Apex UK guests - cancellation?

Stu UK

Are Celebrity going ahead with UK guests on Apex despite FCDO advising against international cruises and the inability to get valid travel insurance. Wondering if we are likely to receive a cancellation as we have a Celebrity fly cruise package at the end of August. 

25 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

Are Celebrity going ahead with UK guests on Apex despite FCDO advising against international cruises and the inability to get valid travel insurance. Wondering if we are likely to receive a cancellation as we have a Celebrity fly cruise package at the end of August. 

Based on the Cruise with Confidence program you can cancel. If you don’t, it‘s your own risk to cruise or possibly be turned back.

2 hours ago, Stu UK said:

Stay Sure has European FCDO Travel Advice Extension Cover for £9pp extra . 

2 hours ago, Stu UK said:

Been there done that and felt your pain. Had a sunset veranda booked on equinox for August. Had to move booking to October next year. Sort of took the decision to jump before we got pushed. Had a long drawn out discussion with celebrity about being prevented from entering usa. Celebrity view was not there problem and we could take a fcc less port fees that would be refunded. I opted to move the booking next year.

Here's hoping everyone stays safe

Staysure said no cover in a phone call. They are clear on their website they can cover “all but essential travel” but FCDO advice is against “all” cruise travel. Avanti in an email said “Unfortunately if the FCDO have advised against international cruises at time of travel the FCDO extension would not cover you to go. This is because the FCDO extension is for land based trips only.”

Edited by Stu UK

7 minutes ago, kittywife77 said:

Are you sure? It says add cruise cover at the start  

They are standard websites. Only way to be sure is to speak to them and ask them to put it in writing. Let’s hope FCDO change their advice soon 🤞

Some info - clearly not advice but my finding from a few calls and emails. Cedartree seem to offer policies underwritten by AXA. They say the key driver on their policy is the country FCDO advise and not the cruise specific advice. 

1 hour ago, Stu UK said:

Some info - clearly not advice but my finding from a few calls and emails. Cedartree seem to offer policies underwritten by AXA. They say the key driver on their policy is the country FCDO advise and not the cruise specific advice. 

Thanks for the info, I did indeed call them both to confirm. Avanti is a no, CedarTree is a yes... but Cyprus isn't covered. Let's hope the switch to Dubrovnik is a go.

Hi Stu

We are also in this position too with a late August cruise to the Med with Royal. Would be interested to know if you have any luck, I looked at Battleface but the issue seems to be with the cruising aspect as you said.

Please update if you have any luck with insurers and of course we will too.

Apex 28 August. Also fortunate we have still got an EHIC card which would cover a Cyprus issue I guess. That coupled with Cedartree and Celebrity covid-19 protection make me nearly relaxed 😌 

Celebrity cruise with confidence is a joke.  Take a FCC and pay twice as much next year, fair deal, think not.   Ask the question, why does FCDO advise against cruise travel at the moment. Just listen to the news, this pandemic is far from over.  I wouldn’t trust Insurance companies that offer wavers, they seldom paid up, always loopholes - read their small print. Cruising is a big, big risk for the foreseeable future.