Confused- I have 2 questions.

curtsfan

We are sailing on the August 21st sailing on the Edge and I’m confused about the disembarkment Covid protocol on the return to Ft Lauderdale.  Are Vaccinated passengers required to have a Covid test before getting off the ship, or is it just for those that aren’t vaccinated?

The other question is about going ashore in Mexico & Nassau.  They are saying curated tours only.   Does that mean that you aren’t allowed off the ship to shop around the pier?  

46 minutes ago, curtsfan said:

We are sailing on the August 21st sailing on the Edge and I’m confused about the disembarkment Covid protocol on the return to Ft Lauderdale.  Are Vaccinated passengers required to have a Covid test before getting off the ship, or is it just for those that aren’t vaccinated?

Just unvaccinated.   Vaccinated requires no testing before during or after sailing.

46 minutes ago, curtsfan said:

The other question is about going ashore in Mexico & Nassau.  They are saying curated tours only.   Does that mean that you aren’t allowed off the ship to shop around the pier?  

Generally yes.   I believe in Costa Maya they did allow you to the port area as it's totally isolated from town.  Things are changing all the time.  Specific instructions will be available when onboard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Just unvaccinated.   Vaccinated requires no testing before during or after sailing.

But they will provide free test (antigen or PCR) to any passengers requiring a negative test to fly home. Not a big issue currently, other than for Canadians.

Edited by Fouremco

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

But they will provide free test (antigen or PCR) to any passengers requiring a negative test to fly home. Not a big issue currently, other than for Canadians.

Thanks!  We will be flying from Ft Lauderdale to Boston.

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Fouremco……mind if I ask…as a fellow Canadian…..I am having trouble finding covid insurance while travelling on a cruise? Sounds to me that unless out government reduces us to a level 3 for cruising…we are out of luck.  Do I have that correct….or am I missing something? 
The ones I have checked it appears we are out of luck. Interested for a fall cruise…..and Celebrity’s coverage will be over by then.

thanks Brockmom

13 minutes ago, brockmom said:

Fouremco……mind if I ask…as a fellow Canadian…..I am having trouble finding covid insurance while travelling on a cruise? Sounds to me that unless out government reduces us to a level 3 for cruising…we are out of luck.  Do I have that correct….or am I missing something? 
The ones I have checked it appears we are out of luck. Interested for a fall cruise…..and Celebrity’s coverage will be over by then.

thanks Brockmom

I am Canadian as well.  You can get COVID Medical insurance through Manulife or Johnson right now.  I had called both.  They are clear it covers for sure for COVID medical issues even with the current restrictions.  Neither will not cover cancellations or trip interruption relating to COVID and I can't find anyone that would.

16 minutes ago, brockmom said:

thanks Brockmom

Hi @brockmom. As @AlbertaCruisers has given you an excellent response, I'll just add that you will find a related thread on the Canadian Cruisers board. And that, if you are a retired federal employee and member of the National Association of Federal Retirees, you can get an excellent group rate with through Johnson with Medoc Travel Insurance.

BTW, this was included in my annual renewal papers from Johnson/Medoc and provides a good idea of what is and isn't covered from a COVID perspective:

COVID-19 coverage available for Emergency Medical Insurance benefits

Emergency Medical Insurance benefits continue to provide coverage for eligible emergencies related to COVID-19, even while a Canadian travel advisory related to COVID-19 is in effect.

COVID-19 coverage excluded for Trip Cancellation, Interruption & Delay Insurance benefits

The policy does not provide coverage for any trip cancellation, interruption or delay if it is directly or indirectly related to COVID-19. This exclusion applies regardless of if travel advisories for COVID-19 are in effect.

Thank you both !

I was under the impression that Manuliffe was a no go for covid med insurance while on a cruise……land trip was a different situation

so I will look into that again.

appreciate it !

Brockmom

3 minutes ago, brockmom said:

Thank you both !

I was under the impression that Manuliffe was a no go for covid med insurance while on a cruise……land trip was a different situation

so I will look into that again.

appreciate it !

Brockmom

As a note, I searched on the Manulife site and fold their coverme policy and note that it has the below wording, which confirms what I was told on the phone, that if I am fully vaccinated, and go on a cruise, I would have medical coverage.

Important information about cruise travel: If you have not received the vaccine, this policy does not provide any coverage for Coronavirus (COVID-19) and related complications on a cruise or at any destination included in your cruise itinerary. 

At the moment (anything can change):

No testing for the vax 

costa maya, can walk around the pier and leave in an approved taxi for an approved tour is what X says.  Taxi drivers are willing to take you anywhere

coz, can’t leave the ship unless you have a ship tour, after the ship tour you can walk around the pier shops

15 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

No tests are needed for domestic flights.

15 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

No tests are needed for domestic flights.

Thanks again.  I really was confused.  Things change everyday.  

14 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

At the moment (anything can change):

No testing for the vax 

costa maya, can walk around the pier and leave in an approved taxi for an approved tour is what X says.  Taxi drivers are willing to take you anywhere

coz, can’t leave the ship unless you have a ship tour, after the ship tour you can walk around the pier shops