NEW sailing guideline email from Carnival with link for Exemption

tantara

2 minutes ago, wemjam said:

I found it interesting that it specifically mentions non-vaccinated guests having to wear masks too (in certain circumstances).  I had not heard anything about that.  One more reason I personally would not cruise if not vaccinated.  Wearing a mask around does not sound like fun at all!  It was a good day when we got to take them off finally, that was like having a vacation right there!

Hadn’t heard this either, but makes sense now that in some of the recent horizon vlogs, there was carnival staff at the door of the piano bar and other venues before you went in. Someone was joking door police or gate keepers. Assuming they are checking compliance or capacity. 

If you got the email today:

"A request for one of these capacity-managed exemptions must be submitted within 48 hours of this email.  Requests will be processed after the booking is paid in full, in sailing date order, and once we have finalized the estimated vaccinated guest count."

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wemjam said:

I found it interesting that it specifically mentions non-vaccinated guests having to wear masks too (in certain circumstances).  I had not heard anything about that.  One more reason I personally would not cruise if not vaccinated.  Wearing a mask around does not sound like fun at all!  It was a good day when we got to take them off finally, that was like having a vacation right there!

Heard mask policy has not been enforced on the Vista, Horizon or Breeze with kids under 12, Although there are some adults choosing to wear them. 

3 minutes ago, CruzinKristin said:

Am I understanding correctly that if I apply for an exemption for my child, we would not be notified of acceptance/decline until 14 days before the sailing?

Essentially that is correct, they will notify you within 14 days.  Could be sooner, but no later than 14 days.  From what I have been seeing on these boards and JH page, a lot of people are getting their answers at the last minute right before they sail (so closer to that 14 days)

Yikes… We have a cruise scheduled in October for Fall Break. I’m thinking that I will probably go ahead and cancel.  It’s too risky to be notified at the last minute to only get denied.  It’s such a pain to deal with rescheduling flights and such.

Hopefully, 10 year olds will be eligible to be vaccinated by Christmas.

16 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Essentially that is correct, they will notify you within 14 days.  Could be sooner, but no later than 14 days.  From what I have been seeing on these boards and JH page, a lot of people are getting their answers at the last minute right before they sail (so closer to that 14 days)

Will you get a rejection letter if not selected for an exemption?

23 minutes ago, wemjam said:

How can they decide before 14 days if check in for many isn't until 14 days prior to sail date? I haven't been able to do the vaccine questionnaire & I check daily. Every time someone on here mentions changes or an email I check again but nothing ever. Except today's email. That I did finally receive. My sail date is in mid Sept 

8 minutes ago, babygrljaz said:

How can they decide before 14 days if check in for many isn't until 14 days prior to sail date? I haven't been able to do the vaccine questionnaire & I check daily. Every time someone on here mentions changes or an email I check again but nothing ever. Except today's email. That I did finally receive. My sail date is in mid Sept 

The approval for exemptions is being given around 2 weeks out because they are basing that on percentages I am sure, and they are requesting answers to the vaccination questions further out.  We got our request for the vaccination questions via email and it was required to be completed by July 13th (which was only about a 5 day window from when we received the email).  This was for our August 19th cruise... so over a month out.  

I imagine they are taking the number of vaccinated guests that are confirmed, and then issuing the appropriate number of exemptions from there (so closer to just 2 weeks before cruise) to meet the no more than 5%

If you cruise in Sept, you should watch for your email requesting vaccine info about a month (give or take) before your sail date.

Keep in mind the vaccination questions done a month out are different then the Health Assessment you have to do 72 hours before you sail.

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, wemjam said:

The approval for exemptions is being given around 2 weeks out because they are basing that on percentages I am sure, and they are requesting answers to the vaccination questions further out.  We got our request for the vaccination questions via email and it was required to be completed by July 13th (which was only about a 5 day window from when we received the email).  This was for our August 19th cruise... so over a month out.  

I imagine they are taking the number of vaccinated guests that are confirmed, and then issuing the appropriate number of exemptions from there (so closer to just 2 weeks before cruise) to meet the no more than 5%

If you cruise in Sept, you should watch for your email requesting vaccine info about a month (give or take) before your sail date.

I am checking daily. I used to have that notification off but I turned it on right before they restart so I wouldn't miss it. I made sure my kids have their contact info up to day with carnival as well. I don't want any of us to miss a thing 😁

1 hour ago, bdever said:

Heard mask policy has not been enforced on the Vista, Horizon or Breeze with kids under 12, Although there are some adults choosing to wear them. 

There's nothing to enforce. Masks are optional except in certain places.

1 hour ago, wemjam said:

That's the same policy that is in place right now. I just got of the Horizon and my daughter had an exemption.

Edited by lobster1313

2 minutes ago, bdever said:

That’s what I meant- not being enforced in any areas.

The warehouse and the spa were the only 2 areas requiring masks but they changed the spa to vaccinated only.  The warehouse had someone checking for masks when it was open which wasn't too often.  Masking for unvaccinated was something that I would have wanted to see on my cruise but I can't see Carnival doing that unless the CDC changes the requirements.

• Thanks 1

UNVACCINATED GUEST INFO  exemption is not working for me. I'm on the Sept 27th Miracle from Long Beach and it just says "Your booking does not qualify for the waitlist. Please verify your booking number and final payment." 

I paid in full and my cruise is on the list. I'm very confused. I have a 9 year old.

8 minutes ago, KyloRen said:

UNVACCINATED GUEST INFO  exemption is not working for me. I'm on the Sept 27th Miracle from Long Beach and it just says "Your booking does not qualify for the waitlist. Please verify your booking number and final payment." 

I paid in full and my cruise is on the list. I'm very confused. I have a 9 year old.

Hopefully it's just a glitch since all the Miracle sailings before that are 100% vaccinated.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bolt said:

Any idea what the max capacity ships are sailing at?

Less than 60%. We had 2600 on the Horizon and the capacity is about 5000. That's what the number they gave on the ship. They don't say the percentage 

Edited by lobster1313
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, KyloRen said:

Has the date for the final payment passed yet?  I couldn't request the exemption for my daughter until after the date of the final payment.

Edited by GirlDad
clarity

Just got this email as well. We are sailing with a 2 year old in Sept. I thought I read somewhere that under 12 does not have to pay for testing but I don't see that in the email? Has anyone else heard this?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, matymil said:

Just got this email as well. We are sailing with a 2 year old in Sept. I thought I read somewhere that under 12 does not have to pay for testing but I don't see that in the email? Has anyone else heard this?

That was only for exemptions approved before 7/2.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, matymil said:

Testing applies to children under 12, but not under two. With a two year old, you might get to slip under the radar, but I would plan for worst case scenario. And that is only if you get the exemption.

• Like 1