Balcony or Havana Interior Cabin?

sd63

2 hours ago, Thenagers said:

My teens had a havana interior on Horizon. Try to get one towards the end of the hall. Mine had the one behind the elevator. Very quiet. 

I will add to this and say avoid the sideways interior rooms. Very stage layout.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sd63 said:

I appreciate everyone's input, it has been very helpful. We have decided to book the broom closet and we believe we will have a brilliant time!

Please return to report out on your brilliant experience afterwards!

On 7/17/2021 at 10:03 PM, tap_out said:

I will add to this and say avoid the sideways interior rooms. Very stage layout.  

I dont like sideways cabins because the beds rock head to toe, not side ro side.

I sleep better with a normal rocking motion. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I dont like sideways cabins because the beds rock head to toe, not side ro side.

I sleep better with a normal rocking motion. 

Didn't think of that, I also like my bed facing forward.  It's been so long since I cruised I forgot about that.  

I have booked one of the strange shaped Havana insides.  I hope I can sleep.  It was the only thing left and after booking a Havana Cabana that I really never used in 2019 I thought I would try the inside.  First time, hope I don't regret it.  I am just happy to cruise again on the beautiful ship.  

I'm fighting this internal battle with myself right now except mine is basic balcony or Cloud Spa interior on Mardi Gras instead of balcony vs Havana interior. I booked the spa interior but it is a sideways layout. Did I make a mistake? I'm solo and right under the Serenity deck so I thought it would be nice to be able to run right up the stairs to use that for fresh air. 

Edited by charliesdad63

5 hours ago, JaniceB said:

Didn't think of that, I also like my bed facing forward.  It's been so long since I cruised I forgot about that.  

I have booked one of the strange shaped Havana insides.  I hope I can sleep.  It was the only thing left and after booking a Havana Cabana that I really never used in 2019 I thought I would try the inside.  First time, hope I don't regret it.  I am just happy to cruise again on the beautiful ship.  

Keep checking your cruise. You will probably have cancellations of unvaccinated people, either with people being denied exemptions or just not wanting to go with the restrictions. 

I think it comes down to how much time you plan on being in your room and the amount of exterior privacy you value. The Havana area, on the Vista at least, is stellar but you are most likely never going to have it all to yourself. It's not really "crowded" and the view is gorgeous off the back of the ship but it's not entirely private. If you like lingering outside, alone, when first waking up in the morning with coffee and pastry or in the evenings before dinner or later before bed you'll lose that by not going with a private balcony. As well, is the Havana inside room on the same deck as the Havana private pool area or up a deck? It seems like the Havana rooms were on two different decks- I can't remember for sure but that would play into my decision as well if that's the case. That said, four sea days and if the interior room is on deck five and we're comparing it to a "cove balcony" on deck two I'd go Havana I think. I'm not in my room much at all and the Havana pool area and hot tubs were really nice, I really enjoyed it. Plus deck five is super convenient imo for accessing different areas of the ship.   

Edited by Jasonsterling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, charliesdad63 said:

I'm fighting this internal battle with myself right now except mine is basic balcony or Cloud Spa interior on Mardi Gras instead of balcony vs Havana interior. I booked the spa interior but it is a sideways layout. Did I make a mistake? I'm solo and right under the Serenity deck so I thought it would be nice to be able to run right up the stairs to use that for fresh air. 

If I were you, I would stick to the spa interior. If you see yourself wanting to be outside frequently, it would be very convenient to grab a spot on serenity for you due to proximity.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jasonsterling said:

I think it comes down to how much time you plan on being in your room and the amount of exterior privacy you value. The Havana area, on the Vista at least, is stellar but you are most likely never going to have it all to yourself. It's not really "crowded" and the view is gorgeous off the back of the ship but it's not entirely private. If you like lingering outside, alone, when first waking up in the morning with coffee and pastry or in the evenings before dinner or later before bed you'll lose that by not going with a private balcony. As well, is the Havana inside room on the same deck as the Havana private pool area or up a deck? It seems like the Havana rooms were on two different decks- I can't remember for sure but that would play into my decision as well if that's the case. That said, four sea days and if the interior room is on deck five and we're comparing it to a "cove balcony" on deck two I'd go Havana I think. I'm not in my room much at all and the Havana pool area and hot tubs were really nice, I really enjoyed it. Plus deck five is super convenient imo for accessing different areas of the ship.   

I agree Deck 5 is very convenient.  I rarely went above when I had a Havana except to find Jiji's and just to check out the main pool area which was so crowded I ran back to the Havana!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, JaniceB said:

I agree Deck 5 is very convenient.  I rarely went above when I had a Havana except to find Jiji's and just to check out the main pool area which was so crowded I ran back to the Havana!

Loved the deck 5 location! Breakfast at Ocean Plaza. Convenient elevators.  We loved the location.  

• Like 2

I doubt the mardi gras will have much rocking motion.

Doesn't the havana balconies have a public area in front of them on Mardi Gras?  Kind of like you have patio, but people can walk in front of it.  Maybe I looked at the map wrong.