Sailing mid August with a kid

Aubreysmom09

We have a week off mid August, and my husband really wants to cruise. We have an 11 years old daughter that isn't vaccinated yet. Would it be to late to book a cruise and get an exemption? Like everyone else the entire family is having cruise withdrawals. We originally had one booked on the sunshine. 

As far as I know the exemptions opened and closed for July and august. There are a few people hanging on hoping still to get one but I'd say your chances are extremely small to get a exemption for August.

Sept and oct exemption letter will go out next. 

Not the time for unvaxxed imo .. hard on families. 

1 minute ago, Aubreysmom09 said:

We will just stick to our Universal plans. This will be our 6th trip in 18 months. Would be nice to cruise again .

My husband wants me to check MSC, but I know nothing about them. 

Doesnt matter who it is, there is a problem with unvaxxed. Rcl is allowing them but then there is a charge to be tested. Idk about the age to be charged. Also they cant get off the ship in ports or only in bubble ex versions. Mcs I dont think has restarted or ncl. 

Freedom ots on royal is the only one allowing right now.,out of Florida. But too much protocol I'd be a no if it was me. 

We have looked at it, and were curious. Just everything I saw was hundreds of more from RCL. I will see if anything is available during my time frame. We would just need to change our flights with AA. MSC prices were like $139 for a balcony for a 4 day cruise. We would do that and add a couple days. 

3 hours ago, Aubreysmom09 said:

We will just stick to our Universal plans. This will be our 6th trip in 18 months. Would be nice to cruise again .

My husband wants me to check MSC, but I know nothing about them. 

I am sailing RCL.  MSC requires masks for everyone even if vaccinated.  If you go on RCL and are vaccinted you at least get to take off your mask more often.  I did read they reopened August to new bookings.  They have been sailing a 30-40 percent.  I did hear MSC has a kids sail free option though. I personally want to take my mask off more often! 

Exemption forms are still open and available to submit for August cruises. I’ve called Carnvial multiple times.. in the same boat as you, looking to book a last minute cruise in August but have a one year old that would need to be exempt. Carnival has told me the form can still be submitted.. but couldn’t tell me how they are deciding who is exempt, if it’s first come first serve (which booking this late doesn’t sound like it’d be in my favor) or based on VIFP status, when you paid or booked, etc. 

I’m in limbo, waiting to see if any restrictions (specifically the need for bubble tours for unvaccinated to get off the ship) change for September, otherwise would like to book for last week in August… but also scared if September protocols don’t get announced soon, then the form will no longer be available for August sailings! Double edge sword.. so we’ll see how this plays out.. 

Anyways, here is the link to the form for August sailings, cruise reps have told me it’s too late for July sailings, but it seems every time I call with questions I get told different answers depending on who I speak to so, who knows 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
https://www.carnival.com/vaccine-exemption-submission

Let me know if you end up booking for August / file form or if you find out any other info.. I’m also torn on what to do as we are also having definite withdrawals from cruising 🙂

16 minutes ago, WeBeCruisinMon said:

Anyways, here is the link to the form for August sailings, cruise reps have told me it’s too late for July sailings, but it seems every time I call with questions I get told different answers depending on who I speak to so, who knows 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
https://www.carnival.com/vaccine-exemption-submission

What is the final date for requesting the exemption?

Plus there seems to be new rules about masks

Mask Wearing

• It is strongly recommended that unvaccinated guests wear masks on board. In addition, all guests must wear masks during the entire embarkation and debarkation process (at the home port and port of call), during water shuttle operations, any Carnival-approved shore excursions and while on any transportation vehicles.
  • All unvaccinated guests must wear masks at any indoor activity with children under 12 years, (i.e., the arcade, Build-A-Bear®, Family Harbor, Sky Zone®), medical center, in spa areas (including treatment rooms) and Piano Bar. Children under two years are not required to wear a mask.