Platinum/Diamond Online Check-In

EdmundXXIII

I'm booked on the Horizon for the August 15th cruse. So stoked to cruise again!

It will be my first cruise as a Platinum guest, and I had a question about the early online check-in...

According to Carnival's website: "All guests will need to complete Online Check-In, which will open 14 days prior to sailing. Platinum and Diamond guests will be given two days advance access to select their preferred Arrival Appointment."

However, on the Cruise Manager page, it shows Online Check-In as being available starting on August 1st, which is 14 days prior to sailing. Shouldn't it be July 30, or am I missing something?

I'm hoping to schedule the earliest possible boarding time, to maximize our vacation!

Thanks so much if anyone has experience with this and knows the answer!

I turn platinum on the next cruise. My check in is also 14 days from embarkation. A friend in a similar situation got his check in capability 16 days before. When I asked John Heald he said I would not get early check in. We shall see what happens. Our cruise is Oct. 30

13 minutes ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

I turn platinum on the next cruise. My check in is also 14 days from embarkation. A friend in a similar situation got his check in capability 16 days before. When I asked John Heald he said I would not get early check in. We shall see what happens. Our cruise is Oct. 30

In the past, all VIFP benefits were given on the cruise on which you turned that level. I would be a bummer if Carnival chose not to give the early check-in time to those who are turning Platinum during the cruise.

• Like 4

Just now, Timeout2cruise said:

We will be sailing on August 7th, and checked in today at 12:01am.  haha

So, that is 16 days and we are platinum. Hope this helps. 

Prior to today, did your cruise manager list today as when it would be available, or did it just sort of pop up as available at 12:01?

1 minute ago, EdmundXXIII said:

In the past, all VIFP benefits were given on the cruise on which you turned that level. I would be a bummer if Carnival chose not to give the early check-in time to those who are turning Platinum during the cruise.

I don't remember them ever giving the benefits for the new level while on the cruise in which you turn that level.  Maybe someone else will come along and correct me, but, I do remember this being an issue with one of my sons and they were told no, it doesn't apply until the first full cruise under that level.  Even a back2back they wouldn't allow it.

Just now, tarps14 said:

I don't remember them ever giving the benefits for the new level while on the cruise in which you turn that level.  Maybe someone else will come along and correct me, but, I do remember this being an issue with one of my sons and they were told no, it doesn't apply until the first full cruise under that level.  Even a back2back they wouldn't allow it.

In the past, it's been the benefits apply beginning the cruise on which you turn the new level. So, for example, in my cruise documents, it lists me as Platinum.

• Like 2

I turn platinum on my next cruise on September 18. My documents and my luggage tags show me as platinum. However, my check in date in my planner is September 4, NOT 16 days out. I really hope it will let me check in on September 2!

Edited by tcrutchf
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tarps14 said:

On Carnival you earn all the perks of the loyalty benefits on the cruise you reach status. At least in the past.

3 minutes ago, tarps14 said:

Even a back2back they wouldn't allow it.

If you link the 2 cruises together you could reach the next loyalty level on the first of the b2b. I have seen mixed results here regarding this. YMMV

• Like 3

Someone in my 9/4/21 Horizon FB roll call said that they were turning Platinum during the cruise, but had the 14 day check-in instead of the 16 day.  This person said they were able to call their PVP and get it adjusted to 16 days.  I don't know this for a fact, just what I read.  Good Luck and welcome to the Platinum club!

Edited by kids-in-2-centuries
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, kids-in-2-centuries said:

said that they were turning Platinum during the cruise, but had the 16 day check-in instead of the 14 day.  This person said they were able to call their PVP and get it adjusted to 14 days.

Why would they do that?

6 minutes ago, kids-in-2-centuries said:

Someone in my 9/4/21 Horizon FB roll call said that they were turning Platinum during the cruise, but had the 14 day check-in instead of the 16 day.  This person said they were able to call their PVP and get it adjusted to 16 days.  I don't know this for a fact, just what I read.  Good Luck and welcome to the Platinum club!

That's helpful! I'll ask my travel agent to ask about it if he's on the phone with Carnival sometime this week. Definitely don't want to make a call (or ask him to) only for this, though. I've heard wait times are 2+ hours on the phone!

• Like 1

Just now, EdmundXXIII said:

That's helpful! I'll ask my travel agent to ask about it if he's on the phone with Carnival sometime this week. Definitely don't want to make a call (or ask him to) only for this, though. I've heard wait times are 2+ hours on the phone!

I was on the phone with Carnival today for 3 hours and 45 minutes, 2 1/2 hours were just waiting for someone to answer...I called around 9:30 last night and only waited a few minutes...BUT I got my issue mostly resolved 🙂

If you turn platinum during the cruise that you are booked on you automatically have those benefits available to you on day one. That being said there is no priority embarkation for platinum. Them allowing you to check in two days ahead of the general population will allow you an earlier arrival time to the pier.

5 minutes ago, Mike Dante said:

If you turn platinum during the cruise that you are booked on you automatically have those benefits available to you on day one. That being said there is no priority embarkation for platinum. Them allowing you to check in two days ahead of the general population will allow you an earlier arrival time to the pier.

Yup. My question was about accessing the check-in early. It's not appearing on the website early for me.

36 minutes ago, EdmundXXIII said:

In the past, it's been the benefits apply beginning the cruise on which you turn the new level. So, for example, in my cruise documents, it lists me as Platinum.

This was our experience when we turned Platinum as well.  😁 For comparison, RCL made us wait until the next cruise to begin taking advantage of the perks of turning Platinum - booooo!!!!  OP - welcome to Platinum and HAVE A WONDERFUL CRUISE!  🚢

1 minute ago, LHARTWICK said:

This was our experience when we turned Platinum as well.  😁 For comparison, RCL made us wait until the next cruise to begin taking advantage of the perks of turning Platinum - booooo!!!!  OP - welcome to Platinum and HAVE A WONDERFUL CRUISE!  🚢

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Mike Dante said:

Before the Wu Hu Flu Suites/Diamonds/Platinum were all PRIORITY on boarding passes and luggage tags and boarded first. At most ports they had a different door into the terminal. The rest of the passengers received a check-in time.  Now the docs are Diamond and Platinum, but still regarded as priority. The lowly Platinums are still VIPs For both Platinum and Diamond I had the status when i went on even though I turned to that level days later. For one I was doing a B2B and got the new level for the first leg even though I gained my new level during the 2nd. But that was years ago.

2 hours ago, EdmundXXIII said:

I'm booked on the Horizon for the August 15th cruse. So stoked to cruise again!

It will be my first cruise as a Platinum guest, and I had a question about the early online check-in...

According to Carnival's website: "All guests will need to complete Online Check-In, which will open 14 days prior to sailing. Platinum and Diamond guests will be given two days advance access to select their preferred Arrival Appointment."

However, on the Cruise Manager page, it shows Online Check-In as being available starting on August 1st, which is 14 days prior to sailing. Shouldn't it be July 30, or am I missing something?

I'm hoping to schedule the earliest possible boarding time, to maximize our vacation!

Thanks so much if anyone has experience with this and knows the answer!

I will reach platinum on my August cruise.  I originally had the 14 day check in.  However, I called Carnival and worked my way through customer service people (it took over an hour) until I got to a supervisor who was able to change it.  She said they got some type of email that day regarding this situation and that they couldn't just change the date, they had to upgrade my status to platinum.  I thought it already was upgraded because my original paperwork had platinum on it and platinum benefits begin on day 1 of a cruise in which the person is reaching platinum.  But it appears their check-in system still had me as gold.  Anyway, she took care of it for me and now my check in date is 16 days prior to boarding.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I will reach platinum on my August cruise.  I originally had the 14 day check in.  However, I called Carnival and worked my way through customer service people (it took over an hour) until I got to a supervisor who was able to change it.  She said they got some type of email that day regarding this situation and that they couldn't just change the date, they had to upgrade my status to platinum.  I thought it already was upgraded because my original paperwork had platinum on it and platinum benefits begin on day 1 of a cruise in which the person is reaching platinum.  But it appears their check-in system still had me as gold.  Anyway, she took care of it for me and now my check in date is 16 days prior to boarding.

I turn Platinum on my next cruise as well but I'm listed as Gold on check in and my check in date is 14 days out, not 16. I haven't worried overly much, I hope I get the right pin- LOL and ideally I wouldn't mind an early check in as I'll be at the port early but I'll roll with it whatever happens in this case I guess. 

• Like 2

I turn Platinum on my next cruise, so I called Carnival a week or two before check-in opened, and they adjusted my status from Gold to Platinum. Within 24 hours it showed up on my Carnival profile and the check-in date changed to 16 days before. BTW, I checked in at Midnight (16 days before departure), and was able to get the 10:30-11:00 am arrival window. The ability to get the perks of the next VIFP level from the beginning of the cruise where you achieve the new level is awesome. Thanks Carnival!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EdmundXXIII said:

If it lists you as Platinum in your cruise documents, then you should receive all Platinum benefits including being able to check in on day 16 prior.  I would call guest services, explain your situation and escalate it to a supervisor to get the check in date bumped up two days for you so you can get a 1030 or 1100 check in.

• Like 1