Redeeming RCL Points

I signed up for a RCL credit card because I received $200 plus points.  I have 14,000 points.  What is that worth in dollars when I book my next cruise? Yes, I know I will need a lot more but I just want to have an idea if they are worthless.

38 minutes ago, glentally said:

I signed up for a RCL credit card because I received $200 plus points.  I have 14,000 points.  What is that worth in dollars when I book my next cruise? Yes, I know I will need a lot more but I just want to have an idea if they are worthless.

10,000 points can be redeemed for $100 OBC

1 hour ago, george35 said:

When redeeming your points toward your cruise do you have to book the cruise thru RCL or can you go to a travel agency?

george35

You redeem the points on line, not through the booking agent. It does not matter how you book the cruise. You'll need the ship, sail date and confirmation number to redeem the points. You can use the points to buy OBC for another person if you have that information.

Edited by cruiseguy1016

I would be very careful about using your points to pay toward a cruise. They apply the  points value as a discount of your cruise payment and THEY HAVE NO CASH VALUE. This means, if you change your cruise you could just be out the points. Last time I did this I was on a cruise where a 20% discount of cruise fare paid was issued to everyone due to missed stops and other problems. My 20% was based on the fare minus the amount paid with points. I cancelled my RCCL card after that.

Edited by lovethesealife
Typo

18 minutes ago, lovethesealife said:

I would be very careful about using your points to pay toward a cruise. They apply the  points value as a discount of your cruise payment and THEY HAVE NO CASH VALUE. This means, if you change your cruise you could just be out the points. Last time I did this I was on a cruise where a 20% discount of cruise fare paid was issued to everyone due to missed stops and other problems. My 20% was based on the fare minus the amount paid with points. I cancelled my RCCL card after that.

That's a great point.  I didn't know that.   I usually use them for cruise credit or to purchase things in the planner.