NEW sailing guideline email from Carnival with link for Exemption

tantara

9 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

Testing applies to children under 12, but not under two. With a two year old, you might get to slip under the radar, but I would plan for worst case scenario. And that is only if you get the exemption.

I'm definitely planning on him having to take the tests. We will definitely have him tested at least once before we go. 

27 minutes ago, lobster1313 said:

Less than 60%. We had 2600 on the Horizon and the capacity is about 5000. That's what the number they gave on the ship. They don't say the percentage 

Thank you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, matymil said:

Children not having to pay was for sailings before 7/2?

Approvals before 7/2.  My daughter's approved exemption email was from 6/21.  Carnival requires a PCR test 72 hours before boarding which is at the passengers expense.  My daughter's was covered by our health insurance.  Then there's one at the port prior to boarding and then one on the last day before arrival. It goes by birthday so if he's past his 2nd birthday he will have to have all 3 tests and you will be charged $150.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

Could be. But for those who want 100% vaccinated, they have to decide what percentage they can live with, and they have no real control over Carnival's percentage on the ship in the end. I would imagine that the longer they cruise and gain a comfort level, the higher they will make that percentage until they are pushing right at 5%.

Possible, but for now, keeping off unvaccinated 12+ should be a priority. Even helps with covid optics for any cases that may slip onboard. Unvaccinated adult cases are viewed much more critically than unvaccinated kids who aren't yet eligible. One invokes fear, the other sympathy. The lines need all they help they can get in the PR dept. Optics and public opinion is huge right now. They have enough enemies from all the crackpot environmentalists trying to make them look bad and the never cruisers who believe all cruising is "petri dishes" (Ugghh I get sick of hearing that). They need to keep things steady, smile gracefully and press-on. They take enough shots under the best of times. Now is certainly not the time for any bad press.         

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 5

Just now, HarveyCharles said:

For now the only percentage I’m comfortable with is ZERO! Sorry parents, leave the unvaccinated kids home. 

Again, not happening.

2 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Possible, but for now, keeping off unvaccinated 12+ should be a priority. Even helps with covid optics for any cases that may slip onboard. Unvaccinated adult cases are viewed much more critically than unvaccinated kids who aren't yet eligible. One invokes fear, the other sympathy. The lines need all they help they can get in the PR dept. Optics and public opinion is huge right now. They have enough enemies from all the crackpot environmentalists trying to make them look bad and the never cruisers who believe all cruising is "petri dishes" (Ugghh I get sick of hearing that). They need to keep things steady, smile gracefully and press-on. They take enough shots under the best of times. Now is certainly not the time for any bad press.         

I don't disagree with any of this.

There were a number of adults on the Horizon last week and they found out a couple of days before sailing.  There was a group of 4 right in front of us in the exemption line that already had airfare so they turned down the 1/2 off a future cruise offer.

4 hours ago, lazydayz said:

We saw one family of five, with three kids under 12 on our Horizon cruise.  

Also saw one baby, definitively under one.

There were quite a few family groups, but in most of those, the kids looked older than 12.  

It was not your typical Carnival demographic.  We were pleasantly surprised by how many cruisers were in the 18 to 30 year range.  

I didn't hear the final numbers, but my guess is that there were around 50 kids onboard.  

At least double that number.  

3 minutes ago, lobster1313 said:

There were a number of adults on the Horizon last week and they found out a couple of days before sailing.  There was a group of 4 right in front of us in the exemption line that already had airfare so they turned down the 1/2 off a future cruise offer.

Boy howdy. You're sure taking your chances on trying to sail without being vaccinated. :classic_ohmy:

I'm glad I checked out this thread.  I received the "exemption" email today with the scary "you must reply to the one question" thing and it made me nervous that I would miss it.  Good to know that I should see it in the next week.  👍

1 hour ago, HarveyCharles said:

I would prefer that unvaccinated kids stay home. They can cruise when Covid is behind us. 

Covid may never be behind us like the flu, its more than likely going to be around in some forever. Especially when so many people refuse to get vaccinated 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CruzinKristin said:

Hopefully, 10 year olds will be eligible to be vaccinated by Christmas.

I think there's a good chance there will be at least one approved vaccine available for that age group by Christmas.  But in order to get both shots and the waiting period done, you really need that approval by November 1.  This I'm less sure about.

• Like 1

The exemption form is not working for me. My details on the form are correct, cruise paid in full, cruise listed as one of those where exemptions are needed.  No idea why.  I've been on hold for an hour.  Any ideas, I'd appreciate them.

3 minutes ago, l1222 said:

The exemption form is not working for me. My details on the form are correct, cruise paid in full, cruise listed as one of those where exemptions are needed.  No idea why.  I've been on hold for an hour.  Any ideas, I'd appreciate them.

at least you got an email... I seem to get far and few emails from carnival. So, i called and left a message for my PVP about it and some other things. I just don't want my cruise to be cancelled up under me because i didn't get an email about this. I'm vaccinated as well as my partner.

Filled out the exemption form, is there anyway to confirm Carnival received it.  Also how do we answer the question on our booking aobut the unvaccinated.  the choices are either vaccinated, unvaccinated and have received an exemption letter, or unvaccinated and have not received an exemption letter.  If we chose the last will it kick out our request for an exemption?

I wouldn’t think so. The people who checked the other two options don’t need to still be considered for exemptions. It’s the people who are a) unvaccinated, and b) not yet holding a letter granting them an exemption, who need to have their application evaluated.

Edited by Noami

14 hours ago, HarveyCharles said:

I would prefer that unvaccinated kids stay home. They can cruise when Covid is behind us. 

You can not possibly think that COVID is going away... It is a virus that continually mutates like the flu... it isn't going to just 'be behind us.' 

• Like 1

I have 2 children under 12 and have submitted application for exception. I saw today a Health Assessment where I need to answer for all 4 of us if we are vaccinated or not. Wife and I are good to go but what option do i select for the kids?

I am waiting to see if we qualify for exemption for our kids and I'm not sure if i should wait longer as our sail date is not until October.

Thanks.

27 minutes ago, valenrandy said:

I have 2 children under 12 and have submitted application for exception. I saw today a Health Assessment where I need to answer for all 4 of us if we are vaccinated or not. Wife and I are good to go but what option do i select for the kids?

I am waiting to see if we qualify for exemption for our kids and I'm not sure if i should wait longer as our sail date is not until October.

Thanks.

that was my question also.  Naomi responded up above

2 minutes ago, valenrandy said:

I see that now, I'll select the second NO option the one that states we do not have an exemption letter.

Thanks.

that s what i am going to do also, it appears you can change it.  so since we are not sailing for 3 months good to know.

Edited by mandmcruise

1 hour ago, mandmcruise said:

Filled out the exemption form, is there anyway to confirm Carnival received it.  Also how do we answer the question on our booking aobut the unvaccinated.  the choices are either vaccinated, unvaccinated and have received an exemption letter, or unvaccinated and have not received an exemption letter.  If we chose the last will it kick out our request for an exemption?

No way to confirm without calling but I took a screen shot.

The system is so glitch that I wouldn't fill the health assessment now because it's been coming on and off for the last few weeks.  It happened a few times for my last sailing and it kept resetting.