Oceania Protocols announced 7/28/2021

Queen of DaNile

2 hours ago, gentlemancruiser said:

Anyone know where I can get a copy of O's policy on mixed vaccines?    Last May I booked a cruise in Dec  Deposit is due in Sept.   I'm fully vaccinated but concerned I might not be eligible for the cruise but I had AZ and Pfizer. 

Can you get a 2nd dose of Pfizer  before Sept  or even before Nov  if you recently had your 2nd shot ?

11 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Can you get a 2nd dose of Pfizer  before Sept  or even before Nov  if you recently had your 2nd shot ?

Not allowed in Ontario.   I am hoping that NCL changes this when the realize there are many people with mixed vaccinations 

4 hours ago, BarbaraM said:

Look under the FAQ link in the Health and Safety guidelines.  

Found it.   Because we are sailing from the US we are not allow to cruise.  Right now we can cruise in Europe.   

I've contact Oceania to refund my deposit but they refused to refund it.    NOT IMPRESSED!!!!

7 minutes ago, gentlemancruiser said:

Not allowed in Ontario.   I am hoping that NCL changes this when the realize there are many people with mixed vaccinations 

too bad  for those that bought the party line that it was OK to mix vaccines 🤔

10 minutes ago, gentlemancruiser said:

Found it.   Because we are sailing from the US we are not allow to cruise.  Right now we can cruise in Europe.   

I've contact Oceania to refund my deposit but they refused to refund it.    NOT IMPRESSED!!!!

really??

How long is your cruise ?

You may not get the admin fee back  but it can be used at a later date

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005306234-What-is-your-cancellation-and-refund-policy-

Or were you using an FCC?

14 hours ago, gentlemancruiser said:

Last May I booked a cruise in Dec  Deposit is due in Sept. 

13 minutes ago, gentlemancruiser said:

I've contact Oceania to refund my deposit but they refused to refund it

This does not make sense - you talk about a deposit due in September - if you book a cruise, you pay the deposit at that time .

If you have a cruise booked, deposit paid, final payment due in September you can get all  your deposit back as you are not yet within the penalty period, 30 days before FP.

Edited by Robjame

2 minutes ago, Robjame said:

Final payment is due Sept 24th.   Deposit was paid last May.    The agent said the deposit is non refundable.  I could apply transfer it to another cruise, which I replied could be cancelled or changed again, nobody knows. 

I explained I was considered fully vaccinated by the Canadian government and it was Oceania policy which wasn't developed at the time of booking, so I want my $2000 back!  Don't change the rules in the middle of the game and expect everyone to be in compliance!!! 

I'm going to phone Miami on Monday and escalate it.      

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, gentlemancruiser said:

Final payment is due Sept 24th.   Deposit was paid last May.    The agent said the deposit is non refundable

Your full deposit is refundable up until the penalty phase of your reservation - for you August 24. August 24 - September 24 - $350 admin charge pp (CDN) which can be applied to a further cruise.

‘Exceptions would be if you paid with a cruise credit or if the cruise is a really long one. Lean on your TA.

• Like 1

You should have received a Guest Statement from Oceania Cruises (as well as one from your TA).

On the second page is the official refund policy. Our was by email.

Your TA is not giving you correct information.

1 hour ago, gentlemancruiser said:

Final payment is due Sept 24th.   Deposit was paid last May.    The agent said the deposit is non refundable.

Are you using a TA  or did you book direct with Oceania ?

I agree your deposit should be fully refundable  unless you used an FCC   then that might be a different kettle of fish

JMO

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

too bad  for those that bought the party line that it was OK to mix vaccines 🤔

Not necessarily.

Studies are being done that may be showing some mixing of vaccines is giving a higher efficacy result.

Mixing of vaccines is also being studied in the development of the next generation vaccine.

If it was a choice between possible better protection against Delta and a temporary ( IMO ) inability to cruise from a US port, I know which one I'd choose.

Edited by Tranquility Base

Now that Celebrity has just instituted pre cruise covid testing for their sailings from the US starting today, any information on whether Oceania will do the same? Right now it only applies to X sailings from 8/1 to 9/6 but I'll wager this will get extended to the end of 2021 and into the future, and will also apply to all sailings worldwide. Pre cruise testing will become the new normal forever. Celebrity is not covering the cost of these tests, pax have to pay for them. They are required 72 before embarkation and can be PCR or antigen.

6 hours ago, gentlemancruiser said:

Could you enter the U.S. and get a second Pfizer shot? I know you will then have both Canadian and American vaccines records, but it seems like that would satisfy Oceania's requirement.

These preconditions may be subject to change. 

Take for example,  as of last Thursday, the Celebrity Edge reported 8 confirmed cases out of 1555 pax on board.  On Thursday evening, Celebrity issued an amended advisory that all pax for the Edge cruises, starting yesterday July 31, have to show negative Covid tests, taken 72 hours before departure..  This was a burden for pax sailing yesterday on the Edge. 

All guests over the age two, regardless of vaccination status, will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation. Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as all associated costs."

My point is you have to be ready for anything at this point.

To avoid this panic situation, I feel it is best to be prepared and get a test scheduled within the 72 hours for a Covid before our cruise in Nov.

Not sure what the rest of the country is experiencing , but to book a  PCR test present day, it takes a few days lead time. Covid Delta is generating a lot of fear again.

Got to be ready for anything.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

To avoid this panic situation, I feel it is best to be prepared and get a test scheduled within the 72 hours for a Covid before our cruise in Nov.

Not sure what the rest of the country is experiencing , but to book a  PCR test present day, it takes a few days lead time. Covid Delta is generating a lot of fear again.

Got to be ready for anything.

Very excellent advice! TY.

7 minutes ago, jeno said:

I wonder how we get a test in France.  We will be in France a couple of weeks before the start of the cruise. 

Check on other travel web sites. If you are flying to the US from an international destination you need a covid test before boarding a plane, most countries will have ways for visitors to get tested.  I returned from a 2 week vacation I Namibia a month ago and the TA who put the tour together arranged for the testing. If they hadn't, I figured it out myself from info on TA for Namibia.

54 minutes ago, jeno said:

I wonder how we get a test in France.  We will be in France a couple of weeks before the start of the cruise. 

Just returned from France. Most Pharmacies give the test. 29 Euros. They email the results, then follow the link to open the files. Some will give you a print out. Takes about 15 minutes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/31/2021 at 10:39 AM, gentlemancruiser said:

Final payment is due Sept 24th.   Deposit was paid last May.    The agent said the deposit is non refundable.  I could apply transfer it to another cruise, which I replied could be cancelled or changed again, nobody knows. 

I explained I was considered fully vaccinated by the Canadian government and it was Oceania policy which wasn't developed at the time of booking, so I want my $2000 back!  Don't change the rules in the middle of the game and expect everyone to be in compliance!!! 

I'm going to phone Miami on Monday and escalate it.      

A Canadian poster on the HAL site (I believe) stated that the vaccine card they get from the Canadian government only shows they are fully vaccinated not that they had AZ then Moderna (or whatever).  She seemed pretty sure it wasn't going to be a problem.  Maybe you can take a close look at your proof of vaccination card to see what it actually says.

On 7/29/2021 at 6:32 AM, Queen of DaNile said:

Just posted on another site:

Updated Info received today in regards to Oceania protocols:
  1. Pertinent protocols unique for each itinerary will be sent to you 30 days before your cruise.

4 hours ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

Indeed.

With Oceania's first mid pandemic cruise scheduled to sail this month, it will be interesting to hear what the pertinent protocols will be for the 9 countries on that itinerary.

40 minutes ago, Cruise NH said:

A Canadian poster on the HAL site (I believe) stated that the vaccine card they get from the Canadian government only shows they are fully vaccinated not that they had AZ then Moderna (or whatever). 

On my receipt is shows Pfizer the dose amount  where I got it (which arm)  date/  place  & time /person who administered it & that I have 2 doses

We did not get a card  just an email receipt

She  may want to look again 😉

On 7/28/2021 at 7:32 PM, Queen of DaNile said:

Mixed vaccines will not be accepted for any cruise leaving from the USA. They will be accepted for any other cruise.

This might now get tricky for many Britons, depending on how the interpretation develops.

Like most adults in the UK, I have now had both vaccinations. As generally the case here, these have been Astra Zeneca. No problems, so far.

However, the government has just announced that booster jabs for the higher risk groups of the population are to be given in the autumn. Again, good news generally. But it's going to be Pfizer, which is showing to be slightly more effective as a booster. So, depending on how O interprets the "no mixing" time frames (we're booked on a UK to UK cruise, so it is not dependent on US government decisions), we may have a problem. I had the second jab in April, the booster will be around October, with the cruise in June 2022.