is miserable.

TIA

Is your DD very social? We always cruise with our only kid but he's never ever wanted to go to the kid's club or to make short term "friends" on the cruise. He is just not into that, but he loves cruising and enjoys himself thoroughly, even on boring, adult oriented cruise lines like Princess. He is never bored on a cruise.

I am sure there will be a few kids her age on the ship, like PP said. As for Celebrity teen club, you could also ask on Celebrity board.

P.S. I would never spend $5K on a 4-night cruise. Too much. We usually average $2K for a week for 3 of us, so we could cruise more often and on much more fun ships like RCI. 🙂 (which also have more kids). Heck, MSC is running a special right now for Aug-Sep cruises which is like $179-250 pp for balcony for 4 day cruises. Yes, I know MSC is not even in the same league as X, but may be a bit more fun in terms of activities.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy