Travel docs and Health Questionnaire.

Mahseer

We are booked on the Divina for September 19th. I had an e-mail saying to immediately fill in the web check-in passenger forms as well as the health questionnaire. I filled in the data but it keeps saying

'Your travel documents are not ready yet. You haven’t filled all the necessary information for the passenger of the cruise, the documents will be ready as soon as you provide al the data needed.'

I have treble checked the data and all is correct. Could it be that the travel docs are genuinely not ready yet? If so, why am I being asked to fill in the Health form immediately?

I have the exact same thing. I'm guessing it is the excellent MSC web site design that we've all come to know and love.

Actually, I have 3 cruises booked with them...1 tells me I'm good and the other 2 show what yours shows.

• Like 1

I received MSC check in email also for October dates, I think they are checking to make sure you have supplied vaccination status, my understating is docs are not available till about 20 days before sailing date.

I'm quite confused - another MSC Board thread also is talking about uploading photos and documents. I can see no area in which to do either, and not in a position to be waiting on the phone for hours with MSC until next week. 

Our cruise is on the Divina on Sept 26th and would love to know if anyone gets any updated info on this - many thanks in advance! 

Warmest, Amy

17 minutes ago, amygutman said:

I'm quite confused - another MSC Board thread also is talking about uploading photos and documents. I can see no area in which to do either, and not in a position to be waiting on the phone for hours with MSC until next week. 

Our cruise is on the Divina on Sept 26th and would love to know if anyone gets any updated info on this - many thanks in advance! 

Warmest, Amy

When you do web checkin, one of the screens lets you upload a photo.

However, it doesn't really matter what you upload...they'll take another one when you check in in person.

On 7/22/2021 at 12:04 AM, alyssamma said:

When you do web checkin, one of the screens lets you upload a photo.

However, it doesn't really matter what you upload...they'll take another one when you check in in person.

I've looked all over the check-in web page - no luck. Another thread suggested clicking on the black photo circle...no luck. 

I'm a bit frustrated, and just want to make sure I'm doing everything right. Have blocked off a 2 hour time on sunday before work to see if I can get help from their cruise consultants (last time I was only on hold for 45 minutes, so crossing fingers)....

36 minutes ago, amygutman said:

I've looked all over the check-in web page - no luck. Another thread suggested clicking on the black photo circle...no luck. 

I'm a bit frustrated, and just want to make sure I'm doing everything right. Have blocked off a 2 hour time on sunday before work to see if I can get help from their cruise consultants (last time I was only on hold for 45 minutes, so crossing fingers)....

Are you using the US site?

If so, Web Check in -> Edit Info -> Scroll to bottom of page -> Buttons to upload of use your computer to take a photo...

Edited by alyssamma

On 7/23/2021 at 4:23 AM, amygutman said:

Msc app has been playing up for a couple of weeks. Yesterday was first day it let me get e-tickets. I’ve got 14 days before sailing. 

On 7/21/2021 at 11:24 PM, Shippy said:

We got our tickets & luggage tags over a week ago for our Sept. 25th cruise.

I also have had my tickets for about a week, I embark 4th September,  even though it states that my TA will get the tickets first and then email them to me. Not very helpful but demonstrates inconsistencies.

I sail on the Seashore out of Naples, Italy on September 27. Same problem as the OP. I don't see a "health questionnaire" anywhere on the US MSC site. I spent 20 minutes on hold with MSC this morning...I'll try again Monday. Still need to add the "required" travel protection, as well (my booking agent told me that it wasn't necessary!)

On 7/23/2021 at 12:58 AM, alyssamma said:

Are you using the US site?

If so, Web Check in -> Edit Info -> Scroll to bottom of page -> Buttons to upload of use your computer to take a photo...

You are too kind - tried it...no button. 

Even turned off my VPN (our home address is in the US, but we currently live in Bermuda on a work assignment)...no luck

But I really appreciate your suggestion. I notice that you have a lot of helpful info on the MSC boards. We are seasoned cruisers but this is our first MSC cruise so these Boards are so helpful (I wish the MSC live phone lines were as easy to use!)

Warmest, Amy

16 hours ago, amygutman said:

You are too kind - tried it...no button. 

Even turned off my VPN (our home address is in the US, but we currently live in Bermuda on a work assignment)...no luck

But I really appreciate your suggestion. I notice that you have a lot of helpful info on the MSC boards. We are seasoned cruisers but this is our first MSC cruise so these Boards are so helpful (I wish the MSC live phone lines were as easy to use!)

Warmest, Amy

Thanks 🙂

What do you see when you click on edit info? Also, are you using this on the phone or laptop? And also, can you confirm you are using the US site?

55 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Thanks 🙂

What do you see when you click on edit info? Also, are you using this on the phone or laptop? And also, can you confirm you are using the US site?

Hi all, I was told Msc are having issues with their website and app. If you booked with a TA, get them to check all your details are showing correct and ask them to email you the tickets and docs. If you booked direct unfortunately you will need to wait on hold until you can speak to someone. I know it’s incredibly frustrating. 

5 hours ago, wirral36 said:

Hi all, I was told Msc are having issues with their website and app. If you booked with a TA, get them to check all your details are showing correct and ask them to email you the tickets and docs. If you booked direct unfortunately you will need to wait on hold until you can speak to someone. I know it’s incredibly frustrating. 

I turned off my VPN - which turns me to the European site of MSC, so I am thinking that I am actually on the US site with the VPN on. 

Although I have used a TA for 95% of my cruise bookings, I made this one on my own - sadly...will be waiting on hold for a while!

My TA did however do my next MSC booking so maybe I can have him do the waiting for the next issue!

12 minutes ago, amygutman said:

I turned off my VPN - which turns me to the European site of MSC, so I am thinking that I am actually on the US site with the VPN on. 

Although I have used a TA for 95% of my cruise bookings, I made this one on my own - sadly...will be waiting on hold for a while!

My TA did however do my next MSC booking so maybe I can have him do the waiting for the next issue!

So, do you see the "Edit Info" button? And if so, what happens when you click on it? Do you see all of your personal info to edit?

On 7/21/2021 at 6:24 PM, Shippy said:

Did you get a time for when you are supposed to arrive at the pier? I'm on the same cruise and checked in but I haven't received my tickets yet. 

We sail on Divina Sept. 16th. Web check-in completed. Can't download documents. Called MSC, they tried to send them to me. Did not work. The young lady I spoke with tried a number of different things to release our documents and had no luck. She said sometimes they wait until 20 days out before documents can be downloaded. FYI, I work for a travel agency.

Edited by eagletwo

On 7/26/2021 at 9:12 PM, eagletwo said:

We sail on Divina Sept. 16th. Web check-in completed. Can't download documents. Called MSC, they tried to send them to me. Did not work. The young lady I spoke with tried a number of different things to release our documents and had no luck. She said sometimes they wait until 20 days out before documents can be downloaded. FYI, I work for a travel agency.

Seems some people are getting their documents immediately sent to them via email. My cruise is on the 9/25 and the website it telling me I have to wait until 20 days out. No rhyme or reason why some are getting their docs yet other have to wait.

• 1 year later...

May 2, 2023

We could not download edocs or photos after finishing our sign in for MSC Poesia. We had to leave for Europe without documents. No problem getting onboard in Civitacavecchia. Never had to complete a health questionnaire. Only mixup was bags. I got an email saying I had not been upgraded so I gave the crew my original room number for bags. I actually had been upgraded (no notification whatsoever from company) so we had to go to guest services to fix that. Also, canapés we ordered were not good (dry, tasteless) but wine was fine.

On 7/21/2021 at 6:24 PM, Shippy said:

Are these things they email you?  or do you have to log onto their website and hunt down?

May 3, 2023

We had to go to msccruises.com and create accounts for each traveler, then add booking confirmation number for site to recognize us. After that we were able to complete check in, but we could not print documents. We are on our cruise now but I have never received an email telling us to do any of this. We also never got luggage tags since those would be part of edocs. Since we got upgraded to a different room we gave the wrong room number at baggage dropoff, then had to go to guest services to straighten that out. It is all sorted now but was frustrating at the time. I am glad we have cruised before on other lines and knew who to talk to.

May 2, 2023

We could not download edocs or photos after finishing our sign in for MSC Poesia. We had to leave for Europe without documents. No problem getting onboard in Civitacavecchia. Never had to complete a health questionnaire. Only mixup was bags. I got an email saying I had not been upgraded so I gave the crew my original room number for bags. I actually had been upgraded (no notification whatsoever from company) so we had to go to guest services to fix that. Also, canapés we ordered were not good (dry, tasteless) but wine was fine.