September/October sailings announcement

On John Heald's facebook morning coffee, he shared a lot of good information this morning, including that the announcement about which ships will return to service for September and October is currently slated for Monday 7/19 or Tuesday.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, pogoism9 said:

Hopefully it doesn't get pushed back again. My biggest fear if Baltimore is a go is having to mask up on the cruise because of this delta variant stuff...

My biggest fears are also delta variant related, but also that another, worse variant will come about and cancel not only our September cruises but the industry altogether.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, pogoism9 said:

Hopefully it doesn't get pushed back again. My biggest fear if Baltimore is a go is having to mask up on the cruise because of this delta variant stuff...

Do you mean because it's leaving from Baltimore? I imagine once you are on ship it's still Carnival's call. Right now everyone has to wear a mask during embarkation anyway. 

16 minutes ago, BroadwayGirl said:

haha yep. Itinerary changes are showing up in cruise planner this afternoon for my Nov cruise.  Assuming we'll have a lot of fun to deal with come Monday/Tuesday. 

Oh wow! I don't  think our cruise has many options, the MR. So I'm not expecting changes unless things get really bad in Mexico. I actually head out to Cabo tomorrow for a week, I'll scope it out 😉

17 minutes ago, BroadwayGirl said:

haha yep. Itinerary changes are showing up in cruise planner this afternoon for my Nov cruise.  Assuming we'll have a lot of fun to deal with come Monday/Tuesday. 

really?  mine is in sept but it still shows grand cayman & montego bay.  I'm checking daily because i want to look at excursions for belize

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

What kind of itinerary changes?

Dropping Half Moon Cay this afternoon for November and switching to Princess Cays. And our port order has changed.  Our cruise is currently off the website but the changes showed up in cruise manager. 

• Like 1

According to what is still available for booking, it still appears they plan to bring back Glory out of N.O. and Pride out of Baltimore in September and Sensation in late October.  This is in addition to the previous ships for August.  Obviously these could change, but certainly appears to be their plans or they probably would have removed them for bookings by now.  The real questions are what ports will be changed and what will the protocols be?

• Like 3

Just now, Lee Cruiser said:

According to what is still available for booking, it still appears they plan to bring back Glory out of N.O. and Pride out of Baltimore in September and Sensation in late October.  This is in addition to the previous ships for August.  Obviously these could change, but certainly appears to be their plans or they probably would have removed them for bookings by now.  The real questions are what ports will be changed and what will the protocols be?

exactly and it seems like changes are starting to be made on the website

5 minutes ago, BroadwayGirl said:

Dropping Half Moon Cay this afternoon for November and switching to Princess Cays. And our port order has changed.  Our cruise is currently off the website but the changes showed up in cruise manager. 

So far, our September Sunrise cruise has remained unchanged as far as ports (Nassau, HMC and Grand Turk.  I'm really wondering about Grand Turk. Not sure that one will happen.

14 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

So far, our September Sunrise cruise has remained unchanged as far as ports (Nassau, HMC and Grand Turk.  I'm really wondering about Grand Turk. Not sure that one will happen.

Grand Turks is on my October one along with HMC and hope we go. We haven't been to either yet and want to get there. 

22 minutes ago, BroadwayGirl said:

exactly and it seems like changes are starting to be made on the website

My Sept 26th Pride sailing still shows Freeport, Grand Turk, and Princess Cays, I wish they would drop Freeport or Grand Turk and move us to HMC 😛

Edited by pogoism9

We got unvaccinated peeps on my sept cruise especially waiting for their options. They allowed august to cancel with a refund, but nothing about Sept. Some are tired of waiting .. I'm going but feel for those on pins and needles.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, babygrljaz said:

really?  mine is in sept but it still shows grand cayman & montego bay.  I'm checking daily because i want to look at excursions for belize

Grand Cayman has not opened up to land tourists, and they have said they will not be allowing cruise ships in 2021.  They are also considering limiting the number of ships and passengers they allow per day for 2022 and beyond.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PrincessPatti said:

Grand Cayman has not opened up to land tourists, and they have said they will not be allowing cruise ships in 2021.  They are also considering limiting the number of ships and passengers they allow per day for 2022 and beyond.

I know, I didn't question why it changed.  I am well aware GC is out.  My question, although rhetorical don't expect her to know why,  to broadwaygirl is her cruise is in nov already showing itinerary changes.  Mine is in sept but no change yet

52 minutes ago, babygrljaz said:

I know, I didn't question why it changed.  I am well aware GC is out.  My question, although rhetorical don't expect her to know why,  to broadwaygirl is her cruise is in nov already showing itinerary changes.  Mine is in sept but no change yet

Like you said, we can only speculate why. Wonder if there were multiple ships at HMC and they separated us, but it looks like they are standardizing the itineraries for the Legend for the fall…kind of like how they did with the other ships restarting now. I think the 3 weeks of November Legend Bahamas cruises are now all the same.   My October Pride cruise has not changed from HMC and GT.   Waiting for the announcement for another week sucks…esp since I have to pay my Oct cruise by Monday. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BroadwayGirl said:

Like you said, we can only speculate why. Wonder if there were multiple ships at HMC and they separated us, but it looks like they are standardizing the itineraries for the Legend for the fall…kind of like how they did with the other ships restarting now. I think the 3 weeks of November Legend Bahamas cruises are now all the same.   My October Pride cruise has not changed from HMC and GT.   Waiting for the announcement for another week sucks…esp since I have to pay my Oct cruise by Monday. 

Neither our September nor October Pride cruises have changed itinerary, including HMC and Grand Turk.

Is it just me or is anyone else starting to feel nuts waiting on the confirmation for September?  🤪

1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Is it just me or is anyone else starting to feel nuts waiting on the confirmation for September?  🤪

Yes!  I am checking all day for this update.  

1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Neither our September nor October Pride cruises have changed itinerary, including HMC and Grand Turk.

Not feeling nuts yet.  I figure I have zero control over it, heck I dont even get to blow the whistle. 

All I know is I have a cruise in Sept and it is still scheduled.  If that dont change I will be very happy.

I'm super curious too because I'm going on the Glory on september 19th and while I think the cruise will go on I'm wondering what the ports of call will be. Originally Montego Bay, GC and Cozumel... Something tells me that two of the three won't be going (I know GC, but i wonder if Montego Bay will). Kinda bumbed about GC because I love that stop, but understand why they are doing what they are doing, but i am a planner and want to plan my days out!!!!