European Cruises

Clarabella_Baby

Soooooo.....I'm getting incredibly nervous that I will not be able to take my booked cruises this fall as I am "unvaccinated" having gotten the AstraZeneca/Pfizer mix.

I'm not comfortable sneaking somewhere to get a third vaccine.  And I am quickly losing my optimism that this might be sorted out by the time I cruise this fall.

I've heard that the European cruises are allowing our 'mix' of vaccines.

Does anyone have a cruise line or specific cruise that might be good for me to look into?  I'm considering cancelling my north american cruises and booking something in Europe.

Some deets.....I usually cruise solo on Holland America.

Thanks in advance for any insight or advice.

19 minutes ago, Clarabella_Baby said:

Soooooo.....I'm getting incredibly nervous that I will not be able to take my booked cruises this fall as I am "unvaccinated" having gotten the AstraZeneca/Pfizer mix.

I'm not comfortable sneaking somewhere to get a third vaccine.  And I am quickly losing my optimism that this might be sorted out by the time I cruise this fall.

Does anyone have a cruise line or specific cruise that might be good for me to look into?  I'm considering cancelling my north american cruises and booking something in Europe.

Right now Holland America is requiring all passengers to be fully vaccinated. Unfortunately 2 doses and 14 days after last dose and mixing AZ with any other ones is not recognized as vaccinated. We are booked on a Oct TA from Venice to Ft Lauderdale. There is requirements to have proof of vaccination and use of QR code and/or documentation at each port.

On this cruise there seems to be a lot of singles wanting to cruise.

Pricing on cruises don't seem to be dropping at all. I guess it depends on the capacity HAL is allowing. Rumours is 60%.  

The mix they are suggesting is the two Mondera and Pzitfer. AZ is not recognized by Carnival Corp as it is not approved by FDA for use in US. Other countries widely use AZ. 

2 minutes ago, lostinparadise999 said:

Right now Holland America is requiring all passengers to be fully vaccinated. Unfortunately 2 doses and 14 days after last dose and mixing AZ with any other ones is not recognized as vaccinated. We are booked on a Oct TA from Venice to Ft Lauderdale. There is requirements to have proof of vaccination and use of QR code and/or documentation at each port.

On this cruise there seems to be a lot of singles wanting to cruise.

Pricing on cruises don't seem to be dropping at all. I guess it depends on the capacity HAL is allowing. Rumours is 60%.  

The mix they are suggesting is the two Mondera and Pzitfer. AZ is not recognized by Carnival Corp as it is not approved by FDA for use in US. Other countries widely use AZ. 

Sorry I wasn't clear.

I know I will not be able to cruise on Holland America and was wondering if anyone knew of a different cruise line or itinerary in perhaps Europe that would allow my mix of vaccines.

18 minutes ago, Clarabella_Baby said:

Sorry I wasn't clear.

I know I will not be able to cruise on Holland America and was wondering if anyone knew of a different cruise line or itinerary in perhaps Europe that would allow my mix of vaccines.

Celebrity seems to allow mixed doses.  However you have to log in to the us site to see it.   They have a cruise out of uk and greece that you could take.  You will need to confirm it with them to be sure.

56 minutes ago, broberts said:

I think it is just a matter of time. Time to collect sufficient data that supports the efficacy of mixed vaccines separated by more than 40 days.

'matter of time" - range 1 day to infinity....

• Haha 1

The CDC only regulates US departure ports.

Cunard is using a European company to check for vaccine requirements and from what I read it sounds like they are allowing the mixing of vaccines as per what occured in the U.K.

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/frequently-asked-questions.All.faq646.summary

Celebrity also allows AZ and Moderna/Pfizer for their European cruises.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/healthy-at-sea/faqs

Disney is not requiring vaccines at all.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

The CDC only regulates US departure ports.

Cunard is using a European company to check for vaccine requirements and from what I read it sounds like they are allowing the mixing of vaccines as per what occured in the U.K.

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/frequently-asked-questions.All.faq646.summary

Celebrity also allows AZ and Moderna/Pfizer for their European cruises.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/healthy-at-sea/faqs

Disney is not requiring vaccines at all.

Same for Holland America as well for Europe.  On a call with Princess today, they said that they would not allow the mix of AZ and mRNA vaccines, because of CDC restrictions.

Jan Swartz is the President of both Holland American and Princess.  Would they have two different policies for the same region?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Clarabella_Baby said:

I have the same AZ/Pf mixed vaccine, I'm looking at changing my cruise to Celebrity Apex out of Greece in September. You can see the travel requirement on this link https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/healthy-at-sea/greece-travel-requirements

The AZ/Pf mix is accepted on this cruise

Celebrity Cruises Requirements

• All guests 16 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. As of August 1, 2021, all guests age 12 and older must be fully vaccinated.  Acceptable proof of vaccination must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by the country’s health authority or healthcare provider that administered the vaccination. Crew members onboard will be vaccinated.
  • Following CDC guidelines, Celebrity will consider a guest fully vaccinated with proof of vaccination that can include mixed doses of the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines. Guests sailing on Celebrity Apex sailing from Athens can have mixed doses that include AstraZeneca as long as the AstraZeneca dose is administered first, and then either the Pfizer or Moderna dose within 8-12 weeks. No other mixed vaccine doses will be accepted.   
  • Celebrity will administer a complimentary antigen test at the terminal to all guests 6 months and older.  On some sailings, unvaccinated children under age 16, and under age 12 beginning August 1st, will be required to take a complimentary PCR test that takes about 40 minutes to complete. .
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tert333 said:

Silly. Over 1 million Canadians have mixed vaccinations. Unless our infection rate starts to deviate significantly from more regular vaccinations it should be less than 3 months.

7 hours ago, broberts said:

Silly. Over 1 million Canadians have mixed vaccinations. Unless our infection rate starts to deviate significantly from more regular vaccinations it should be less than 3 months.

I wish you were right, but would not put a plan together based on your forecast.   Could very well be into 2022 or later before they recognize mixed vaccines.  The CDC has not vested interest in this issue as they do not have any citizens that have mixed AZ and mRNA vaccines.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tert333 said:

Right!  I'm concerned with the fact that we have no idea when this might get fixed.  And I miss cruising!  

So I'll try Europe maybe.  A good excuse to get my butt over the ocean.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LouTheGlue said:

I have the same AZ/Pf mixed vaccine, I'm looking at changing my cruise to Celebrity Apex out of Greece in September. You can see the travel requirement on this link https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/healthy-at-sea/greece-travel-requirements

The AZ/Pf mix is accepted on this cruise

Thank you!  I'll look into this one.  Greece would be amazing!

1 hour ago, tert333 said:

I wish you were right, but would not put a plan together based on your forecast.   Could very well be into 2022 or later before they recognize mixed vaccines.  The CDC has not vested interest in this issue as they do not have any citizens that have mixed AZ and mRNA vaccines.

Right?!?  So I'm going to go where my vacation dollar is accepted, instead of sitting around waiting for the situation to change.  

2 hours ago, tert333 said:

I definitely agree about waiting for clarity before committing to anything.

12 hours ago, tert333 said:

Same for Holland America as well for Europe.  On a call with Princess today, they said that they would not allow the mix of AZ and mRNA vaccines, because of CDC restrictions.

Jan Swartz is the President of both Holland American and Princess.  Would they have two different policies for the same region?

Where did you got the information for HAL ? I tried to contact the support but they did not answer 😶, also my TA just forward my requests to HAL with no answer in 10 days meanwhile. Would be happy to see, that HAL is using for Europe other rules than for cruises from US ports.

Thanks a lot

7 minutes ago, Annika2900 said:

Where did you got the information for HAL ? I tried to contact the support but they did not answer 😶, also my TA just forward my requests to HAL with no answer in 10 days meanwhile. Would be happy to see, that HAL is using for Europe other rules than for cruises from US ports.

Thanks a lot

Here is the link:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/worry-free-promise/travel-well.html#FAQ

Let me know if you dont see it.

3 hours ago, tert333 said:

Here is the link:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/worry-free-promise/travel-well.html#FAQ

Let me know if you dont see it.

Thank you so much. I found it now. This let me sing and dance right now, cause we have mixed vaccines and are booked on the Eurodam on the 15th of August. So happy we can go 😃. Thank you !!!

On 7/27/2021 at 4:29 PM, Clarabella_Baby said:

Sorry I wasn't clear.

For Canadians and international cruisers. 

I was on HAL FAQ. HAL has changed their position on what is fully vaccinated::

For cruises departing outside of the United States, you may be regarded as fully vaccinated if you have received your first dose of AstraZeneca followed by a single dose of mRNA vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) to complete the 2-dose series.

• Like 1