Room Upgrade

I am going on the Mariner of the Seas in May for a Western Caribbean cruise for my honeymoon. We currently have a balcony booked on the seventh floor and are considering upgrading to a junior suite. Just wanted to get some opinions on upgrading to a junior suite. It would be to the ninth floor right in the middle of the hump. Thanks in advance for the help.

If money is not an issue I would upgrade. The JS is about 299 sq ft vs 206 sq ft for a D1. Thats 45% larger. The extra space is in width and includes a nice walk-in closet. The balcony is wider as well with 65 sq ft vs 42 sq ft.

What's the difference in price? Would you be comfortable spending that much or would it put you in debt? Would you be happier shopping with the extra money or applying it towards another cruise? If money is no object, I guess I would choose the JS.

We just returned from a cruise on the Mariner and we had a D3 balcony on deck six. It was plenty big for us, really quite a nice cabin. It had storage that we didn't even use. Our friends were on their first cruise and they said their room was bigger and nicer than they had expected.

No matter what you pick, it will be a wonderful cruise. Best wishes for your wedding and new life.

For a honeymoon, might as well go all out and book a JS or higher.

Remember, hopefully this will be the one and only honeymoon and you will enjoy the bigger cabin after a wedding.

I would say go for it..... you only live once. You will not regret it.

Deck 9 Mid hump is a great location!!! I think I would go for it if the price isn't a whole lot more.

Where on the ship is the deck 7 balcony?

We stayed in a deck 8 balcony right in front of the hump on our honeymoon and we loved it although at first glance we were in shock by how small it was (it was our first cruise)...by the end of the cruise we were used to it. The only problem with the E balcony cabins (I'm not sure if all the cabins on the Mariner are set up this way or not) is that the bathroom door opens up against the closet and the door to the hall. So, be careful when you step out of the bathroom, I almost knocked my DH out (he was getting his Tux out of the closet as I was coming out of the bathroom :eek: ) it is a very tight spot right there.

Not a big deal though.

Like I said before, if it wasn't a huge difference I would switch (simply because it is a great location)...some people say that they were able to take advantage of the "suite amenities" with the Jr. Suite (like priority embarkation, etc), that alone is worth a little price increase. Plus, as someone else said you would be entitled to 2 C&A credits which would come in handy if you want to sail RCCL more often.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I think we would realy enjoy having the extra space so I think we are going to do it. I did not have a chance to get with my travel agent today and when I checked a minute ago one of the two junior suites I was looking at on the ninth floor was not coming up anymore. That does not necessarily mean it is unavailable now though. I plan to call the TA in the moring.

Guest cruzr44
Thanks everyone for the replies. I think we would realy enjoy having the extra space so I think we are going to do it. I did not have a chance to get with my travel agent today and when I checked a minute ago one of the two junior suites I was looking at on the ninth floor was not coming up anymore. That does not necessarily mean it is unavailable now though. I plan to call the TA in the moring.

If you go to the RC web site you can put a cabin on hold for 24 hours. Just before you call your TA, cancel that so the switch can be made. I would also go for the JS, especially if it were my honeymoon. Best Wishes!!

Archived