Murano or Tuscan GRille on Equinox?

sunsetme

I prefer Murano, but there are times when Tuscan is great. The view is Tuscan is spectacular, so if it a big anniversary or special occasion or you are leaving Santorini there is nothing better. Murano has great food and its own decor but for a special occasion we will take Tuscan. One other suggestion due lunches on sea days in both and then come back to the one you like at end of the cruise. 

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

The meal starts with an ‘amuse bouche’ (Tasty spoonful) followed by...

starter

entree

cheese

dessert

coffee/sweets

Add a small gap between each course and time for some dishes to be prepared tableside. Sit back in comfortable chairs sipping  wines matched to each course. Enjoy a port with your cheese selection and a liqueur with coffee...It is not a meal to rush, it is a meal to savour. 

We are aware we spend more time dining in Murano’s than in most other restaurants but it never feels like time wasted. We always order one or two items with some tableside preparation, it does add an element of ‘entertainment’ to the meal...

I suggest you give it a go and do not look at your watch, just go with the relaxing flow...

Thanks for the feedback…I may give it a go next week…they seem to be offering a 5 course with wine pairings for $89 pp. thoughts? 

4 hours ago, LMHSRN said:

I just like to put them on notice. I am not trying to get a free meal. I find by putting them on notice they pay a bit more attention to what ends up on the plate. They want those positive comments on the survey and when you speak with them, they know you know their name!

This thread has been exceedingly interesting to us.

We believe -- with 100% certainty -- that the following are true:

..... (1)  If every experienced cruiser in the world -- including all the folks who have never cruised on a Celebrity ship -- were to have a chance to dine in both Murano and Tuscan Grille, the majority (perhaps even the great majority) would say that they preferred Tuscan Grille.

..... (2)  If every cruiser in the world that has ever already dined in both Murano and Tuscan Grille could be polled, the majority (perhaps even the great majority) would say that they preferred Tuscan Grille.

What, then, are we to make of the fact that -- on this thread -- the vast majority [maybe 17 out of 20?] of all the CruiseCritic members participating in this quasi-poll have expressed a preference for Murano?  How could those numbers have been obtained -- in absolute defiance of the odds?  Those questions are easy for us to answer!  The simple fact is that -- as we have known, through observation, for over a decade -- the "regulars" here (on the Celebrity board/forum) are ...

.... (1) not really representative of the cruising public as a whole, and .... (2) not really even representative of Celebrity's clientele as a whole!

When we saw the OP's question, we knew that the result was a "foregone conclusion."  We're sure that at least a few of you can figure out why the Tuscan Grille [TG] would be preferred by both (1) a majority of the public at large and (2) a majority of Celebrity's past guests. 

We could explain, in a good bit of detail, why TG would be so preferred in those imaginary polls ... but we won't do that, because we don't want to participate in a heated battle of words with those who would disagree! 

Why, then, did we construct a post that could be so controversial?  It was for this reason:  Some non-members (and some new members of CruiseCritic) may be reading this thread now -- or may read it in the future -- and we thought that it would be good for them to know that the great majority of "regulars" here are not average/typical cruisers.

8 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Thanks for the feedback…I may give it a go next week…they seem to be offering a 5 course with wine pairings for $89 pp. thoughts? 

If you look at the five senses menu there is nothing on it that isn’t on the standard menu. You basically have two starters, two mains and one dessert. This is good in that you get a taste of more menu items. However, my personal favourites are not on the taster menu nor do any items on the five senses menu have any tableside preparation. I suggest you look at both the general menu and the five senses menu side by side and see which items you would prefer. 

If you have a premium wine package they will be able to pair wines for you within it for the standard menu at no additional cost.  Alternatively you can ask (perhaps for your entree) for them to offer something better ($5/$10? per glass) above the package. We have on several occasions now in both Murano’s and Tuscan simply asked the sommelier to suggest wine pairings for both our starters and entree. It has widened our experience and as they always give you a sip to taste first you can always ask them to offer an alternative...

Whatever menu you choose I am sure you will enjoy! 

Edited by chemmo

41 minutes ago, chemmo said:

If you look at the five senses menu there is nothing on it that isn’t on the standard menu. You basically have two starters, two mains and one dessert. This is good in that you get a taste of more menu items. However, my personal favourites are not on the taster menu nor do any items on the five senses menu have any tableside preparation. I suggest you look at both the general menu and the five senses menu side by side and see which items you would prefer. 

If you have a premium wine package they will be able to pair wines for you within it for the standard menu at no additional cost.  Alternatively you can ask (perhaps for your entree) for them to offer something better ($5/$10? per glass) above the package. We have on several occasions now in both Murano’s and Tuscan simply asked the sommelier to suggest wine pairings for both our starters and entree. It has widened our experience and as they always give you a sip to taste first you can always ask them to offer an alternative...

Whatever menu you choose I am sure you will enjoy! 

Correction to my post...too late to edit...3 starters, 1 entree, I dessert on five senses menu.

9 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Sorry, hope this correction to my first post makes sense...

12 hours ago, jg51 said:

This thread has been exceedingly interesting to us.

We believe -- with 100% certainty -- that the following are true:

..... (1)  If every experienced cruiser in the world -- including all the folks who have never cruised on a Celebrity ship -- were to have a chance to dine in both Murano and Tuscan Grille, the majority (perhaps even the great majority) would say that they preferred Tuscan Grille.

..... (2)  If every cruiser in the world that has ever already dined in both Murano and Tuscan Grille could be polled, the majority (perhaps even the great majority) would say that they preferred Tuscan Grille.

Not sure what leads you to believe this with 100% certainty, but believe away.

• Like 2